Scav Cooperation

snake877

so i want to know , suposedly as scav we work togehter right ? how do you tell friend from foe ? i just started playing and feel everyone is trying to fill me with lead 

A lot of the time player scavs will kill you because they think if they don't, you will. The AI scavs are pretty obvious to distinguish, they don't move their aim fluidly. If you see someone walking with their gun sticking up in the air or at the ground its probably a scav. They also don't loot boxes or players. One more advanced thing is that USEC operators wear a green camo on the arms, BEARs wear black sleeves and Scavs can have many different things like clothe wraps, green hoodies etc. Also scavs faces look different and often wear hats and masks(Players can to but more often won't)

Anyway be wary of player scavs and try to avoid them(don't kill them unless they shoot first) and you'll just learn over time how to tell scavs and PMCs apart.

Hope this helps

I have met a few player scavs who were friendly, I prefer to play at night so when i see another scav i flick my light on and off 2 or 3 times as a "hey im friendly dude". i have teamed up with a fair few player scavs this way, but when i got shot by one its always from behind or as soon as i see them they dont hesitate. something needs to be done about scav on scav violence it really ruins the scav mode.

Most of the time player Scavs are in it just for themselves, especially if you get a Scav coming with a favorable kit or weapon, like Blackrock vests or half-assembled AK's.

With that in mind, running as a Scav IMO is meant for getting more loot. You can only gain by just running as a Scav, especially since the nature of EFT, generally leans toward a PvP experience.