SaturnsVoid

Please don't "dumb down" the game for USA players

SaturnsVoid

I have seen a few games that come from Russian origins modified from there original difficulty for USA players, I hope there is no plan on this.

I understand that the RU gamer's have a tend to like more "hardcore" games, i feel the same, i hate when developers change there game to make it more 'friendly' to the casual players who play games like CoD. 

Anyone else feel this way?

• Upvote 2

GabrielLoza

While I understand why localization happens, I don't like it at all. I wholeheartedly agree with you +1.

Elitepwnsface

Out of curiosity what games have done this?

TheSnikers

The only thing that makes game easier for US players is translation. All other aspects of the game are same in all versions.

StanleyTheDuck2

Are you saying that EFT shouldn't be modified for other countries ?
I never heard about a game that changed its gameplay to satisfy just one kind of public.

ODD

Yea and unlike the Russians, Westerners are very impatient and have a million things to distract us. So if it don't get released soon, bye bye babeh. 

Bismarck_

I once read that the Japanese do not like very difficult games. That's not true, as Dark Souls is quite successful there.
This varies from people to people , there are hardcore gamers everywhere, just as there are casual everywhere too.

Cryptic Gamer
1 hour ago, ODD said:

Yea and unlike the Russians, Westerners are very impatient and have a million things to distract us. So if it don't get released soon, bye bye babeh. 

Really??

I'm Scottish which makes me Western and as far a game development goes I'm a pretty patient guy so don't try and generalise people to suit your own selfishness and impatience. This is the second inflammatory post I've seen from you in as many minutes and think you need to walk away from topics that give you the urge to stir the excrement.

• Upvote 2

Azpen
5 hours ago, ODD said:

I'm assuming you are basing your generalization on the vocal people, who generally tend to be in the minority. Did you have a poll asking if people are impatient or not? What are you basing your generalization on? 

Everyone has distractions. Work. Family. Hobbies.

Also I'm a westerner and I'm patiently waiting for this game as well as almost everyone else. 

4 hours ago, Cryptic Gamer said:

Really??

I'm Scottish which makes me Western and as far a game development goes I'm a pretty patient guy so don't try and generalise people to suit your own selfishness and impatience. This is the second inflammatory post I've seen from you in as many minutes and think you need to walk away from topics that give you the urge to stir the excrement.

Trolls will be trolls. 

Edited by Azpen

Scruffy
6 hours ago, ODD said:

This game will take time to develop and its development will not be influenced by pressure from our fans. However your suggestions are valued to us and that's why we have suggestions section in this forum. 

We would be very sad to see you go but if that is your decision there is nothing we can do about it but hope you will give us a chance when this game hits the market.

Kind regards,

Scruffy

Kage_Shimura
6 hours ago, ODD said:

Reading your post, you can leave.  They will release game when it's ready. 

TovarishTony

All this crying for nerfs because a weapon or skill is too OP for them should be stopped as this is the cancer of other games like COD, BF, World of Tanks and even GTA as they actually destroy the balance instead of whats actually intended to. Atleast the devs are not going too far with the item system as answered on an email interview(forgot which source) that the items after you die will be stored at a stash. Just don't follow the mistakes of World of Tanks, Warthunder and the AAA games such as microtransactions(ex. paying real money just for camo on vehicles like World of Tanks and Armored Warfare) and half assed paid DLCs(e.g. $15 for 4 maps in COD, $60 premium in BF for content that you don't know on day one, season passes like Star Wars Battlefront, etc) Lets see the Russian revolution for the gaming industry

Europoor
9 hours ago, ODD said:

Have you even read some of the Russian community comments?

Stardust
1 час назад, Europoor сказал:

Have you even read some of the Russian community comments?

Good question BTW! :D

ODD

I was expecting pages of responses responding to my statement. I only got 1 or 2. Does that prove my theory about Westerners?

Armalog

I'm sorry I meant to say the title was impolite as it suggests games are dumbed down for Americans, inferring they are stupid or less abled. I really don't think this is true or actually happens.

TarkovEscaper
15 часов назад, SaturnsVoid сказал:

I have seen a few games that come from Russian origins modified from there original difficulty for USA players, I hope there is no plan on this.

I understand that the RU gamer's have a tend to like more "hardcore" games, i feel the same, i hate when developers change there game to make it more 'friendly' to the casual players who play games like CoD. 

Anyone else feel this way?

Why would we change the way of the game? We doesn't have any publishers above us to change our ways about the game

• Upvote 1

Protector
9 hours ago, Scruffy said:

This game will take time to develop and its development will not be influenced by pressure from our fans. However your suggestions are valued to us and that's why we have suggestions section in this forum. 

We would be very sad to see you go but if that is your decision there is nothing we can do about it but hope you will give us a chance when this game hits the market.

Kind regards,

Scruffy

Its safe to say that this guy is going no where... idle threats because he's bored!