ComradeBurris

9x39mm

ComradeBurris

There are 3 more recent variants of this caliber! if you guys could implement them it would be awesome!

PAB-9 (7N12) - The SP-6's bullet is expensive, so an attempt was made to make a lower-cost version of the cartridge. The PAB-9 (ПАБ-9) used a stamped rather than machined steel core. It sacrificed too much performance to be usable. As of 2011, its usage is prohibited.[3]

SPP - The SPP (СПП) (SPP: Snaiperskie Povishennaya Probivaemost; "Sniper - Increased Penetration") is a sniper round with an increased penetration.

BP - The BP (БП) (BP: Broneboin'ie Pulya; "Armor-Piercing Bullet") is an armor-piercing round.

i-2109.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Maciroski

9x39mm is very rare and expensive its a special cartridge! For special forces use only hence the name SP= (spetsnajili patron) special caliber primary uses are subsonic and penetration they make literally no sound whatsoever made famous by AS Val and VSS Vintorez Also 9A-91, VSK-94, OTs 14 Groza 4.

PhineasWhipsnde

I have yet to see any 9x39 ammo of any type, but that might be because I'm only at level 14?

I'm looking to buy some as well; I keep checking Fence's inventory, but to no avail. I don't really even know what the ammo looks like or how it differs from the 9x19 or 9x18 rounds...

ComradeBurris
4 hours ago, PhineasWhipsnde said:

I have yet to see any 9x39 ammo of any type, but that might be because I'm only at level 14?

I'm looking to buy some as well; I keep checking Fence's inventory, but to no avail. I don't really even know what the ammo looks like or how it differs from the 9x19 or 9x18 rounds...

After level 29 for Prapor

Forien
4 hours ago, PhineasWhipsnde said:

I don't really even know what the ammo looks like or how it differs from the 9x19 or 9x18 rounds...

It's the same caliber as pistol ammo (9mm), but it's not 9x18mm (Makarov) or 9x19mm (almost every popular pistol out there IRL), it's 9x39mm. It has a lot more gunpowder, casing is way longer (and I think thicker) and bullet itself is more pointy/long. It's sniper ammo used by VSS Vintorez for example. It's closer to 7.62x39mm than to 9x19mm IMHO.

Edited by Forien

pimba224
21 hours ago, MaejorRaskoln said:

There are 3 more recent variants of this caliber! if you guys could implement them it would be awesome!

PAB-9 (7N12) - The SP-6's bullet is expensive, so an attempt was made to make a lower-cost version of the cartridge. The PAB-9 (ПАБ-9) used a stamped rather than machined steel core. It sacrificed too much performance to be usable. As of 2011, its usage is prohibited.[3]

SPP - The SPP (СПП) (SPP: Snaiperskie Povishennaya Probivaemost; "Sniper - Increased Penetration") is a sniper round with an increased penetration.

BP - The BP (БП) (BP: Broneboin'ie Pulya; "Armor-Piercing Bullet") is an armor-piercing round.

i-2109.jpg

i would love these , especially  the SPP , because it would be very easy to pierce armor

• Upvote 1

ComradeBurris

it is based on the Russian 7.62×39 mm round, but with an expanded neck to accommodate a 9 mm bullet. The intent was to create a subsonic cartridge for suppressed firearms for special forces units that had more power, range and penetration than handgun cartridges

• Upvote 1

ComradeBurris
Just now, pimba224 said:

i would love these , especially  the SPP , because it would be very easy to pierce armor

Since its Sniper round it would only be compatible with VSS since AS Val is automatic assault rifle but the BP would be an excellent round! for both

ComradeBurris

Lets keep this thread alive boys! so the developers notice it!

pimba224
16 hours ago, MaejorRaskoln said:

Since its Sniper round it would only be compatible with VSS since AS Val is automatic assault rifle but the BP would be an excellent round! for both

but dont they share like 70% of the parts?

Maciroski
3 hours ago, pimba224 said:

but dont they share like 70% of the parts?

Yes thats correct but each serve a different purpose ones an assualt rifle the other is a sniper rifle the Spp is designed to be fired from VSS not AS so i dont think they will work they are compatiable thats it parts wise not performance wise. 

• Upvote 1

pimba224
1 hour ago, OM3R-1923 said:

Yes thats correct but each serve a different purpose ones an assualt rifle the other is a sniper rifle the Spp is designed to be fired from VSS not AS so i dont think they will work they are compatiable thats it parts wise not performance wise. 

ok

ComradeBurris

Shame we wont be getting no other variants for 9x39mm kiba confirmed it we are stuck with SP5 and SP6.

The bright-side is use SP6 not SP5 because it has higher armor penetration.

• Like 1

ComradeBurris

PAB-9, BP, SPP, SP6, SP5.

I dont see why we cant have the other 3 variants? 

s-2446.jpg

ammo.jpg

ep5057_boepripasy.jpg

P1030179.jpg

ComradeBurris

SP5: 

The cartridge case is a cartridge case from a 7.62x39mm cartridge, with a barrel re-integrated under a 9-mm bullet. The cartridge SP-5 is sniper round  that is made with high accuracy and has a 16-gram shell bullet with a steel core surrounded by lead placed in a bimetallic shell. The steel core, to increase the bullet penetration, is placed in its nose section. The lead core gives the bullet the necessary mass and ensures its penetration into the grooves of the barrel.The bullet shape with a length of 36 mm provides it with excellent ballistic properties when flying at a subsonic speed.

The speed of a bullet when firing from a special sniper rifle VSS Vintorez or AS Val is 280-300 M/S muzzle energy is 600–700 J

SP6:

The SP-6 cartridge is intended for shooting from AS Val and is a Assault round intended for hitting targets concealed in cars or protected by body armor. The SP-6 bullet has a mass of 16.2 grams and a steel hardened core. At the head of the bullet, the core protrudes from under the shell of the bullet that is, the half-shell bullet Due to its design, the bullet of the SP-6 cartridge has a stronger punching action than the bullet of the SP-5 cartridge.

The speed of a bullet when firing from a special sniper rifle VSS Vintorez or AS Val is 280–300 m / s. The muzzle energy is about 600–700 J, which is approximately twice the muzzle energy of the bullet of the 9-mm NATO cartridge, fired from the popular silenced submachine gun Heckler-Koch MP5SD variant 

The bullet of the SP-6 cartridge is able to pierce an 8-mm steel sheet at a distance of 100m or hit a target protected by a bullet-proof vest level 2 and 3 at 300–400 meters.

PAB-9:

The bullet of the PAB-9 cartridge, in contrast to the SP-6, does not have a rear centering girdle, the rear cone of the bullet is longer, the diameter of the core is slightly larger.The SP-6 and PAB-9 bullets also differ in the length and thickness of the lead shirt. As a result of such changes, the bullet and the PAB-9 cartridge itself have a more substantial mass, while the bullet's indicators of shooting accuracy worsen. The increase in the length of the leading part of the PAB-9 bullet could not but lead to an increase in the boost pressure and an increase in its initial velocity as compared with the cartridge SP-6. The bullet of the PAB-9 cartridge weighing 17 g develops an initial speed of over 300 m / s.

The cartridge was developed as a cheaper version of the SP-6. Bullet weight is higher and is 17 grams. After the development was widely advertised, however, the bulk purchases were limited to several batches. Currently, it is banned to use because of the higher pressure in the barrel of both VSS and VAL, which reduces the life of the weapon to about 3000 shots.

SPP (Blue tıp):

Developed in 2002 by order of the Tula cartridge plant as a replacement for the expensive and low-tech cartridge SP-5. The bullet of the SPP cartridge pierces a steel sheet 5 mm thick at a distance of 100 m. The steel sleeve is coated with a phosphate coating, the bullet head is painted blue 

The SPP bullet consists of a bimetallic shell with a truncated tip and a combined core - a bare steel core at the head of the bullet and a lead core behind it. The “SPP” bullet provides breaking through of a 5 mm thick steel sheet made of steel of grade St.3 at a distance of 100 m or “6V23” body armor at a distance of 250 m.

BP:

The cartridge, designed to replace the "armor-piercing" SP-6. The bullet of the BP cartridge pierces a steel sheet with a thickness of 7 mm at a distance of 100 m. The steel sleeve is coated with a phosphate coating, the bullet head with a protruding steel core is painted black.

• Like 1

vatt84

One way to look at it would be comparing a .22 (5.5mm) to a .223 (5.56mm). Ie. One is a tiny little cartridge with a small powder load, while the other is a large cartridge with a large powder load.   

ComradeBurris
15 hours ago, vatt84 said:

One way to look at it would be comparing a .22 (5.5mm) to a .223 (5.56mm). Ie. One is a tiny little cartridge with a small powder load, while the other is a large cartridge with a large powder load.   

I think it's more comparable to whisper or .300 black.

ComradeBurris

These rounds were made with Special purposes I think that's what draws you in to them 9x39 platform is very rare and unique and diverse platform. it can defeat 7mm steel at 100m...that's insane in real life if your enemy had this your pretty much duck...it can defeat level 2 and level 3 body armour. Just over kill for its purpose I think that's why they don't give them to a regular Joe.