Directional sound, and other effects.

Hello,

I would like to start with saying that I love the sound design in this game. Being a sound designer myself I know the amount of, time, money, production, and work that went into recording and producing the games foley. Let alone the programing for when sounds get triggered. Its an extremely complex design and it sounds great! I do however have a couple complaints; direction, and distance of the gunshot sfx. I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this but sometimes when I hear a gunshot it sounds like its coming from in front of me but its actually rear left. Or for example, on woods, when someone fires from the sawmill and I'm at the cave it sounds like its less than 100 meters from me. Its probably that I have not adjusted to all the sound effects, and their different variants when fired from a distance. But it confuses the hell out of me sometimes. I have also noticed that when I sprint around the footstep sound effects coming from my player sound shorter or even non-existent at times.

Edited by C0rRuPT
FenrirInu

Yeah its a known issue, sometimes its not that deceiving but sometimes distant (couple hundred meter) gunshots sounds 30 meter close and its kinda off putting.

I really like the sound design, the grenade exploding in the trailer on the factory map at the offices was really a big impact.

I appreciate good sound work, even tho it might be the most underrated job when it comes to game developing.

Hopefully they will also work on doors and such. Hard to tell in a factory for example, if it was a 2nd floor or 3rd-floor door opening.