TarkovEscaper

Skill details

TarkovEscaper

Today we shall tell you, in a little more detail, about the Escape from Tarkov skill system, its main operation principles and its influence on the gameplay.
The EFT skill system is a bit different from everything else you have seen so far in the majority of RPG projects, and, moreover, it does not interfere with the core EFT gameplay. 
As some of you have already noticed from the screenshot we have previously published, each skill icon features a small colored letter - and all of them have their own meaning. 
These are skill categories:
Ph - physical
P - practical
M - mental
C - combat
S - special
The digits at the bottom of skill icon reflect, respectively, skill level and progress. 
So how does the skill upgrade occur? Fairly simple - it is repetition-based, and, by performing any action, you are gradually upgrading the respective skill or skills, thus making consecutive performance better, quicker and more accurate.
As a result, your character will only upgrade the skills in direct relation with what do you use in the game and how do you act there.
Additionally, on every experience level gained, you will be granted an opportunity to level up one skill at your own discretion.
Also, the game features the mechanism of forgetting the skill. If the player does not perform for a long time any of the actions that lead to the skill upgrade, its level will eventually start to drop. Skills can’t, however, be forgotten absolutely without a trace; unused skills are rolled back/forgotten to the certain level margins that are considered unforgettable, and, therefore, repeated upgrade up to the lost level, will be done quicker.
After reaching a particularly high skill margin, an elite skill level is unlocked, which features various bonus perks, very helpful ones.

There is a certain skill difference between USEC and BEAR, manifested through starting levels for some of the skills and, therefore, different bonuses at the start for either of the PMCs plus special abilities both for USEC and BEAR.

Let’s consider an example of several skills here:
Health
This skill is only leveled up consecutively to upgrade of Strength,Endurance and Vitality.
Skill bonuses for character include the reduced chance of fracture, higher out-of-combat recovery speed, and reduced energy consumption and dehydration speed. Upon leveling up to the elite skill level, we are rewarded with bonuses that include a certain small percentage of damage absorption and sustained immunity to poisoning.

Attention
This skill is being trained by searching the containers, dead bodies, and examination of the items with user manual assistance.
Skill bonus increases the speed of search of the corpses and containers and boosts the chance to find a rare loot. 
The elite level of skill grants the chance of instant search and grants more experience for looting.

Melee weapons
The melee weapon handling skill is upgraded by the successfully landed stabs and cuts.
Skill bonus provides enhanced swing strength and shorter delay before it.
The elite skill level will give a chance of dealing the opponent a fatal blow with a single stab and a chance to cause bleeding with any type of hit.

At the moment, Escape from Tarkov features the following skills:
P.S. the list is not complete and will be updated later.

Ph - physical
Endurance
Strength
Vitality
Health
Stress resistance
Metabolism
Immunity

M - mental
Perception
Intellect
Attention
Charisma
Memory

C - combat 
Pistols
Revolvers
SMGs
Assault rifles
Shotguns
DMR
Sniper rifles
LMGs
Heavy machineguns
Under-barrel weapon systems
Grenade launchers
Throwable weapons
Special weapons
Melee weapons
Preparing for action
Recoil control
Weapon switching
Troubleshooting

P - practical
Sniping
Covert movement
Prowling
Basic medical aid
Field medical aid
Light armor
Heavy armor
Gear distribution
Basic weapon modification
Advanced weapon modification
Nighttime operations
Silent operations
Clean operations
Barter
Multi-level marketing
Free trading
Task performance
Shadow connections
Auctions
Lockpicking
Search
Electronic hacking
Trap placement
Mine planting
Explosive devices
Weapon treatment

S - special
BEAR
AK weapon systems
High caliber
Assault operations
Raw power
Authority
Zeroing

USEC
AR weapon systems
Total weapon modification
Tactics
Negotiations

Stay tuned for updates!

lRN5Ug6eAxg.jpg

UYAJonaa-ZE.jpg

W5lEYdtpe1c.jpg

• Upvote 19

MrPiepmatz

duck YEAR THATS WHY I LOVE EFT :D <3 

Dreggiestyle

YES! Time to go match skill names to the icons.

• Upvote 1

Ржавый

Good News!

Nickocosmic

Hell. FFucking. Yes.

hap2.gif

• Upvote 4

Frantic

Great news! Keep it rolling!

• Upvote 1

MrPiepmatz

The Icons look like CSGO:D

• Upvote 1

obsidione

Very good info. xD

• Upvote 1

Triarii

Good news! Hopefully the alpha is near happening.

DerpingWork

Could we get those Negotiations abilities explained a bit please? Thank you!

Dreggiestyle

I saw this post and almost dropped my phone while screaming like a 13 year old girl at a Beiber concert.

• Upvote 1

bententhhousand

Underbarrel weapons! HMGs! Grenade Launchers! A meaningful way of levelling! Woo-Hoo!

Kage_Shimura

Thank you for showing us this.  Loved reading about it and seeing those screen shots!!!!  

The hype!

Cryptic Gamer

@TarkovEscaper

A question on skills progression and regression

Now it is stated that if a skill is not performed after a period of time it will begin to degrade. Is this time not performed only in game time or will skills continue to degrade when the player is offline?

I only ask as I work at sea and can be gone for periods up to and potentially beyond 6 weeks. I this case if skills continue to degrade when the player is offline I could have a fairly skilled character before going off to sea and then come back from my trip to discover that my once skilled operator is back to being just another average Joe.

DerpingWork
7 minutes ago, Cryptic Gamer said:

@TarkovEscaper

Now it is stated that if a skill is not performed after a period of time it will begin to degrade. Is this time not performed only in game time or will skills continue to degrade when the player is offline?

I only ask as I work at sea and can be gone for periods up to and potentially beyond 6 weeks. I this case if skills continue to degrade when the player is offline I could have a fairly skilled character before going off to sea and then come back from my trip to discover that my once skilled operator is back to being just another average Joe.

From american pro-operator to wild redneck in 1 week.

RECONAX

I just got hyped again after this. Mostly the ''skills can change with your play style'' thing makes me excited. This is good. It really is. But i wonder something,

'''Skill bonus increases the speed of search of the corpses and containers and boosts the chance to find a rare loot.''''

Okay, do we have a personal loot change?

Swade89

Can't wait for the re-stream! 

ODD

My characters skillsets will be an accurate representation of myself:

• Charismatic
  • Intellectual
  • Vitality
  • Immunity
  • Authority

Devs can you add deception and cunning in there as well? I have my ways to deceive the average joe and make cunning moves on my targets. People will think it's too gamey to have a character with all these traits but there are real people out there with these Godlike traits. I should know, I'm one of them

vicwiz007

this is great stuff :) i have got to say i love the way skills are being implemented, its just so realistic, i mean being able to forget a skill only to a certain extent and being able to relearn quickly the more this happens? GENIUS! this is exactly how real life works. for example- i dont golf for a while so i get a little worse but i get back into golfing and am right back to where i was and start improving quickly. LOVE IT

my question though- for the special skills, since the bear have the AK lineup skill, does this mean that they can become more proficient at AK"s specifically due to them having upgradeable skills and vice versa for the USEC's AR ability? Like will BEAR operators simply have upgrades that make the AK better?

• Upvote 2

narasu

this is how bethesda should have done it.

• Upvote 1

Ayaku
2 hours ago, Cryptic Gamer said:

@TarkovEscaper

I'm pretty sure it's only working when you're IN GAME, otherwise that'd be weird. They probably meant that if you used to use a sniper rifle, a handgun and traps, and for like 6/7 hours of IG time you forgot to use traps to back you up, your skills would go down.

koliup

Bears  has Raw power Usec has Negotiations ( in me brain ok Boy you got 2 options 1st drop your weapon and backpack on the ground do 4 steps back and run with your pants down  2cond option is turn around the direction me voice is coming and you gona get it Now Choise??)

Goochy

Its coming !!!giphy_(8).gif

Edited by Goochy

uspenguin

VERY NICE!! <3
#HYPE