Uneatentaco

Magazine/ bullet loading

Uneatentaco

I was loading magazines at work the other day and I wondered if EfT was going to have it incorperated, or was it just going to be drag and drop. If it was then they could incorporate speed loaders and other various magazine loading. Plus with bolt action weapons could we load one round directly into the chamber just that visual effect :D

TheKoolistOfAids
On 4/3/2016 at 5:36 PM, Uneatentaco said:

I was loading magazines at work the other day and I wondered if EfT was going to have it incorper8d, or was it just going to be drag and drop. If it was then they could incorpor8 speed loaders and other various magazine loading. Plus with bolt action weapons could we load one round directly into the chamber just that visual effect :D

In the dev diary it's drag and drop but still has the animation

Nyctea
On 02.04.2016 at 1:36 AM, Uneatentaco said:

Plus with bolt action weapons could we load one round directly into the chamber just that visual effect :D

Not only visual, that will actually work.

As for the automatic weapons - though realism is important, manual loading of the mags is rather time-consuming and boring, besides, we are most likely to reload in the relatively safe situations anyway. I can hardly imagine using even a speed-loader in the midst of a fire-fight. Thus, so far we are planning properly animated drag-and-drop, anything else - "maybe later".

Dragonslayer6160
40 minutes ago, Claus said:

Thus, so far we are planning properly animated drag-and-drop, anything else - "maybe later".

That's good enough for now. xD

Bravo6Delta
3 hours ago, Claus said:

As for the automatic weapons - though realism is important, manual loading of the mags is rather time-consuming and boring, besides, we are most likely to reload in the relatively safe situations anyway. I can hardly imagine using even a speed-loader in the midst of a fire-fight. Thus, so far we are planning properly animated drag-and-drop, anything else - "maybe later".

I've seen weapons be taken apart in fire fights and speed loaders are used very often, however that would suck balls in a vidya game. 

-Yukon-
On 4/3/2016 at 5:36 PM, Uneatentaco said:

I would love this, I think it would increase time spent with the character, kind of like building the surreal feeling of actually being that operator loading that magazine, realism, immersion, and I think a big point that brings out the survival and realism aspects in this game are the small details like this. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Misery nailed this. Also, on a more gameplay related view, it would make people second guess spraying and praying.

Edited by -Yukon-

trotskygrad
On 4/19/2016 at 2:55 PM, Claus said:

I think you can have drag and drop being slow, and have benchloaders or similar devices be at safehouses at which players can quickly top off their mags with loose ammo. I think manually loading rounds as an animation would be slow and a waste of time, but the drag and drop should be sufficiently slow such that players would want to head out with full mags and not fill them up in combat. You could also make mag loading assistive devices be inventory items improve the speed of filling up magazines in the field

benchloader:

RBL-UP-1000x1000.jpg

Edited by trotskygrad

DerpingWork
2 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

I think you can have drag and drop being slow, and have benchloaders or similar devices be at safehouses at which players can quickly top off their mags with loose ammo. I think manually loading rounds as an animation would be slow and a waste of time, but the drag and drop should be sufficiently slow such that players would want to head out with full mags and not fill them up in combat. You could also make mag loading assistive devices be inventory items improve the speed of filling up magazines in the field

benchloader:

RBL-UP-1000x1000.jpg

That most unpracical thing i've ever seen. Not talking about tactical grip on tokarev or about horse magazine on makarov lol

trotskygrad
12 hours ago, DerpingWork said:

That most unpracical thing i've ever seen. Not talking about tactical grip on tokarev or about horse magazine on makarov lol

how is it impractical? you don't carry it with you, it's used in armory or qualification range where you have to load 100s of magazines a day. Try doing that by hand and then tell me what your thumbs are like...

I'm saying such devices should be present in safehouse/base/traders, not out in the field

• Upvote 1

DerpingWork
11 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

how is it impractical? you don't carry it with you, it's used in armory or qualification range where you have to load 100s of magazines a day. Try doing that by hand and then tell me what your thumbs are like...

I'm saying such devices should be present in safehouse/base/traders, not out in the field

Well i got it wrong, because i thought you want to carry this thing into battlefield with you :D would look like antena with that think sticking out of your backpack.

• Upvote 1

Akaz_von_krieg

Personally this idea is awesome in theory, but having too much realism is also a thing that is too be avoided.

Blackcolt

I love the idea of a quick loader, but think it should be something that comes with magasin reload skill.

Panzerd1er

AK 74 stripper clips would be neat to see. I know they already have the ammo boxes, but IRL, there exist different forms of ammo boxes. Some are loaded with stripper clips, others are loose rounds. I think seeing that kind of variety when picking up ammo and seeing the mags being loaded with that specific ammo would be neat.