BooseOG

Key Guide

WARNING: This information is subject to the developers and could change at any moment. Please share anecdotes as to what needs to be changed or added.

Cited: https://forums.uwsgaming.com/topic/3871-map-keys-and-you/

Herein find the combined knowledge of UWS about keys in the game. Gamma space is precious after all, so I hope this helps with the confusion as to which keys to bring to which maps. I'm using the term "loose loot" to designate random items (mags, food, first aid, low grade ammo, etc).

Factory

• Factory Key - This should never leave your gamma and opens two additional extracts and allows you to open the locked room in third floor offices. Possible super weapon in locked room, loose loot and occasional high end ammo.
  • Key - An unnamed key that opens the "closed bunker" near machinery in the exit area. There is rarely anything worth picking up in here but it can be a good ambush position.

Woods

• ZB-014 - Opens the locked room inside the bunker nearest to the exit. There is an openable locker possible loot, a weapons crate, and loose loot on spread around.
  • Yotota - Opens a pickup truck in lumber yard next to the three huts. Loose loot in the cab. 

Customs

Misc Keys:

1. Customs Key - This opens the top floor office in the big red building at spawn. The far room has a safe and two lootable PCs. Coats, duffel bag, rubles on the ground, loose loot.
  2. Key (black handle) - This opens the gas station office door. There is a safe,  very rarely a pistol under the desk, rubles on the ground, and loose loot on the shelves in the back.
  3. Key (black handle) - This is identical to the gas station key but opens the office trailer in construction. Contains a weapons crate. 
  4. Cabin Key - This opens the mobile trailer inside of bus depot. There's loose loot and rarely some 7.62. A disappointing key.
  5. Factory Key - This should never leave your gamma and opens shortcut. There's a loot box and a filing cabinet within the checkpoint. Sometimes a grenade spawn on the table.
  6. Machinery Key - A strange key. It's colored purple like the factory key but seems to only open the fuel truck's cabin inside construction. Not only has it been empty every time I've searched it, but it's so high up that it'd be hard to get any loot inside.
  7. Checkpoint Key - Opens the building at the UN Checkpoint at the far end of Customs. There are two ammo boxes, a grenade crate, and a weapons' rack that spawns a weapon more often than others.
  8. Storage - Opens to the medical storage room in gas station. This is next to the office and contains a medical crate and a medical bag. 
  9. Car Key - This opens the trunk of the car in the customs parking lot. There is a grenade crate. 

Two Story Dorms:

1. Dorm Guard Desk - Opens the security room in the lobby of two-story. Two ammo crates, a weapon crate, a weapon rack, and a possible key spawn in a key locker.
  2. Room 104 - Opens room 104 in the two-story building. Two jackets on the wall and a toolbox on the ground.
  3. Room 105 - There is a safe and loose loot on the ground.
  4. Room 105 (206) - This key is identical to Room 105 in appearance and name (probably a typo) but opens room 206. No or unknown loot at this time.
  5. Room 110 - Opens room Room 110 in the two-story building. There is a safe on the floor and some loose loot on the ground.
  6. Room 110 (114) - This key is identical to Room 110 in appearance and name (probably a typo) but opens room 114 in the two-story building. There is a safe, a PC that you can loot, and a medical crate on the bed.

Three Story Dorms:

1. Room 108 (103) - This key opens room 103 and contains shelves with loose food / water. 
  2. Room 117 - No key required, but it's barred and rarely looted. Contains a filing cabinet for more keys (useful for scavs).
  3. Room 118 - Coats (lootable), loose loot on furniture
  4. Room 204 - Blue weapon locker with an openable compartment on the bottom and a searchable on top. Possible weapon spawn. Loose loot on ground.
  5. Room 214 (203) - This key opens room 203 across from 204. There is a duffle.
  6. Room 214 - The Ammo Room: generally some high-grade ammo, there's a safe on the floor near the wall.
  7. Room 218 - The Weapon Room: It'll be on the floor near the upturned bed. If not there, there will be some junk attachments.
  8. Room 220 - Coats, duffle, loose loot on shelves / desk.
  9. Room 306 - Often empty, possible loose loot on desk / shelves. A useless key and it still makes me angry.
  10. Room 308 - The Money Room: Money, money, money. Rubles, euros, and/or dollars scattered on furniture.
  11. Marked Room (314) - The Ritual Room: Scattered money on the floor, loose loot, possible pistol / grenade spawn.
  12. Room 315 - Possible pistol spawn on couch, loose loot on furniture.

Unknown/Useless Keys

• Weapons Safe Key - This and the other keys in this section have either unknown or no use. They are possibly quest items. 
  • (VAZ) Sixpack Key - This and the other keys in this section have either unknown or no use. They are possibly quest items. 

I still need confirmation on the contents of the following as well as any new keys discovered:

What does the other mysterious black-handled key open?

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7
  • Hot 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7

19 hours ago, Woodsen_Moosen said:

Could you add possible spawn locations of the keys as well?

I can but will have to be at my pc to oblige

Any use for the "safe key" ?  found it on a scav last night. From memory the description says it is used dor opening a weapon safe

3 hours ago, THALL said:

This is the site that it came from, gotta give due credit to the person who wrote this: https://forums.uwsgaming.com/topic/3871-map-keys-and-you/

You should probably add that to your own post.

Can't edit it now,  

I don't really have to give credit, It's in the public domain.  I haven't taken credit for it, I stated its from somewhere else

That being said if a mod reads this can the edit the post and add a credit to             The Velvet Gentleman

He doesn't need to take it down, It's going to help more people here (I hope) than on a clan forum, all I was saying is that he should provide the original link, as it has better context and highlighted text for each of the valuable keys.

3 hours ago, Wieszczyk said:

Sixpack key ?

I've tried to find what the sixpack key is for, seems like it might be for a locked Lada (old timey car with off white paint) but I went through every car and truck I could find on customs and woods, and didn't have any luck, so it might be a quest item that's just been added to the game already.

I've added the link that the information was pulled from to the OP. While it is not required to give credit (despite having copied word for word as noted by @F4D3D) it is the polite thing to do. I know that "The Velvet Gentleman" worked hard on this.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, Woodsen_Moosen said:

I've added the link that the information was pulled from to the OP. While it is not required to give credit (despite having copied word for word as noted by @F4D3D) it is the polite thing to do. I know that "The Velvet Gentleman" worked hard on this.

Thank you, Woodsen; I did. I also work to keep it as up to date as possible. I'm also currently working on getting pictures for all the keys (I have most but I'm still missing a few). Anybody is welcome to the information; though it was created for UWS, we are all part of the EFT community and helpful information should not be kept under lock and KEY.... I'll see myself out. If anybody has pictures of the keys I'm missing, I would really appreciate a screenshot. Thanks guys. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, VelvetGentleman said:

Thank you, Woodsen; I did. I also work to keep it as up to date as possible. I'm also currently working on getting pictures for all the keys (I have most but I'm still missing a few). Anybody is welcome to the information; though it was created for UWS, we are all part of the EFT community and helpful information should not be kept under lock and KEY.... I'll see myself out. If anybody has pictures of the keys I'm missing, I would really appreciate a screenshot. Thanks guys. 

what are you missing

In the original post you can see the keys that don't have images currently. 

The copied content above is not up to date. Like I said, I try to update as soon as information comes in either by my own exploration or a helpful member of the community. 

Currently the images I'm missing are:

Guard Desk Key

Rooms 105, 117, 118, 204, and 218. 

Edited by VelvetGentleman
missing keys

12 hours ago, ghost3366 said:

Is there a spawn location guide yet? Trying to find machinery key if anyone knows where I might find it.

Spawns on the second story of the three-story dorms. If you go from the second-floor stairs, go right until you hit the blockade of shelves and a computer chair, it's in the room to the left of it. There are jackets in the room to the left of the shelves. That spawns the key.

Found a new key I've not seen mentioned before, so I think it got added in with the new patch.

Key 303 for the three story Dorms.

Loot inside consists of a green crate and a possible weapon spawn (I found an AKS) - been there once, game too laggy so I cannot test the loot tables further. There is blood all over the floor near the entrance. It's from the stairs and taking a right, then left.

Found the key off a dead Scav but I expect you to be able to find it in file cabinets like many other Dorm keys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Iteration said:

Found a new key I've not seen mentioned before, so I think it got added in with the new patch.

Key 303 for the three story Dorms.

Loot inside consists of a green crate and a possible weapon spawn (I found an AKS) - been there once, game too laggy so I cannot test the loot tables further. There is blood all over the floor near the entrance. It's from the stairs and taking a right, then left.

Found the key off a dead Scav but I expect you to be able to find it in file cabinets like many other Dorm keys.

This is a quest key that is used for one of Prapor quest regarding a golden zibbo. @BooseOG you could update the guide to include room 303

I have Prapor's "go fetch MR-133s from Scavs on Customs" and can't really play consistently due to memory leaks, so it's not per say a quest item (that I have active), but rather a key that unlocks a quest item?

Granted I didn't kill the Scav I found the key on, so it might be in their loot due to the killing player's quest.

I found a key that was simply labelled "Key" which is identical to the customs office key, except it doesn't open the office.

I also found a key that is called "Cabinet Key", which is idenital to the customs office key also. I thought the key was just for something simple and thus worthless, but it's worth almost 9000 roubles? Any idea what it's for? I can't find anything anywhere about it.

Edited by Chapladeen

2 hours ago, Chapladeen said:

I found a key that was simply labelled "Key" which is identical to the customs office key, except it doesn't open the office.

I also found a key that is called "Cabinet Key", which is idenital to the customs office key also. I thought the key was just for something simple and thus worthless, but it's worth almost 9000 roubles? Any idea what it's for? I can't find anything anywhere about it.

Keep on to the Cabinet Key at least. 9000 could indicate a rare or quest associated item. There are tons of locked doors on Customs. You could go into an offline match and test them out.

• Like 1

Anyone know anything about the Dorm Guard Desk key? Like known spawn locations and stuff like that? Also if anyone has the key PLEASE contact me, I need to use it/buy it from someone.

Heard it could be found in the hand on the dead Scav inside the bathroom on ground floor inside the two story Dorms. You have to breach the door. Someone had graphic evidence of the key there.

Yet to find it myself.

6 hours ago, Chapladeen said:

Also if it looks like the Customs Office key, try the doors inside the 2 story Dorms. They use the same key icon.

Am 22.8.2017 um 17:37 schrieb BooseOG:

Customs

Misc Keys:

1. Customs Key - This opens the top floor office in the big red building at spawn. The far room has a safe and two lootable PCs. Coats, duffel bag, rubles on the ground, loose loot.

Just a little thing: There are three lootable computers (One on the right if you stay in door and look into the room and two on the left). On one of them (the one in the rear on the left side) it's a little bit hard to get the Search button.