Any help?

BritishActual

BritishActual

So before I start, I'm just going to mention I'm practically brand new to the game. I'm aware of the absolute basic concepts, not really much more.

I've not really had much luck with this game as of late. I bought the game last Thursday, logging somewhere under 12 hours. I've watched as many videos possible before I started playing, and I've read through the forums quite a bit. I've done everything from semi-geared runs to bare-bones hatchet runs. So far, I've managed to get an extra 50,000 rubles on top of the 200,000 starting funds you begin with. My issue is that the past few games, I've been spawn camped 7 times out of 10, and the three times I'm not spawn killed, I've ended up having the AI one-tap me at close range, I've been killed by players just outside of my spawn point; and on the rare occasion I DO manage to leave spawn and get loot, I either escape with up to, and no more than 10k in loot.

I never seem to be able to get any worthwhile loot from players or AI, as most of the players are doing hatchet runs, and scavs always seem to have nothing on them but a hatchet, maybe the occasional Makarov. The best loot I've had was an AK-74, which I've managed to mod, get mags for; along with basic body armour. I got all of this in a single run, and since then I've seemingly gone downhill in terms of success rate.

Where am I going wrong here?

On an additional note, what does levelling the traders up do, exactly? Does it allow you to sell the items you loot for more or get better items?

Regardless, thanks for the help.

5point5sixGUY

I've been getting spawn camped a lot recently too... Leveling up the traders gives you access to more stuff to buy and trade for than what you currently see in a particular traders inventory. Fence can't be leveled.

BritishActual
Just now, 5point5sixGUY said:

I've been getting spawn camped a lot recently too... Leveling up the traders gives you access to more stuff to buy and trade for than what you currently see in a particular traders inventory. Fence can't be leveled.

That's pretty neat, although the whole spawn camping thing is really making me quite reluctant to do anything other than hatchet runs at the moment. Appreciate the trader info.

В 20.08.2017 в 02:21, BritishActual сказал:

Where am I going wrong here?

Unite with other players. Communicate with Discord, Teamspeak, Skype in raids. Joint actions increase the chance of survival and getting more expensive loot. Also you can learn from more experienced players. Then you will develop skills and it will be easier to act both in a team and alone.

Perhaps I have repeated the well-known things to everyone, but they are working and, I think, they are the basis of survival in Tarkov.

Good luck and sorry for my English.

necuja

Topics of this same theme have been made many times. Please try to search for things on forum before making a thread. 

The best way to get advice is find a group in the clans section and get some one on one with someone that can take you into the game. It's one thing for someone to type a bunch of random things and say "do this" but its so much greater to have someone take you in a raid and explain what your doing wrong and show you how to improve.