Does being able to hear the enemy encourage verbal griefing?

If you can hear other players talking in-game, firstly people are going to use teamspeak instead and secondly does it encourage griefing? Like when you get shot, they say something like "git gud" or something worse? What if they teabag you? Is this part of the experience or would the devs prefer to avoid the use of 3rd party comms software and verbal griefers?

8/10 times, people just keep silent because you never know who will hear you. I would love the option to yell at someone and tell them scavs are here. Let us just move on and get out alive with the loot for example. Not everyone are griefer, it feels good to find a friend in Tarkov

• Upvote 1
Tactician

He means the VOIP for players, as opposed to the voice commands.

And sure it would, although it's not like this wouldn't happen in real life, shouting insults at the opposing combatants.

EDIT: Pervinian's thing sounds just like the awesome announcement trailer, so HUGE +1.

Edited by Tactician
Just now, Tactician said:

He means the VOIP for players, as opposed to the voice commands.

And sure it would, although it's not like this wouldn't happen in real life, shouting insults at the opposing combatants.

Also, getting someone mad during a fight can cause him to do something rash and it may work in your favour. Risky but might be worth it :) Tactics

so this game will have voice proximity? you know...like planetside 2. You hear them like if the character was actually talking, but it's you and if you are too far away then you won't hear them. Is it going to be like that or the entire server hears you?

Patfast

But voice proximity is freakin hilarious. I can't tell you how many times I've snuck up behind someone in Insurgency and screamed "OH MY GOD BEHIND YOU" and then shot them in the head.

And I don't see what you mean by "griefing" over VOIP. If you mean like a teammate screaming and giving away your position, then I guess you can just shank them. There's no forced alliances in this game, if someone's doublecrossing you feel free to get rid of them.

Edited by Patfast

I can see both sides, might add a bit of realism and allow more tactics to be required so you dont give something away while talking, but then some people will just use Teamspeak and that features useless anyway.

fourskineater

I'm more than fine with someone yelling at me in VOIP. It's hilarious. Please don't get 'triggered' by it. Its a game with people you don't know.

2 часа назад, TarkovEscaper сказал:

It is defenetly a good way to get killed and loose everything you've looted or took with you in the Raid

We need to mute those players forever(ignore list) and unmute them from that list.
I mean those who violates in-game voice communication with screams, noises and other disturbing sounds.

Edited by liveAlexios
TarkovEscaper
Только что, liveAlexios сказал:

We need to mute those players forever(ignore list) and unmute them from that list.
I mean those who violates in-game voice communication with screams, noises and other disturbing sounds.

Sure, just saying that you can freely kill the guy and he will be gone, until the end of the raid

DerpingWork
5 hours ago, TarkovEscaper said:

Sure, just saying that you can freely kill the guy and he will be gone, until the end of the raid

OH i can just see that one troll running across raid so you can't exit because you aren't at one place all together.

EVIL.

GabrielLoza
5 hours ago, DerpingWork said:

OH i can just see that one troll running across raid so you can't exit because you aren't at one place all together.

EVIL.

I think you misunderstood what @TarkovEscaper meant, unless if I'm missing some context. I'm pretty sure we can leave on an individual basis.