AODqw97

Older Aged Players Alliance

----------[OAPA] Older Aged Players Alliance----------

We are well in the ‘older age’ bracket, a members group comprising a collection of guys from around the globe who are into PC’s, firearms, realism in games and primarily Escape from Tarkov among other titles. Our communication is via the Discord service with English being our required language.

Being weapon heads, Escape from Tarkov is the game we’ve been waiting many years to come to fruition. Depending on your viewpoint, we are firmly of the opinion that this is game best enjoyed with a team and better still a team of friends that you can rely on and trust, who also share the same interests and subjects that 'older people' do. The age requirement for this group is strictly 40+ so maturity and the ability to mix opinions and views without the attitudes and BS associated with the youngsters is guaranteed.

That's why the Older Aged Players Alliance exists. We are not a clan, we do not league play or expect routine commitments from our members. All we ask is for people to be reasonably active within the group, show a friendly respect for the other members and have each other’s backs in a game. Nothing too difficult for the right attitude, we have no egos and no one is in charge.
We are about fun and we have plenty of it, we're not EFT Gods that know it all so if you're looking for that kind of approach then we are probably not for you.

There are many factors that we view someone’s suitability to join the group, the key one being the ability to mix and converse with the rest of the group.
We define ‘reasonably active’ as having a genuine interest in Escape from Tarkov, maintaining a consistent presence both in the voice channels and in the general chat area of our Discord channel. We do not require or seek ‘numbers’ of members, we seek the ‘right’ members.
Everyone undergoes a probationary period for an unspecified time with a subsequent vote on eligibility to become a full member.

Please be aware also that this is an international community with the group’s administration based in the UK. As such the amount of available players in our channels at any one time will vary.

If you think you can fit in with what’s outlined above then please contact us with your name, location and time zone, we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please be aware that an inquiry to join does not guarantee acceptance and may also be turned down.

We are currently accepting inquiries for membership within the following time zones: WORLDWIDE

EFT OAPA Logo.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, AODqw97 said:

I'm actually going to re-evaluate what I said above and put that at 40+. I've just been through the whole age thread and seen just how many of us there are 40+, 50 even sixty odd!
I've sent PM's to some people and my apologies if you didn't want that contact but hey 'no ask no get'.

I'm really trying here to start a community for the old school, or join one if one already exists. Please take a minute and let me know what you think, if this gets no interest I won't ask again I'll just assume no one is interested.

Thanks.

count me in, im 48

• Upvote 1

Gentlemen.. (assumption)

The response to this has really taken off well, I now have a problem replying to everyone because of my private message cap. Could I please ask all interested people to PM me with some details to enable me go compile a list that will be shared among other members of the group.

Ideally, (nothing is mandatory) this would include your name (first name or name you like to be known as) Discord tag, location (country is fine, state would be would be nice) your age and time zone. This information will be shared with the other members so please make sure you are happy with this. 

To be clear this isn't a competitive team or 'clan' that's for the youngsters. The idea is a central 'hub' of information and a meeting point for members to be able to drop in and play a few rounds with whoever is available with no pressure or obligation to anybody. There's no leader, no hierarchy, no rules, no commitment we don't need all that, maturity negates the need.

It will however be a co-operative alliance in every way. To help each other and play alongside each other. No team killers, no internal PVP, no egos no BS that's not the idea and not who we want, hence the age group. 40+is really where we are aiming on this I feel. Not saying you couldn't join under that age it's just a target, for now. 

A couple of the guys already showing commitment are ex military, weapon enthusiasts, game enthusiasts with genuine knowledge and experience to share that I'm sure will make for a very interesting backdrop to the EFT experience. I'm really quite excited about getting this up and running. If things go well we could even have our own server (subscription based) but that's all for the future.

If this still sounds like it's for you the please PM me and post a reply to THIS thread to log your support so that the other members know who is likely to be involved. I shall compile details and get back to you all when able ( work and family life permitting),

To kick things off I have a session in prospect this evening around 20:00 GMT with RileyGod on Discord (voice). If you would like to drop in on this meeting and play a round or two then please drop in. My Discord #aodqw97.

Thanks.

Edited by AODqw97
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, DeltaElite121 said:

LOL, didn't see that coming? ;) I'd say a lot of us gamers from the "golden age" of PC gaming are in their 40's and early 30's at this point for sure.

:D You in mate?

Hmph, I don't even know what old is anymore, I'm 31 and I feel like I'm 25.  I'm actually scared to reach 40 but then again I try not to pay attention to age because it's just a number. Well, best of wishes in your recruiting. :uhappy:

Edited by Cloak
Forgot a word
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lethalByte said:

Hello AoD, I am HERE! :D

Nice one matey ;)

1 minute ago, Cloak said:

Hmph, I don't even know what old is anymore, I'm 31 and I feel like I'm 25.  I'm actually scared to reach 40 but then again I try not to pay attention to age because it's just a number. :uhappy:

That's the spirit mate. hey look at it this way, you can't join us you're TOO young ;) Nice of you to drop in though.

7 hours ago, Doc_Savage said:

Just sent pm

Hi Doc, I don't see a PM friend. You sure you sent it? Unless I've already answered and deleted if so my apologies.

@pdonnnyc456 look forward to seeing you on the Discord, drop in and say hi come have a bang with us.
@Doc_Savage Nice of you to drop in earlier, see if you can get back in a day or so.
@ANTMAN Nice to speak to you tonight fella.

We achieved nothing tonight at all. The patch to 0.2.45.214 has brought all sorts of problems for many of us. Map load 100%>Crash or freeze, for myself, Antman, and RileyGod. I believe there are forum posts to the same effect. I hope this gets sorted soon and we'll try again.

Still had a great chat between us though, top bunch of guys ;)

Having the same problem, but I've noticed when i load up from my laptop after i get the freeze on my desktop. Its doesn't give you the option to reconnect. It seems to put it back to before you tried to connect. I'm about to try it again to see if it is consistent. Just got home from work to troubleshoot, sad face...

Edited by Snuro
  • Upvote 1

On 12/07/2017 at 4:46 PM, AODqw97 said:

Ideally, (nothing is mandatory) this would include your name (first name or name you like to be known as) Discord tag, location (country is fine, state would be would be nice) your age and time zone

I'm in... 47 and living in NZ. Will PM you.

7 minutes ago, RandomNumber said:

I'm in... 47 and living in NZ. Will PM you.

Nice one fella, PM sent back to you.
Getting a real good crop of top guys together, this is really taking off well.

Edited by AODqw97

Count me in! I'm 47 (soon). In Sweden, so central European time. I've been gaming since the 80's, but haven't had much time since the kids came. Just came back to gaming a couple of years ago. Love this game but it's hard on your own. Would love to group up... 

5 minutes ago, MakeMyDay said:

Count me in! I'm 47 (soon). In Sweden, so central European time. I've been gaming since the 80's, but haven't had much time since the kids came. Just came back to gaming a couple of years ago. Love this game but it's hard on your own. Would love to group up... 

That's great, let me have some details would you please and I'll get you added to Discord.