Sign in to follow this  
jglitch

Quick Release

jglitch

Will their be quick release or drop for gear, id like the option to pull a cord and my vest peels off or to throw my backpack/gun somewhere safe while i go and clear rooms, thought it be nice if this game were trying to go for the realism thing.

Nyctea

There is a consideration of balance between realism and playability. You can drop almost everything you have quickly enough from inventory system; no immediate need to assign a separate option for it.

While we do aim for realism, if we opted to control every little thing separately, the complexity of controls over a gameplay session would put Liszt to shame.

• Upvote 1

jglitch
1 minute ago, Claus said:

There is a consideration of balance between realism and playability. You can drop almost everything you have quickly enough from inventory system; no immediate need to assign a separate option for it.

While we do aim for realism, if we opted to control every little thing separately, the complexity of controls over a gameplay session would put Liszt to shame.

Although i hate the game i liked how in dayz you could go take your backpack off and the items would be in them still wherever you put them, and i thought since you guys have a complex weight to stamina system it be nice to have quick release systems on your vests so you could just press P or something and your vest and stuff attached to it hits the dirt allowing you to run faster and get out of dodge.

Nyctea

I know, a valid point indeed. The question is whether the feature will be considered important enough to deserve its own control button. There is no such option right now; if, over the course of testing, we feel it's important enough, it might get done. My first post was a sort of reminder that even the most realistic game stays a game.

jglitch
1 minute ago, Claus said:

I know, a valid point indeed. The question is whether the feature will be considered important enough to deserve its own control button. There is no such option right now; if, over the course of testing, we feel it's important enough, it might get done. My first post was a sort of reminder that even the most realistic game stays a game.

Quite shocked at how detailed the stances and sprinting were, the thing about a lot of survival games that claim to be detailed or realistic are is they usually dont live up to that and i see that as being a problem with a lot of games now adays or they stay incomplete.  Dayz, H1Z1, Arma all seem to have left a lot of things untouched and i like seeing a game like this because it looks like youre picking up where they left off just food for thought.