Sign in to follow this  
Duckanator746

This game is Client side

Duckanator746

The desync isn't the only problem with this game. The fact that this game is client side and not server sided is a huge problem with this game, I hope they are keeping it client side just for beta purposes because client side would be a huge problem for a game like this. 

LikyLawlliet

What u mean by being client side?

I really tought it was server side because of the delay to load each raid (4-5 min in bigger maps)

Edit:

Got it, people are saying there are lots of hackers right?

Edited by Oberoy
  • Upvote 1

Duckanator746

Once I died to an invisible person with a knife. I can only imagine the desync was so bad also dew to Client side problems that even though he wasn't on my screen. The fact that I was on his screen I was subject to the bull crap. With it being client side it doesn't matter where you are in the map because you could be on someones screen when you shouldn't be and die to that. Also people can abuse and manipulate client side.

BooseOG

really?

Klaus_Quarter

I don't know anything about the netcode of EFT but indeed if many informations on the game are client sided, it can be a open window for hackers.

It was the case for many AAA competitive games like recently The Division from Ubisoft.

Terminator01
On 19/8/2017 at 7:15 PM, Duckanator746 said:

The desync isn't the only problem with this game. The fact that this game is client side and not server sided is a huge problem with this game, I hope they are keeping it client side just for beta purposes because client side would be a huge problem for a game like this. 

We need more servers, improved netcode and lots of optimization. But maninly more servers.

Izrid

Some functional anti-hack/cheat implementation would be fantastic as well

sorenTheOrn

when i've been doing some research, reading on the cheat-providing websites and forums, i realized how much of EFT is client side. 

if it's going to stay like that, EFT is just going to end up as a pile of hackjunk since client side with no server authentication is just an open door for them. this would make me very sad, cause i really love this game.

Mr_Sheep

Locked.

This is an old post. We do have a working anti cheat, if you search you will find a thread with a list of players that were banned over two days.