Jump to content
MrBluePlaydoh

Opinions please hack or bug?

Recommended Posts

MrBluePlaydoh

Ok i was reading this post 

which was closed as no evidence, As i was reading i was thinking this is what happened to me and my friends.

You will hear MikeLegend say he was killed from him self and see i was killed in action from nothing also my 2nd friend was killed,  I also must add none of us was near each other i was prone looting and the other 2 was across the road in cover.

watch the video and explain what happened.  Thank you

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DMZ_Ranger

Yep there is alot of fishy stuff going on with this game. I come across players who dont even take damage even after unloading one and a half AK-75u magazines into them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tirriaq

I'm with what DMZ_Ranger said in general, though yet you was shot by the bot and the last straw on the camel's back was probably the blood loss. Thus KIAd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P2PCOOK

check out my post about a hacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShiroTenshi

That looks really inconclusive to me. There is nothing to say for certain it wasn't a bug. I have had times when i have died with no killer name, or killed people in raid and have them not show up on my final stats. It could be that the game is faulty in detecting the reason you died and thinking it was due to blood loss instead of player damage, or it could be that the end of raid statistics are bugged, which i can tell you is likely.

Other than that all i can say is that the game has an active anti-cheat right now. Anyone hacking will be caught and banned. The DEVs are not accepting any reports of possible hackers at this time.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cyb3rs34l
13 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

That looks really inconclusive to me. There is nothing to say for certain it wasn't a bug. I have had times when i have died with no killer name, or killed people in raid and have them not show up on my final stats. It could be that the game is faulty in detecting the reason you died and thinking it was due to blood loss instead of player damage, or it could be that the end of raid statistics are bugged, which i can tell you is likely.

Other than that all i can say is that the game has an active anti-cheat right now. Anyone hacking will be caught and banned. The DEVs are not accepting any reports of possible hackers at this time.

 

Things like this are why i quit playing the game and just keep tracking the forums.

I was killed by a group of people whom had hatchets and where no where near me, it said I killed myself I had a shotgun and as soon as i went to shoot them I died from nothing at all just KIA and their was no sound of gun shots or me being hit by anything it was broad day light and you could see the people had only hatchets. In the current state this game wont be out of beta for a long time unless they have most of the issues addressed and just are holding back patches.  This is also the reason none of my friends will even buy the game....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liranoc
1 hour ago, DMZ_Ranger said:

Yep there is alot of fishy stuff going on with this game. I come across players who dont even take damage even after unloading one and a half AK-75u magazines into them.

That sounds like desync. Playing from Aus i have had situations where i see a guy, and then a minute or two later i hear the gunshots and take the damage from the engagement, same with running into barbed wire. From their side it would have looked like what you describe.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WackoDesperado
1 hour ago, DMZ_Ranger said:

Yep there is alot of fishy stuff going on with this game. I come across players who dont even take damage even after unloading one and a half AK-75u magazines into them.

desync

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DMZ_Ranger

The game had minimal desync, its something i test and am aware of. I shot and killed a guy only moments before yet unloaded almost 2full mags on this sucker who was naked with a pistol and i was wearing armour with an AK. We were 4-5 metres from each other and its not the first time i have encountered this recently. I am totally aware of the limitations of the game and its servers in its current state but this is something totally different. Im concerned this game will end up like alot of the other shooters. Battle of the hackers, that would be very sad.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrBluePlaydoh
6 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

That looks really inconclusive to me. There is nothing to say for certain it wasn't a bug. I have had times when i have died with no killer name, or killed people in raid and have them not show up on my final stats. It could be that the game is faulty in detecting the reason you died and thinking it was due to blood loss instead of player damage, or it could be that the end of raid statistics are bugged, which i can tell you is likely.

Other than that all i can say is that the game has an active anti-cheat right now. Anyone hacking will be caught and banned. The DEVs are not accepting any reports of possible hackers at this time.

 

Listen to every ones reaction and not what just happened to me,  Dont you think its odd how ALL 3 of us was killed at the exact same time and all 3 of us was in different locations?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotoriousMIRV

Whenever I go out fully geared I always get killed without seeing or hearing something.

It happened to me again a minute ago, hence the post to this thread.
It feels bad when you put a lot of effort into collecting gear and you get killed unfairly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs

Desync and death by scav ( player ).

Killed in action sometimes happens. 

Nothing to see here. move along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrBluePlaydoh
3 hours ago, sYs said:

Desync and death by scav ( player ).

Killed in action sometimes happens. 

Nothing to see here. move along. 

Clearly a fan boi!  Erm so you dont think 3 players all shout WTF at the same time is desync and normal?  you sir need to take your tongue out from the arse holes of the devs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs
4 minutes ago, MrBluePlaydoh said:

Clearly a fan boi!  Erm so you dont think 3 players all shout WTF at the same time is desync and normal?  you sir need to take your tongue out from the arse holes of the devs!

Fanboy? Are F kidding me? Clearly you have no idea who i am and how rough i am towards the development of this game.

I'm just stating obvious from 1 year of experience in this game and about 1,000 hour into the game. 

I shoot you from 300 meters with an well placed shot to the head ( no helmet ) with a silenced weapon. You drop - you hear nothing. HACKS :D You would be amazed how much 'support'tickets for hacks some people get and somehow devs find no need to ban them because they play fair. 

Edited by sYs
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LAGART0

Desync, and the post raid stats dont work the 30% of the time for me

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADogNamedMiro

The stats screen does that a lot. 

I only heard one AK. Sounded like a player, given the fast semi auto. Doesn't mean he was alone. Doesn't mean his possible friends were running unsuppressed. Doesn't mean the sound was reporting correctly as well. I've died to someone shooting me point blank and not heard their fire a few times. Just happens... 

Are there hackers? Sure. Vids are out there for paid stuff on YouTube. And I've had my doubts about a few people I've thought were using Esp type hacks. Do I think you had a hacker use a kill all players ? Na. I couldn't tell what happened between your face being shoved in a looting screen for way too long and your crew incessantly talking. Situational awareness is HUGE in this game and large groups "communicating" and not listening and watching your backs can lead to stuff like this easily. Hard to tell though, for all the reasons I stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zenjamin

My take on this is ... not nearly enough evidence to call hacks.

With 2 or 3 other friends, we have multiple times come across a full group of people who are unaware of our presence.  Either we stalked them and waited for them to stop moving, but we've often coordinated our attacks to open up on all the enemies at once - that part isn't hard at all.  

Simply coordinating a strike and killing multiple people in the space of 1 or 2 seconds isn't nearly enough to call hacks.  Your guys didn't seem like they even saw the enemy until he yelled - implying he was within spitting distance to you guys.  

Could it have been hacks? Possibly.  Most hacks I see would have been a lot less shooting and a lot more headshots.  It seemed like they were mostly spraying - so it could have been aimbot AI or players.  I'm gonna guess aimbot AI - maybe 2 of them for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CpZapper
19 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

 

Other than that all i can say is that the game has an active anti-cheat right now. Anyone hacking will be caught and banned. The DEVs are not accepting any reports of possible hackers at this time.

 

Not gonna lie kinda bad on the devs part for not taking care of hackers and only relying on anti-cheat.

That can really kill a game if the devs only care about the anti-cheat doing it, they could atleast try and fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShiroTenshi
14 hours ago, CpZapper said:

Not gonna lie kinda bad on the devs part for not taking care of hackers and only relying on anti-cheat.

That can really kill a game if the devs only care about the anti-cheat doing it, they could atleast try and fix it.

Not really.

At this point in time 90% of 'hacker' reports made by players are Bugs, Desync or just plain sore losing. I know it's harsh, but it's the truth.

Right now, manual reports are not reliable and THAT is why the DEVs aren't taking any.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
garderoben
10 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Not really.

At this point in time 90% of 'hacker' reports made by players are Bugs, Desync or just plain sore losing. I know it's harsh, but it's the truth.

Right now, manual reports are not reliable and THAT is why the DEVs aren't taking any.

I have experienced my self two times now, and i read people here with same experience and on reddit about spawning in and withing 1-5 min all getting killed by the same guy even across the map. that for sure is not a bug or dsync.

There was a video today of a player flying and then landing behind another guy shot him and the apparently killed his friend on the other side of the map just some sec later...

And that is not a desync problem, desync is when the player thinks he is at one location but for the server (or other clients talking to the server) he is at another location. 

But in this case, it lacks evidence. Same in me and my Friends case since no one recorded it.
But when several people on several different platform report the EXACT same behavior and from same guy but it gets shot down as desync problem... pretty frustrating.

Edited by garderoben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShiroTenshi
5 minutes ago, garderoben said:

I have experienced my self two times now, and i read people here with same experience and on reddit about spawning in and withing 1-5 min all getting killed by the same guy even across the map. that for sure is not a bug or dsync.

There was a video today of a player flying and then landing behind another guy shot him and the apparently killed his friend on the other side of the map just some sec later...

And that is not a desync problem, desync is when the player thinks he is at one location but for the server (or other clients talking to the server) he is at another location. 

I'm sorry, but from what we know of the reported bugs and glitches than all of those could be explained by them. THIS is why we don't take player reports. They can be wrong, biased or just misinformed.

Anti-Cheat is active. If they are hacking they WILL get caught and banned. Criticizing the DEVs for not listening to complaints that have been shown, by previous example, to be mostly wrong will NOT change how things are done. You need to understand the DEVs have it handled and are keeping information about it to a minimum for security reasons. 

I'm not saying there aren't hackers. What i am saying is that player reports are NOT a reliable way to get evidence for a BAN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
garderoben
18 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

I'm sorry, but from what we know of the reported bugs and glitches than all of those could be explained by them. THIS is why we don't take player reports. They can be wrong, biased or just misinformed.

Anti-Cheat is active. If they are hacking they WILL get caught and banned. Criticizing the DEVs for not listening to complaints that have been shown, by previous example, to be mostly wrong will NOT change how things are done. You need to understand the DEVs have it handled and are keeping information about it to a minimum for security reasons. 

I'm not saying there aren't hackers. What i am saying is that player reports are NOT a reliable way to get evidence for a BAN.

I totally understands and i agree people shout cheater way to often and its most of the time just bad players or bugs, desync like getting shot even when your hide (for the server your not hiding) etc.

I'm not criticizing the devs. i been playing since Alpha and this was my first encounter where to me it could be nothing else than hack. And since i don't know any thing about this games anti cheat and for security reasons i should not know it i just wanted to get the info out there that this kind of stuff is happening if lets say the anti cheat just detects aiming trough a wall as example.

All games have cheats and cheaters and pretty much all games only detects them after some one uses one so sadly some people will always encounter this kind of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IntelJoe

So I went in on Woods the other day, armed with a Scav vest and a PM plus one mag and ammo.

Saw this group of fully armed guys running against the wall near the bombed out building near the train tracks. Thought to myself, hey maybe I'll follow them and scavenge the loot.

So I follow the wall and hear some shots, then see a body. I was on a hill overlooking a small gully/valley. I see the body and go prone. Then the two heavily armed guys come out of cover (tree's all around). I have perfect line of sight. They start to loot the body. I unload a mag and kill one of the guys with a headshot (ended up being a level 10-31 player or something). The other guy just kind of walks around, I assume he was trying to figure out what happened. Internally I start freaking out because I'm thinking I will kill the other player with my PM and loot their awesome gear for my plunderous dreams. Except that I didn't follow the rule of, once you expose your position by firing your weapon you need to keep moving to live. So the other player double backed and killed me. My sweet sweet dream of riches comes to an end.

I'm sure from the "other" players point of view I could have been exploiting or cheating because "how could I have gotten the drop on them". Or maybe they just assumed I got a lucky shot off and ruined a small part of their day. I don't know because once I die, the match is over for me.

I haven't had any experience with "cheaters", yet, but I'm not totally sure this game has them even in small numbers. If anything exploits/bugs are a bigger issue due to the nature of the game being in beta. As exploits can give a player an unfair advantage (like being invisible, which I saw all the time or invulnerable for example) than can be thought of as a cheat but in reality it's the games code that's at fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKRA_Alias7
On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:49 AM, ShiroTenshi said:

That looks really inconclusive to me. There is nothing to say for certain it wasn't a bug. I have had times when i have died with no killer name, or killed people in raid and have them not show up on my final stats. It could be that the game is faulty in detecting the reason you died and thinking it was due to blood loss instead of player damage, or it could be that the end of raid statistics are bugged, which i can tell you is likely.

Other than that all i can say is that the game has an active anti-cheat right now. Anyone hacking will be caught and banned. The DEVs are not accepting any reports of possible hackers at this time.

 

ye but what exactly is anti cheat sounds like a sentence that's been chucked together just so they had summat to tell us is it an algorithm is it people monitoring peoples accounts. what is anti cheat it sounds very vague and non specific. say for example 4 million people are online at once how do u decide who to watch. how do u watch that many people at once how can u monitor that many things at once. now I obviously don't expect you personally know but some insight would be nice as anti cheat sounds like one of them silly phrases they use on adverts to sell u shite. now I'm no expert on things so technical but when a guy goes oh ye we use anti cheat n that's it no explanation like ye no worries mate I know what u mean I can really put my trust in what u just said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShiroTenshi
48 minutes ago, alias7 said:

ye but what exactly is anti cheat sounds like a sentence that's been chucked together just so they had summat to tell us is it an algorithm is it people monitoring peoples accounts. what is anti cheat it sounds very vague and non specific. say for example 4 million people are online at once how do u decide who to watch. how do u watch that many people at once how can u monitor that many things at once. now I obviously don't expect you personally know but some insight would be nice as anti cheat sounds like one of them silly phrases they use on adverts to sell u shite. now I'm no expert on things so technical but when a guy goes oh ye we use anti cheat n that's it no explanation like ye no worries mate I know what u mean I can really put my trust in what u just said

For security reasons, no information about the current anti-cheat will be given. They have already mentioned it briefly during the DEV interviews but to keep the information out of the hands of people that would use it to go around the system, they will not release the info to the public.

All anyone really needs to know is that Anti-Cheat is active, it has banned people and is constantly being worked on to improve the detection of people who use hacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2