Jump to content

Hackers Are A Prolem


Lord_Futch

Recommended Posts

Lord_Futch

My friends and I have owned the game for the past couple of days. (3-4 roughly). 
Falling in love very fast! Game is amazing. 

But... Hackers. We're getting mowed down quite a bit as of late, mostly in the "woods" it seems. 
Granted, most don't care for your gear, we do insure it, but we don't always get it back, plus what we find. 

Do we know if there is any form of anticheat/hack coming? 
Because, whatever is currently implemented isn't doing the job. 

Had a quick read through the forums, seems to be far more frequent over the past week or so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Futcher said:

Do we know if there is any form of anticheat/hack coming? 

We already have one, though in my experience it seems to work like VAC.

Which is to say its effective but slow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
FenrirInu
4 minutes ago, Olloch said:

We already have one, though in my experience it seems to work like VAC.

Which is to say its effective but slow.

Seems like. Doing forbidden actions such as flying, spawning items will flag the account for review then banned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its holliday....never helps little scripkiddies buy stuff with moms CC cause they are bored. Cheating always comes in waves mostly around hollidays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Phogetful313

Yo man, I know it's frustrating, but believe me, their anticheat is doing its thing.  Every game is going to have hackers, you just have to deal with it for what it is.  Survival-like games like this always get targeted by cheat makers.  These things take time to detect and get rid of.  Good luck out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
FenrirInu

At least EFT is fairly priced (60 USD for Standard Edition here in EU after VAT). Cheaper games (looking at csgo on sale) have bigger problems. You can buy them bulk and have lots of playtime. Hopefully when the game gets more advanced there will be a "safe place" either locked by level or playtime to restrict hackers ruining your end game fun.

 

But from what i've seen lvl 30 hackers are more common than <10. 

Edited by FenrirInu
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys want to give examples or just say "there are hackers"? I never experienced anything what could be the work of hacking to be honest. Desync problems can often lead to that assumption (you hit enemy but hit's doesn't get registered, will not die). So please, give some examples instead of simple accusations!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
FenrirInu
4 minutes ago, marqs said:

Do you guys want to give examples or just say "there are hackers"? I never experienced anything what could be the work of hacking to be honest. Desync problems can often lead to that assumption (you hit enemy but hit's doesn't get registered, will not die). So please, give some examples instead of simple accusations!

A simple google search will do the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheaptrix

I've noticed a small spike in suspicious gameplay in the past week or two. I never call hacks but only a few times recently have I been killed in very suspicious ways. 

According to staff were not allowed to post examples of suspected cheaters. I hope they have a team thats good at catching them because anti-cheat software is not enough. Staff need to be educated on how to spot cheaters behavior & hopefully proper review tools exist internally, otherwise some cheaters will get away. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Minuten schrieb FenrirInu:

A simple google search will do the job.

Aha. I don't want to see random videos of people filming mostly desync. I want to hear from the thread owner, what his experience was. That's what a forum is there for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
FenrirInu

@Cheaptrix Obviously nothing concrete will be shared to the public, we can only guess and compare it to existing and well known anti-cheats. Stat and score based like FairFight.

 There are plenty of videos from people discussing the pro and cons for each anti-cheat.

 

Far as i know they didn't mention any software name. Might be developed in-house.

Its test and error. VAC is far fromg perfect let alone good.

Edited by FenrirInu
Link to post
Share on other sites
FuryAlot
23 minutes ago, marqs said:

Aha. I don't want to see random videos of people filming mostly desync. I want to hear from the thread owner, what his experience was. That's what a forum is there for.

Exactly, i have been called hacker atleast 1000 times on csgo, i know how quick ppl are to start acusations just because the dont know/understand how they died. I have killed countless ppl with my silenced AK , they never know where its comming from, worst scenario is when my target runs away and hides behind some cover thinking hes safe, but its quite opposite because he didnt know where i ham, his cover is from the other side and i proceed to kill him. Thats the most used reason for calling hacks, when the victim thinks hes safe but he isnt and doesnt know where the shots are coming from...

Or classic desinc that sometimes make players look like speedhacking(all the positional data that was in desinc suddenly sinchronizes with the server/your client) also its possible for one player to be desinced and the other not, making one player basically invincible, then it looks like enemy speedhacks his way to you and snaps to you instantly and kills you, while on his screen he was jut running around when he saw you and started shooting at you and wondered, "why hes not reacting to my gunshots?" when you fall down dead thinking, HAX

Been there, done that, was trying to kill a hatchling with a friend, no success with 4 mags from AK, hatchling proceeded to kill my friend loot his body and runaway...

I have yet to meet any suspicious activity now when i know what wonders can desinc achieve

Im not saying there is 0 hackers, but not so many as many of you newbies think

Edited by FurryAlot
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FenrirInu said:

@Cheaptrix Obviously nothing concrete will be shared to the public, we can only guess and compare it to existing and well known anti-cheats. Stat and score based like FairFight.

 There are plenty of videos from people discussing the pro and cons for each anti-cheat.

 

Far as i know they didn't mention any software name. Might be developed in-house.

Its test and error. VAC is far fromg perfect let alone good.

It's developed in-house. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord_Futch

I'll get the video uploaded for you guys. 
My squad and I all record, we all have a certain player caught on film. 

His name was "TEDUSMC". 

You can clearly, clearly see him flying, hovers above us and shoots. 
I live in Australia, so my upload is a bit slow, but I'll get the video up shortly. 

I've gamed for years, hosted Arma 2/3 servers etc, I know when it's desync and I know when it's hacker. I've caught my fair share. 
I don't like accusing anyone, as I do know what desync and lag can do, but I will happily point out when it's a hacker. 

It's nice to hear there are preventions in place for this type of thing, hopefully it gets stepped up a little to weed the script kiddies out of the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Then it's a different story of course. I see some recent videos of people flying, looks like this hack got released shortly ago. That sucks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
FenrirInu
11 minutes ago, sYs said:

It's developed in-house. 

Ah figures, then we can only assume things. Hopefully it will expand and evolve to counter cheaters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FenrirInu said:

Ah figures, then we can only assume things. Hopefully it will expand and evolve to counter cheaters.

Well so far it has been performing well. It seems that a new and pretty cheap hack got release. I'm not into the whole cheating scene - so i have no idea what's going on there and I'm too lazy to google for cheats and look at videos as it gives bastards views and popularity :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
FenrirInu
4 minutes ago, sYs said:

Well so far it has been performing well. It seems that a new and pretty cheap hack got release. I'm not into the whole cheating scene - so i have no idea what's going on there and I'm too lazy to google for cheats and look at videos as it gives bastards views and popularity :P

Not really worried about public hacks. They have huge spike in users then a banwave gets them. People start crying that its detected and off to the graveyard. Private ones are nastier with only couple people using them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
FuryAlot
6 minutes ago, Cheaptrix said:

Im not saying there are not hackers, im saying majority is desinc, because as i wrote, ive seen what looked like speedhack and god mode and im 100% sure it was desinc...

Also this flyhack is getting noticed just now while noobs were crying hacks for a long  time before these flyhackers appeared

Edited by FurryAlot
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheaptrix
1 minute ago, FurryAlot said:

Im not saying there are not hackers, im saying majority is desinc, because as i wrote, ive seen what looked like speedhack and god mode and im 100% sure it was desinc...

Cool story bro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheaptrix

My point is: Coming to this thread and saying things like: "I have yet to meet any suspicious activity" isn't helping anyone at all. Just keep it zipped unless you have something good to say.

I agree most situations are desync though. I've also been playing this game a lot longer then you, so theres that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...