Sign in to follow this  
Khan2042

Fast switch handgun.

Khan2042

I hope there are 2 ways to switch handgun,one we can drop the rifle then take out the  handgun quickly in an emergency(like jams).after that we can pick it up if survived.(by double clicking "2"maybe)
Another is put back rifle and take out handgun like what we see in the game video,but maybe be slower than that(by clicking once)

• Upvote 3

Ржавый

Sounds cool))

Kwahamot

Probably something related to this in the skills... maybe.

K1zlyar

Great idea!

Dropping your primary would have to require extra repair costs or at very least need sighting in again if it has optics. 

jmakro

this is very realistic and is sounds good.

Cryptic Gamer

Depends, If they incorporate slings like a single point for your chest rig you can drop the rifle for a quick switch without fear of it hitting the ground though it could cause awkward movement depending on where it hangs. But unless this has already been added I doubt seeing it any time soon due to the need for new animations etc.

EDIT-

Looks like the weapon switch is relatively quick already, dropping the weapon won't make it significantly faster and certainly not insta-swap like most generic shooters.

Skip to 3:20 on the video to see

Edited by Cryptic Gamer
Added Link

MadStalker

Something looks strange on the video

You can see that the operator (how to say that ?) moving back the breech of the pistol. A good soldier knows he must hold his guns ready to fire (with the security on of course). A waste of time of doing it in fight.

Normally a soldier has a belt wich connect the weapon and the chest or the shoulder. This way he can drop his gun and prevents it to hurt the floor. 

sangle-expresling.jpg

So an animation of the operator droping his weapon to get his handgun faster would be useful only for the weapon you carry normally in your back.

soldat-dans-le-camouflage-et-l-arme-mode

Not sure my message is understandable, but I tried ^^

mark_nader

From all the videos the switch is already paced pretty well and realistic.

bententhhousand

I think a good idea would to have an underbarrel shotgun on some weapons

ODD

This feature would probably make players like me too OP. Perhaps for those who have been consistently getting headshots should be nerfed by not having features like this?

sKillz

jatobi
On 4/7/2016 at 5:15 AM, jmakro said:

this is very realistic and is sounds good.

It isn't very realistic.

Anyone in these situations will always have their rifles on a sling.  When ammo is dry and needing to switch weapons, drop the weapon into the sling and grab your sidearm.

THAT is realistic.  Dropping your rifle onto the ground creates a lot of problems.  That range from physical damage, can break bolts, bolt carriers, triggers, firing pins, sights, you name it.  All the way to simple things such as getting dirt and debris into mechanisms requiring extensive cleaning.

I would never drop my rifle unless I had no other choice for those reasons alone.  Why risk screwing your main weapon up beyond repair?  Use a sling, fixes the problem altogether.