Planned Changes From Beta to Release

JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar

Hello, I'm new here. I just pre-ordered the game and I am currently downloading the beta. I have a rather simple question I haven't found an answer to here on the forums or in the FAQ. What are some of the changes and additions planned between now (beta) and the release version of the game? As a newbie, it would be nice to know where exactly the game is heading and what the future may hold.

Thank you for your time.

COLanski

Hi there,

we don't know exactly what is coming too, but there are several features planned to improve teamplay and realism.

Like wounding, skills, teamkill-penatlies (called karma system and is heavy discussed) armor customization and a lot of more guns and other content. A "playerhouse" called the hideout and some more.

Maps are still in works, a storymode and free roam + arena mode are told to come.

Stick around to gather more info and welcome to tarkov mate. ;)

necuja
15 hours ago, JuggernautOfWar said:

Hello, I'm new here. I just pre-ordered the game and I am currently downloading the beta. I have a rather simple question I haven't found an answer to here on the forums or in the FAQ. What are some of the changes and additions planned between now (beta) and the release version of the game? As a newbie, it would be nice to know where exactly the game is heading and what the future may hold.

Thank you for your time.

we will see as some said the hideout, karma system, damage carryover that will require actual healing post raid instead of instantly jumping back in, more maps unlocked, ammo counter removed from weapon when opening inventory in raid, more skills open, auction house and flea market, many loot table adjustments should be expected, a clans system, voip, more guns and other items, etc.. theres things im probly missing but this is a general idea of things we should expect between now and release

• Upvote 1
JuggernautOfWar

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated! Since playing for a little bit now I've got a few more questions.

1. Where can I find a map? I'm basically aimlessly wandering through the levels and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to "escape" to exactly. A map would surely help in this regard.
  2. Is there any kind of a rough ETA for launch? I'm assuming the answer is "when it's done", but is there at least a six month release window or something?
  3. Is the game ever going to be on Steam, and if so, will existing owners be able to transfer their keys to their Steam account?
  4. What exactly is the role of playing as a Scav? Are the goals different from playing as your main character?

Thanks a bunch fellow mercs.

necuja
8 hours ago, JuggernautOfWar said:

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated! Since playing for a little bit now I've got a few more questions.

1. Where can I find a map? I'm basically aimlessly wandering through the levels and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to "escape" to exactly. A map would surely help in this regard.
  2. Is there any kind of a rough ETA for launch? I'm assuming the answer is "when it's done", but is there at least a six month release window or something?
  3. Is the game ever going to be on Steam, and if so, will existing owners be able to transfer their keys to their Steam account?
  4. What exactly is the role of playing as a Scav? Are the goals different from playing as your main character?

Thanks a bunch fellow mercs.

Or escapefromtarkovmaps.com

No eta on release as of yet, speculation end of year. We Will have to wait and see

After release it will. Still up for discussion on the transfer part.

Scavs role is to be a separate risk free way to gain loot at this time. Later they will have different extraction points and possibly missions to succeed at