Jump to content
Cfxsquad

So what's the next big thing?

Recommended Posts

Cfxsquad

So, now the BETA is out there (Awesome work guys) I was wondering what is the next big thing to be hyped about? 
 

Of course, I know there are things that need tweaking, fixing, but I find it exhausting that everytime Battlestate comes out with some news or whatsoever people
instantly whine and nag about stuff that needs fixing. We don't have to remind them EVERYTIME that they are developing a game that is in progress. Come on :)

So, that said, we had the Shoreline location to be very hyped about. And it was worth waiting! 

Things to look out to: 

- Hideout 

- Shoreline full map

- Streets of Tarkov map

- Karmasystem (I know I know)

- Stuff from the dev reports? <-- where are we on this right now? Like the new animations, lock picking, voip, chat etc

- New weapons

- Removal of the amount of bullets left in your inventory 

- (..?) 

Let's make this a POSITIVE TOPIC :)

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auer

what is this karma thing? just dont tell me there will be limits in killing players

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COLanski
vor 2 Minuten schrieb Auer:

what is this karma thing? just dont tell me there will be limits in killing players

Hey there - no not really. EFT is planned to become a faction based shooter - so shooting your own faction is not really "nice", so it is planned that this will give you penalties later but we don't know exactly how this will work.

Ideas were something like: traders selling you crap for higher prices ... you may get sick more or even gun jams more if you keep killing own faction members. But there will also be a counterpart for you to regain normal or even high karma by helping people or doing missions etc.

It must be balanced and fair tho while supporting even the playstyle of being an outlaw in some ways.
Another thing we have to wait for the devs to adress some more info. ;)

But there will also be an arena mode in the final game where karma should not be in place and that works similar to the current gameplay. :)

vor einer Stunde schrieb Cfxsquad:

Let's make this a POSITIVE TOPIC :)

Good try. I hope it works. :D

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Docdarson
8 minutes ago, Auer said:

what is this karma thing? just dont tell me there will be limits in killing players

It's a tool to keep you from LOLRANDUM killing players, yes. Presumably, with high karma, you will either be paired with people who also have high karma - which prevents teamkilling and the like - and that if you've got low karma, you will be paired with similar people who KOS without preamble.

That said, as teamplay hasn't been implemented yet, I imagine that this is at least another year off. Karma systems would be pretty useless if teams weren't already established, and that hasn't been talked about in a while AFAIK.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TechoverMana
13 hours ago, COLanski said:

you may get sick more or even gun jams more if you keep killing own faction members.

Because, as we all know, guns judge the moral significance of how you use them and will stop working for bad guys. I'm sure glad that all those AKs decided to stop working for ISIS once they saw all the bad things they did.  And diseases for sure only happen to bad people. Because that's how reality works, right? It's definitely not a cold uncaring thing that is influenced and changes its behavior due to human morality any more than rock or carbon atoms are influenced by it.

I swear, every time I hear something about the karma system it always sounds worse and worse. I really hope that they just drop the idea entirely down the line.

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MurrayXIIV

I'm REALLY confused at how not killing the same faction will work, considering heavily geared players all look damn near identical unless you are right next to them and can (hopefully) figure out what colored shirt they are wearing which is going to suck hard.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Djent_
19 minutes ago, TechoverMana said:

Because, as we all know, guns judge the moral significance of how you use them and will stop working for bad guys. I'm sure glad that all those AKs decided to stop working for ISIS once they saw all the bad things they did.  And diseases for sure only happen to bad people. Because that's how reality works, right? It's definitely not a cold uncaring thing that is influenced and changes its behavior due to human morality any more than rock or carbon atoms are influenced by it.

I swear, every time I hear something about the karma system it always sounds worse and worse. I really hope that they just drop the idea entirely down the line.

Sounds like you're getting confused between real life and a game, that's dangerous.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TechoverMana

I'm not, but this game is supposed to be based around 'uncompromising realism' and 'maximum immersion' in its gameplay. A karma system is about as real and immersive as having Overwatch ultimates in this game.

EFT is a game and not reality, sure, but that doesn't mean if I started hearing about introducing jet packs, lightsabers and mech suits, and having some catgirls jumping around just for fun, I'd shouldn't object because 'it's not real so who cares, don't get confused between a game and real life'. And a karma system is in that sort of category in my eyes, it's a completely non-sensible system that is directly against the nature and spirit of the game.

If you don't want a game that's got that sort of idea, if you want behavior and guns and all this stuff to diverge from reality for subjective concepts of 'balance' and how you think 'teamwork' should be forced on people, go play Battlefield or something that'll gladly do that for you. The balance should just come from what naturally extends from simulating the physics of human kinetics, anatomy, gun mechanics and physics, not from some other system with no basis in such things like that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COLanski
vor 2 Stunden schrieb TechoverMana:

Because, as we all know, guns judge the moral significance of how you use them and will stop working for bad guys. I'm sure glad that all those AKs decided to stop working for ISIS once they saw all the bad things they did.  And diseases for sure only happen to bad people. Because that's how reality works, right? It's definitely not a cold uncaring thing that is influenced and changes its behavior due to human morality any more than rock or carbon atoms are influenced by it.

I swear, every time I hear something about the karma system it always sounds worse and worse. I really hope that they just drop the idea entirely down the line.

That was a named idea.A dev said that. Please keep this discussion friendly and good.
We are discussing this in a different threat already.

Can you guys please talk about that in one of the million "karma system" topics?
Like this one that someone revived just yet.

 

Edited by COLanski
trying to keep the karma discussion out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kuromugi

I think the gun jamming thing is stupid if it's based on karma, it should be based on the condition/durability of the weapon.  I would agree to decreased trader reputation or increased cost for traders as realistically if you're on the same side and start killing "friendlies" that's obviously frowned upon.

 

imo, scav should be a permanent faction, for all people people who just want to be dicks.  Kind of like how the Arma mod Breaking point had the good guys, the bad guys and the unaligned guys.  Obviously he good guys in this game would be based on the faction you chose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Acds

Since we're talking karma, why not have faction relations instead? You have a number from 1 to 100 that denotes your relation with the faction you chose. You start at 50, it goes up by killing members of the opposing faction and down when you kill members of your own. At >50, you get a cheap pistol as default (and you get a new one when you lose it, much like melee weapons now). At >75 you get a small amount of medical supplies (2 bandages and a splint) the same way, and maybe a chest rig. At 100, you get a cheap SMG or shotgun, plus the aforementioned stuff. Going below 50, you don't get anything but your usual melee weapon, and going below 25 will mean other players of your same faction can kill you without losing relation themselves, and it also removes the identification armband (or some other identifier so other players know you're killable) from your character. Killing scavs wouldn't affect this, so you can't shoot a player then just prey on some AI scavs to make the relation malus go away. Also, trader relations could be affected and you'd get worse deals the lower your go.

Would be a lot more natural than getting sick or your gun jamming more. Players who want to kill others in their faction get to do so but have to deal with the rather logical consequences and getting some of their own medicine. It would also solve the hatchling problem as you'd get a small amount of gear if your faction likes you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dalereo
9 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

I'm not, but this game is supposed to be based around 'uncompromising realism' and 'maximum immersion' in its gameplay. A karma system is about as real and immersive as having Overwatch ultimates in this game.

EFT is a game and not reality, sure, but that doesn't mean if I started hearing about introducing jet packs, lightsabers and mech suits, and having some catgirls jumping around just for fun, I'd shouldn't object because 'it's not real so who cares, don't get confused between a game and real life'. And a karma system is in that sort of category in my eyes, it's a completely non-sensible system that is directly against the nature and spirit of the game.

If you don't want a game that's got that sort of idea, if you want behavior and guns and all this stuff to diverge from reality for subjective concepts of 'balance' and how you think 'teamwork' should be forced on people, go play Battlefield or something that'll gladly do that for you. The balance should just come from what naturally extends from simulating the physics of human kinetics, anatomy, gun mechanics and physics, not from some other system with no basis in such things like that.

2

Because in Real life you would either be disavowed or Sent to prison by your respective leadership for being a Blue Falcon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyhogenesis

The next big thing is GamesCom 23.08. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Contractor001851
17 minutes ago, psyhogenesis said:

The next big thing is GamesCom 23.08. 
 

The next big thing should be adding more content in the game instead of re-skinning the "Alpha" as a "Beta"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyhogenesis
1 минуту назад, Contractor001851 сказал:

The next big thing should be adding more content in the game instead of re-skinning the "Alpha" as a "Beta"

They are. After GamesCon. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sordid_lemon
7 minutes ago, psyhogenesis said:

They are. After GamesCon. ;)

After a GamesConvention? The community already is crying for fixes though!! 

>:(

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKRA_Alias7
On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, COLanski said:

Hey there - no not really. EFT is planned to become a faction based shooter - so shooting your own faction is not really "nice", so it is planned that this will give you penalties later but we don't know exactly how this will work.

Ideas were something like: traders selling you crap for higher prices ... you may get sick more or even gun jams more if you keep killing own faction members. But there will also be a counterpart for you to regain normal or even high karma by helping people or doing missions etc.

It must be balanced and fair tho while supporting even the playstyle of being an outlaw in some ways.
Another thing we have to wait for the devs to adress some more info. ;)

But there will also be an arena mode in the final game where karma should not be in place and that works similar to the current gameplay. :)

Good try. I hope it works. :D

there already is an arena its called factory its tarkovs centre for hand to hand combat all u need to take part is a knife or a hatchet winner gets an ak ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKRA_Alias7
16 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

Because, as we all know, guns judge the moral significance of how you use them and will stop working for bad guys. I'm sure glad that all those AKs decided to stop working for ISIS once they saw all the bad things they did.  And diseases for sure only happen to bad people. Because that's how reality works, right? It's definitely not a cold uncaring thing that is influenced and changes its behavior due to human morality any more than rock or carbon atoms are influenced by it.

I swear, every time I hear something about the karma system it always sounds worse and worse. I really hope that they just drop the idea entirely down the line.

this game does sound like it wants to contradict itself a lot I want to be the most realistic game you ever played yet at the same time wants to kill you with shots a bloody android with infrared eyes would miss. I have high hopes this game will be great but I'm struggling to remain positive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slayen

Gamescom is bringing us quests and I'm really looking forward to it I just hope they're not lame shitty little quests but well thought out and difficult quests 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TechoverMana
7 hours ago, dalereo said:

Because in Real life you would either be disavowed or Sent to prison by your respective leadership for being a Blue Falcon

If you were still working as a PMC or in the military, I'd completely agree. The game describes our characters as ex-operator/PMC at the character select screen so it sounds very much to me like you've sort of deserted or left those organizations and now are pretty much just a well trained thug pillaging Tarkov and maybe making uneasy alliances here and there with other rouge elements. And even if they are working in a PMC/Military organization, it's not a sure thing that they'd immediately get their comeuppance.Most of the few US armed forces that snap or go rouge either turn themselves in immediately like Robert Bales after sneaking off base and killing like 20 random Afghan locals, or disappear and are on the loose for years and years in their warzones before they're caught, if they're ever caught at all. A lot of them will just get killed in some hole in the desert or during some other fight and no one ever finds out and is looking for a ghost they think is still alive. It happens, there's been guys who've somehow got it in their heads and walk off their base and start fighting for the bad guys and never, ever get their comeuppance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RazaSlim
17 hours ago, COLanski said:

That was a named idea.A dev said that. Please keep this discussion friendly and good.
We are discussing this in a different threat already.

Can you guys please talk about that in one of the million "karma system" topics?
Like this one that someone revived just yet.

 

i think having an item (armband/radio) that binds you to a group like Arma groups and disables FF. while the ability to unbind from the group and go rouge is an option. voip and a hud would be optimal for ease of use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COLanski
vor 17 Stunden schrieb Sordid_lemon:

After a GamesConvention? The community already is crying for fixes though!! 

>:(

Where? In your posts? :P
Most of the community is just patient and lets the devs do their job, and answers when they are asked.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb alias7:

there already is an arena its called factory its tarkovs centre for hand to hand combat all u need to take part is a knife or a hatchet winner gets an ak ;)

Oh i had that once. 5 Players found themselfes between the lockers all with hatchets, funny mumbles and wiggling, nobody hacked each other, cool party ... till nummer 6 came in like "POLICE!" with his shotgun and everybody ran like they had stolen gold chains in their pockets.

No there will actually be an arena mode. Faction based- teamplay story or free roam OR arena deathmatch etc.
There will be enough. :P

vor 8 Stunden schrieb RazaSlim:

i think having an item (armband/radio) that binds you to a group like Arma groups and disables FF. while the ability to unbind from the group and go rouge is an option. voip and a hud would be optimal for ease of use.

There are factions. USEC and BEAR and SCAVs.

And arma never had FF disabled on good servers and nobody needed and armband.
EFT will have such armbands tho to identify your own team at least but there will be no FF disabled.

You should just learn to check your targets mate. Real Arma players know how to. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RazaSlim
16 hours ago, COLanski said:

Where? In your posts? :P
Most of the community is just patient and lets the devs do their job, and answers when they are asked.

Oh i had that once. 5 Players found themselfes between the lockers all with hatchets, funny mumbles and wiggling, nobody hacked each other, cool party ... till nummer 6 came in like "POLICE!" with his shotgun and everybody ran like they had stolen gold chains in their pockets.

No there will actually be an arena mode. Faction based- teamplay story or free roam OR arena deathmatch etc.
There will be enough. :P

There are factions. USEC and BEAR and SCAVs.

And arma never had FF disabled on good servers and nobody needed and armband.
EFT will have such armbands tho to identify your own team at least but there will be no FF disabled.

You should just learn to check your targets mate. Real Arma players know how to. :P

im not arguing the realism factor of ff. it should be enabled. however the spawns are a like a musical chairs game in a field littered with land mines. its just not right yet. primary scav spawns, i think any sort of indication of player factions in the raid would greatly improve faction based game play. having none resorts us to our only option tactically speaking, shoot first ask question later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Km4n
On 8/17/2017 at 11:37 PM, psyhogenesis said:

The next big thing is GamesCom 23.08. 
 

agreed!! followed by open beta - there is so much content coming I dont think a lot of us realise how cool this game is going to be on top of how already cool it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2