A lot of questions

laurynelis

laurynelis

Hello everyone. Being a tester by profession and liking the game a lot I cummulated a lot of questions that I can't find answers to. I though of asking them here.
I know it's a lot to ask, but I'm a curious guy :) 

1. Do you lose the items stored in the container if the container is in the bag and not in its designated place?
2. Can you open the locked door if the key is in the gamma container? If yes, do you lose the key if you get shot in the middle of unlocking animation? (when technically the key is in your hand)
3. What are these Blue and Green plus signs on some of the items, and why different color? CrLqbbvPTQ_GaqvK2gfCxA.jpeg
4. Is there a limit of how many times a bag inside the bag inside bag can go?
5. Is there a function to trade items between friends offline? If not, how do you guys do it?
6. Player limit. Factory has 2-8, so if 5 player team joins, only 3 other enemy players can exist?
7. Is player limit in factory count for all factions (8players total), or up to 8 per faction (16players total)?
8. If a map reaches its' player limit and one player dies, can server add new player to keep the player count max?
9. I played factory, killed 7 guys, the map became quiet for some time but then scavs started spawning. Is it possible to kill everyone, or scav number is limitless?

Hi! I'm a tester by profession too! These are some good questions. I've only had the game a week so I'm afraid I can only help you with two of them.

3. The plus icon means it's an attachment. Blue means optional, green means critical. That looks like an ak grip. If you take that off you can no longer use the weapon.

5. Not yet. They're planning an in game auction and trading system between players I believe. The tabs are currently greyed out in the trading menu. Best you can do at the moment is discard an item In game and have your friend pick it up.

Edited by Streblo88
  • Upvote 1

Apologies, I gave you some bad information. A critical attachment displays a small orange dot in the corner of the item. I'm not sure about the colour of the plus icon now I think about it!

Woodsen_Moosen

Unfortunately I cannot answer the remaining questions, but I can answer some.

2. Yes, you can open a door with a key in your secured container, be it the Alpha or Gamma container. It is common practice to retain keys in these containers to prevent losing them, considering the rarity of some(i.e. Factory Key). You don't not lose the key if you die mid-animation for unlocking because this is strictly an animation and the key isn't actually moved from the secured container since there isn't a "hand" slot for it to be moved to.

5. While this has been answered, there is currently a thread dedicated to trading/buying/selling located here. It is still fairly new, so please help us get it going. It can be a useful tool for everyone to utilize until the auction house is available.

8. From what I have experienced, as well as read, new players can join if a slot becomes available up to 30 minutes into a raid.

9. While after a certain point, no new players can join the raid, there are set times during the raid clock that trigger Scav AI to spawn again. This is to eliminate players from freeing the map of enemies and utilizing remaining raid time to...well, raid freely. It helps keep you on your toes and checking your watch.

While I am confident about my answers, please understand they may not be entirely correct. If anyone has further information on my answers, please say so! I hope I have helped, @laurynelis.

• Upvote 1

4. To chime in, i've taken this pretty far. It's how i store scav backpacks i have loads inside of loads and so on and i just take one out whenever i want to run with one. I don't think there is a limit honestly and if there is i've had a lot stacked up and could keep going.

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Streblo88 said:

Apologies, I gave you some bad information. A critical attachment displays a small orange dot in the corner of the item. I'm not sure about the colour of the plus icon now I think about it!

It's interesting that you mention this because your initial point actually made a lot of sense and corresponded well with what I have witnessed myself. Anything green has been fundamental to having a functioning weapon as far as I've seen. I can't be sure regarding blue.

• Upvote 1
5point5sixGUY

1. You will lose the container and the items in it if you die and the container isn't in the pouch area.

2. First part yes, second part no

4. I've heard people mention that after you go 10 deep items sometimes get lost.

5. no, you currently have to group up and manually drop items so your friends can pick them up, which can be risky.

6. PMC's, yes

7. total

8. Only a certain number of PMC's are allowed in a raid. Once a PMC is killed no more can take their place to keep the PMC player count up. Player scav's can continue to enter the match as long as there is at least one PMC in the raid.

• Upvote 1

I can't seem to make a new thread but i have a question about pre-ordering. If i buy the base game 45 Dollar standard edition. Am i able to upgrade to the higher tier later only paying the price difference not the full 140 for the edge of darkness edition?

laurynelis
3 minutes ago, chamara said:

I can't seem to make a new thread but i have a question about pre-ordering. If i buy the base game 45 Dollar standard edition. Am i able to upgrade to the higher tier later only paying the price difference not the full 140 for the edge of darkness edition?

Yes you will. One thing - EOD edition will become unavailable after closed beta (or open beta, not sure)

laurynelis
1 minute ago, sYs said:

Since nobody answered 3

Colors mean rarity of the item.  Purple is = super rare

green < blue < purple i guess then

5 hours ago, energyhou said:

It's interesting that you mention this because your initial point actually made a lot of sense and corresponded well with what I have witnessed myself. Anything green has been fundamental to having a functioning weapon as far as I've seen. I can't be sure regarding blue.

After I thought about it for a little while I remembered the orange dot on every ak forgrip I've picked up. What these guys have said about the rarity of the items is definitely correct. What you say about fundamental parts being green makes sense in a way too. You would expect fundamental parts to be fairly common. Things like optics and lasers aren't necessary to a functional weapon so would be less common I suppose.

• Upvote 1