yozaman

One Tapped By AI

yozaman

I brought my full ak and paca into a raid today, wiped the entire map of factory (was super fun and action packed). I was going for the escape fully kitted and had as much gear as my bags could carry and as I was heading to the exit a scav flew out from behind a wall and shot me once in the head with a pm from like 30 meters away. This is something that happens to me frequently and AI should not be able to just 1 tap you before you can even react. Bots also need to have a limit to how fast they can turn around so they are more realistic to players. Maybe some of this could happen but the chances of a shot like this are very very unlikely. The main problem here though is just how fast they react, as soon as a bot is triggered it can do a complete 180 and shoot perfectly accurate.

Edited by yozaman

JosephWolf
11 minutes ago, yozaman said:

I brought my full ak and paca into a raid today, wiped the entire map of factory (was super fun and action packed). I was going for the escape fully kitted and had as much gear as my bags could carry and as I was heading to the exit a scav flew out from behind a wall and shot me once in the head with a pm from like 30 meters away. This is something that happens to me frequently and AI should not be able to just 1 tap you before you can even react. Bots also need to have a limit to how fast they can turn around so they are more realistic to players. Maybe some of this could happen but the chances of a shot like this are very very unlikely. The main problem here though is just how fast they react, as soon as a bot is triggered it can do a complete 180 and shoot perfectly accurate.

They really don't do it nearllllly as often, Also for some reason I get more of a feeling that you got one tapped by a player scav camping.

• Upvote 1

yozaman

Nah it was not a player scav for sure, he was not camping the exit he was just behind a silo somewhere random. And his reaction speed was inhuman. And you are right they don't do it that often but it is hilariously bad when it does and leaves you feeling cheated. I have also been shot midair in the head while run jumping at a bot.

Edited by yozaman

Aricketts

I can confirm that AI do, in fact, have insane reaction times. If someone gets shot in the back from a rifle they are not going to instantly know where the shot came from and react as quickly as the AI do in this game.

Km4n

I can confirm - I just came off Factory - well not by choice - KIA by scav. I killed 3 scavs around containers/Tanks near pump room - had one more over by the main extraction behind pipes - killled him no issue there - yup they've been camping there for a while now lol - had a scav run out near containers - pumped him with buckshot he ran away i reloaded then peeked out left heard him run back to me - as soon as he ran around the corner - RAN!! not crouching or aiming - RUNNING! the shot was instantaneous! 1 shot head shot with makarov. Id have to say I do not encounter this avery often if at all these days, however, not a big issue but it is still a problem...

kidyang90

Is it just me or did they just become even harder from this last update? I had a stash full of gear, so much that I had no more room for anything but now I have nothing and lost half a million on gear. I also just shot a scav point blank with a 12g and he turned around and killed me with one shot to the head. I think I'm going to take a break from this game until it gets more balanced or even completed.

Mastrsgt

i really dont have a problem with ai usually, i will peak a corner and the ai will be looking at me but he will usually miss his first and 2nd shot leaving you room to 2 shot him with a shotgun or something after his first 2 shots i will usually start getting hit and its usually  in the legs, the devs talk about leg meta and they program their bots to do the same thing lol

v3n0mou5

The devs are constantly tweaking the AI server side, so their behaviour can change anyday.

SKRA_Alias7

I swear the scavs get fiddled every day some days ive literally walked along side one for a good ten seconds the wiped him clean out a day later ur lucky if u can get close to one without the infamous 180 no scope headshot I donht give a toss how good or hardcore half you lot think u are being hardcore don't dodge one of them fairytale scav headshots to the napper its in reasonable and unrealistic n I thought realism was the point getting headshotted throught 3 acres of trees aint real

id rather just face more players tbh uck the scavs off n put an extra ten players in I'm sure everyone would be happier that way

necuja

ai already openly discussed here, please refrain from opening multiple posts on the same subject per forum rule number 3