Omega32_1

Separate Offline Inventory and Character Progression

Omega32_1

I know I'm not the first guy to suggest this and chances are a few minutes after I post this it'll flooded with the typical "git gud" diatribe, but for players that prefer solo play for the enjoyment and for player in regions where there are no dedicated servers resulting in a ping so high you need to be able to see into the future to avoid certain death, perhaps finding a way to introduce a separate offline PMC character with an inventory and skill progression that is only available offline with items and loot taken from offline raids only being available to the offline character?

I know this would be a difficult task as it would require a separate system of shopkeepers who only deal in offline loot and would take up more space due to more character stats needing to be retained, but it would make the game a lot more enjoyable for people who don't want to spend weeks grinding to half a million roubles worth of gear to be lost to some guy camping in a bush behind a crate to shoot you in the back of the head when your inventory is open and for people who, like myself, frequently find ourselves emptying half an AK mag into a scav, running away because it didn't do anything and then getting killed from halfway across the map when the lag finally catches up.

• Upvote 1

BooseOG

I too would like to see this happen, but before its put in place, I would like to see the lag issues fixed and some more world wide servers. 

When this happens, people like the post above can go and play offline and miss out on the amazing PVP this game offers. Also cutting down on posts by people that can;t seem to hack it.

inb4

e3edfb2d32b7e12de6b0f799324f1d4cbebc86947633f4eaaa1f7077749755a4_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

TNTkillPRO

I agree with you. First, an inventory with equipment, weapons, ammunition, goods, money. Secondly, just levels for the offline mode. Thirdly, a buyer / seller for the offline. Fourthly, a private mode to play squad with friends against AIs with offline inventory.

The offline inventory will not be compatible with online inventory such as levels and stuff

Kolt_Raynor

100% agree. 

Sometimes I just want to play around with some friends and enjoy the experience without the stress of the game. 

Being able to set up local games would be huge. 

It has nothing to do with "gitting gud", but more to do with the fact that sometimes I just want to junk around.

Dalia

Agree too, solo quests will be great and more hard survival game with nice IA, not just a pan pan shooter

N0PEY0UDIE

Pretty sure offline will not exist on the released game. 

This will make all noobs not want to go on PVP servers, massively limiting the amount of PVP and loot. 

Offline is only needed for testing reasons right now. Once the game is released, you can test weapons in your hideout and buy maps and mark your own locations etc. 

Heethan

reviving this old topic because I too would like to see an offline mode that allows people to play the game similar to the online version but none of the items would transfer from offline to online.  I think there are more people than most think that would prefer to have an offline game mode.  

I have realized after a number of months playing this game, I do not possess the skills of others online.  I love the mechanics of this game, but I just don't enjoy the PvP.

opiat3

If you used the search function you would see that this "idea" was already suggested over a dozen times since the very first days of alpha ( back then there was offline looting and everyone was playing offline only to fill up the stash and no one would go on online raids ). They  changed that pretty quick as soon as they realized ppl were abusing it ( who would of guessed there would be ppl abusing it ) and besides that they stated back then and some other times that there will be no offline mode in Tarkov when the game gets released...so i don´t see them wasting development time on a supposed feature that wont exist on launch.

They could change their minds though, anything is possible, but i would not be hoping too much for it.

Living-Instinkt

Just adding another comment wanting offline or even a private mode that we can play with a couple of selected mates, either PvE or PvP. I unfortunately can't see it happening, at least not from the EFT developers at least.

xXxHiTTeRxXx

What we really need its just some kind of training facility to really be able to set up a PMC company and train new members.

Something like this :P 

Just dont give the people the real maps, because if you do, they will put names to places on buildings and all maps in a counterstrike style.

OneTrueLizardo
4 minutes ago, xXxHiTTeRxXx said:

Just dont give the people the real maps, because if you do, they will put names to places on buildings and all maps in a counterstrike style.

I don't really get this. There already are callouts for places on maps, because that is how you stay alive as a team. Why SHOULDN'T people assign calls to different areas on the map if they are planning on playing as a team? I'd rather just say "breach room" and my friend knowing immediately where the threat is instead of describing "the red metal door the is facing the small building next to the ramp, in the dark corner" and dying midsentence. 

xXxHiTTeRxXx
57 minutes ago, OneTrueLizardo said:

I don't really get this. There already are callouts for places on maps, because that is how you stay alive as a team. Why SHOULDN'T people assign calls to different areas on the map if they are planning on playing as a team? I'd rather just say "breach room" and my friend knowing immediately where the threat is instead of describing "the red metal door the is facing the small building next to the ramp, in the dark corner" and dying midsentence. 

You can do it the way you want offcourse, but if i join your squad today as a new member you must walk with me like 3 or 4 days saying me all the callouts you and your friends have, this will be a long task, and depends on my memory now to remember breach room and other 50 places, anyways we can not name every corner on map and every bush, maybe if we only play factory for a month its a good way, but we as a team will be very limited on where we can go and come back everybody alive. So i think its better to work or spend this time in learning me how to properly report a contact inside a squad than make me remember 50 callouts for a small map like factory.

If planning playing as a squad i will start by using formations, practice reactions to contacts, give a number to every player and assign by this numer the normal place that this soldier must be looking, maybe this sounds crazy for you, but its not, its how a unit must work, there are a lot of manuals over the internet to learn how to play properly inside a big team, even 50 or more, in english languaje i know a good one from a americans but if you have another languaje you can search for the milsim unit from ARMA series in your country and read their manuals, extract what will be usefull for you here in tarkov and practice it, i will say will be less time and you will be able to play on every map, even in a new game, all the time expended will be usefull for you as a team member forever.

But offcourse i force nobody to do that, i prefer to not make it easy for people to fail and expend time wrong, (by my point of view offcourse). In the last milsim unit i was, people was ready for combat in 8 hours of instruction, they dont get lost, they dont ask if its you this enemy right there, they can report a contact in every map even new ones never seen before, they automatically know wich sector they must cover while advancing to the next rally point only by the number given to them in the formation by the sargent, same when we must stop to take care of something, they automatically know how to properly react to a contact and wich ones must go on the ordered flanking maneuver etc.. I suffer looking people playing this realistic sims the way we played counterstrike 20 years ago and then get really frustrated and leaving the game apart in rage saying is a poo game.

Just give a try and a oportunity to the milsim way, i let you a really complete manual from a good unit but its long and english

https://ttp3.dslyecxi.com/2_basic_infantry.php

Look for the comunications part in the manual, this is why people shouldnt use the old counterstrike way. Cause this way you never learn to properly act inside a squad

OneTrueLizardo
3 hours ago, xXxHiTTeRxXx said:

You can do it the way you want offcourse, but if i join your squad today as a new member you must walk with me like 3 or 4 days saying me all the callouts you and your friends have, this will be a long task, and depends on my memory now to remember breach room and other 50 places, anyways we can not name every corner on map and every bush, maybe if we only play factory for a month its a good way, but we as a team will be very limited on where we can go and come back everybody alive. So i think its better to work or spend this time in learning me how to properly report a contact inside a squad than make me remember 50 callouts for a small map like factory.

If planning playing as a squad i will start by using formations, practice reactions to contacts, give a number to every player and assign by this numer the normal place that this soldier must be looking, maybe this sounds crazy for you, but its not, its how a unit must work, there are a lot of manuals over the internet to learn how to play properly inside a big team, even 50 or more, in english languaje i know a good one from a americans but if you have another languaje you can search for the milsim unit from ARMA series in your country and read their manuals, extract what will be usefull for you here in tarkov and practice it, i will say will be less time and you will be able to play on every map, even in a new game, all the time expended will be usefull for you as a team member forever.

But offcourse i force nobody to do that, i prefer to not make it easy for people to fail and expend time wrong, (by my point of view offcourse). In the last milsim unit i was, people was ready for combat in 8 hours of instruction, they dont get lost, they dont ask if its you this enemy right there, they can report a contact in every map even new ones never seen before, they automatically know wich sector they must cover while advancing to the next rally point only by the number given to them in the formation by the sargent, same when we must stop to take care of something, they automatically know how to properly react to a contact and wich ones must go on the ordered flanking maneuver etc.. I suffer looking people playing this realistic sims the way we played counterstrike 20 years ago and then get really frustrated and leaving the game apart in rage saying is a poo game.

Just give a try and a oportunity to the milsim way, i let you a really complete manual from a good unit but its long and english

https://ttp3.dslyecxi.com/2_basic_infantry.php

Look for the comunications part in the manual, this is why people shouldnt use the old counterstrike way. Cause this way you never learn to properly act inside a squad

Dude, I'm a staff sergeant, I "kno da wey" :D

It's just that in small maps like factory, learning callouts is so much more efficient. It's a game and there is a limited amount of spots to learn unlike in real life where nothing is set in stone. Large maps are a bit different just because of the size. Also I wont "teach" our callouts to other, we just use them with friends since we know them and it's an established way of communication between us. 

The two main points of all communication is brevity and clarity. When you play with a tight knit group there is bound to pop up phrased and calls that might be stupid to try and teach others to know but they evolved to be naturally nonetheless. I would not stop using a specific established callout between my friend if it's the most efficient way. With strangers I give info also the most efficient way. 

Edited by OneTrueLizardo
  • Like 1

Timothy22

I agree with you. I wanted to suggest this idea too.