Using Steam Overlay with escape from tarkov ?

u2_paulhewson

u2_paulhewson

Good evening fellows dev,

I recently added EFT on my steam so i can benefit the overlay to check the real hour timing, get my screenshots in my steam library, talk to steam buddies without leaving the game on the background.
I wanted to know, if the steam overlay could be seen, someday, as a hack by your anti-hacking software ?

I've been using it tonight for around 2hours of gaming without any issue. But hoped you could cleared that for me (and hoping that the steam overlay will stay safe to use with your game in the future).

Thanks, and good night.

Edited by u2_paulhewson
SlothHunter

I have been using it since before closed beta testing started without issue. I'm still not sure if it will or can be problematic but it has been fine so far.

u2_paulhewson

Yeah, but until it became official steam release (and we all get our free copy on steam ???), i prefer to be sure the developer won't detect the steam overlay as a potentiel hack at some point (or at least their anti-hack software).

I guess the overlay inject itself in some way into the game, no ??

RobinoSVK

I am watting just for announcing something about steam version of this game. I really want to play but its crucial to me to have all my games on steam.. If I know that preordering EOD edition will include code for steam activation later I will buy it asap

u2_paulhewson

The problem is not really having it on steam (but if they can later link the EFT account to the steam account, that's fine by me too), you can include a non-steam game to your steam library & get the overlay working fine.

It's more the fact that the overlay can be seen as a hack at anytime because it interacts with the game itself.

Minithekid

I currently have no problems with the steam overlay, but hopefully there will be a steam version we can all transfer our accounts to.

• 2 weeks later...
DankMemess

I know this is a little dated now, though I haven't had any issues so far along with using steam overlay either.. which includes broadcasting for a friend as well. Ontop of that I'm running Reshade as well (which has been confirmed as non detected by the devs, and supposedly will continue to be supported). I'm sure many people likely use it so if there's a sudden massive dip and sudden complaints that people will dispute it, I've even seen streamers and youtubers utilizing it as well so chances are it should be fine, and if it isn't detected NOW I don't see why they would add rules to the anti-cheat to cause it to detect.

PhineasWhipsnde

I would welcome EfT on Steam too, in that it would benefit from features like CRC checks (and auto-repairs) on all its game files (has been very helpful for games like GTA Online).

For those who use Steam, be sure to disable any Steam-based auto-updates to your games, since EfT doesn't know about them, and you mistakenly blame EfT's servers for a 3.5 GB Steam game update going on in the background. Steam still lets you know via the "Library" section when any game needs to be updated, so IMO it's a viable and useful thing to do.

Edited by PhineasWhipsnde
Clarification