Skill details

TarkovEscaper

On 4/7/2016 at 4:23 PM, Dreggiestyle said:

YES! Time to go match skill names to the icons.

i was literally thinking the same thing! some of them are obvious but not others. like what do you think the one with the cigar and M is?

14 hours ago, pa267 said:

i was literally thinking the same thing! some of them are obvious but not others. like what do you think the one with the cigar and M is?

Its Charisma.

Being all cool, smoking a cigar and drinking a Dos Equis.

I'm close to being done matching the skill icons with names. A few might be wrong, but it should be right for the most part.

I think degrading skills in -SOME- areas makes plenty of sense, there is a reason soldiers train constantly when they aren't deployed or on leave. Yes this could impact some players that don't have the time to play that others do, even to the point of being away for weeks, but this game is trying to be realistic, and there are plenty of aspects of the game that will make some players shy away from it because of that. We're not going to be given any information on how fast this happens till were in Alpha/Beta so the rates can be balanced, I wouldn't worry about it till then.

On 4/21/2016 at 5:14 PM, Bunnyblu said:

I think degrading skills in -SOME- areas makes plenty of sense, there is a reason soldiers train constantly when they aren't deployed or on leave. Yes this could impact some players that don't have the time to play that others do, even to the point of being away for weeks, but this game is trying to be realistic, and there are plenty of aspects of the game that will make some players shy away from it because of that. We're not going to be given any information on how fast this happens till were in Alpha/Beta so the rates can be balanced, I wouldn't worry about it till then.

I fell as though this game is meant more for the competitive, less casual players. Hence the high level of realism (from what we've seen).  So yeah agreed and all. And the law of use and disuse.

On 4/12/2016 at 0:35 PM, Dreggiestyle said:

Its Charisma.

Being all cool, smoking a cigar and drinking a Dos Equis.

I'm close to being done matching the skill icons with names. A few might be wrong, but it should be right for the most part.

Yeah i saw it was Charisma shortly after posting that... seems I need to increase my perception (did i really just make that joke? excuse me as i kill myself) by the way i saw your channel and subbed.

Most of the ones readable are self-explanatory, or at least easy to get and idea of. However, immunity and stress resistance has caught my attention. Immunity must reference disease or such so, if not already, sickness confirmed? Then, stress resistance, is that going to be a specific feature? Like, the longer you go without resting, your character experiences fatigue that could maybe gives you double vision or intense weapon sway? If that is the case, is that (although I like the concept) really going to work in a game like this, especially when your timed?

Edited by -Yukon-

On 4/8/2016 at 2:29 AM, TarkovEscaper said:

Well, we wanted them to degrade even offline (because you don't upgrade them in offline), but we might change that

yeah sickness has been confirmed for a while. like radiation sickness, disease, whatever. idk what stress will do but what you say seems most realistic for what it will be. when people are nervous they shake and get real jittery so it makes sense

• 4 weeks later...

Im new, so hi all :)Seems like something different is going on here. (Thats why im here.) Think skill system like that force people to use dif. weapons. Its like "wtf is going on with my melee skills" and then u discover urself cutting someones head off with a knife xD Cant wait :)

Hello dear community. I'm new in the city...

This is my question... I'm a bit confused right now about what I saw in the developer's last video.

Can you please explain what kind of penalty you have in skill for not playing the game in a while? Did you say days, weeks, months? Can you explain more about this penalty?

Thank you very much. 

1 hour ago, NoisyCosmos said:

Hello dear community. I'm new in the city...

This is my question... I'm a bit confused right now about what I saw in the developer's last video.

Can you please explain what kind of penalty you have in skill for not playing the game in a while? Did you say days, weeks, months? Can you explain more about this penalty?

Thank you very much. 

I'm curious too. 

On 07/04/2016 at 9:42 PM, Dreggiestyle said:

I saw this post and almost dropped my phone while screaming like a 13 year old girl at a Beiber concert.

For me it was more like Dr Zoidberg.  

8 hours ago, incus said:

For me it was more like Dr Zoidberg.  

Did you vomit from both your saltwater and freshwater stomachs?

Hello, will there be anything to prevent people from being jack off all trades? I see you added a mechanic that is  causing people to forget skills when they do not do actions to improve them for some time,  ) or someone who plays 16 hours a day gonna be stronger than say someone that plays 3 hours a day because, basicaly he have better skills?  

1 hour ago, j4ckdaniel07 said:

Hello, will there be anything to prevent people from being jack off all trades? I see you added a mechanic that is  causing people to forget skills when they do not do actions to improve them for some time,  ) or someone who plays 16 hours a day gonna be stronger than say someone that plays 3 hours a day because, basicaly he have better skills?  

It's pretty safe to say that someone who's put more time into the game will be better equip vs someone who doesn't player nearly as often.

We don't know all the fine details, but I suggest giving this a read, it explains skills a bit better. Do note it's been translated from Russian so the wording might be a bit off.

18 hours ago, Drakkaar said:

It's pretty safe to say that someone who's put more time into the game will be better equip vs someone who doesn't player nearly as often.

That just gives me more incentive to get home from work early so i can have ample time to boost my stats. :bemaybe:

19 hours ago, j4ckdaniel07 said:

Like all online game, someone who play 8h per day will basically have a better training, better skills and better gear than someone who play 2h per week.

So does anyone know anything more about the special skills for the PMCs? When ever I look at them they always seem a bit lopsided in favor of BEAR, for example BEAR has six skills while USEC only has four. Now the skills AK/AR weapon systems seem appropriate for both groups, and Negotiations and Authority seem like the same skill. But the rest of the skills are different for both PMCs, although I could be wrong about Tactics and Assault Operations they could be the same.

That leaves USEC with Total Weapon Modification but with weapon modification being such a big part of EFT I don't know how that will effect a PMC player at the start BEAR or USEC. Since from what I heard the special skills are more starter skills, but I could be wrong on that? The part that confuses me the most though is the rest of the skills for BEAR, Zeroing, High Caliber and Raw Power, so there are no USEC members that are trained to use sniper rifles? 

This info was posted awhile ago so its probably changed, I have just been interested in the skill system and I was hoping the special skills would be a bit more equal for both sides.

2 hours ago, Kovacs said:

Like all online game, someone who play 8h per day will basically have a better training, better skills and better gear than someone who play 2h per week.

Yeah , that is expected, but my question is about a guy who plays the game whole day(16 hours) , and a guy who plays the game 3-4 hours every day, ( not low but not suicidal)  Considering we have a system where slowly our skills downgrade if we dont do stuff to improve , the diffrence between people who are playing too much and , people who are playing less gonna be higher than normal, If skills are gonna be ultra effective , that is basicly promoting suicidal addiction to the game , which i find very wrong ( Example= Facebook games like farmville)  Maybe the skill downgrade part can be made that so our least used skills downgrade faster and faster while we progress on other skills so , say you can max only  6-7 of 10 skills at a time,  Otherwise the only thing downgrade stuff gonna do is well you know , make tthe diffrence between suicidal player and a normal player higher . Which i dont think adds anything to the game

edit:And don`t say like all online game, Go look at Dota 2, World of Tanks ( has slightly p2w elements but suicidal addiction does not get you superiority over your targets,)  Leauge of legends ( to some extent)  and many other popular online games.  The games that make the diffrence between suicidal and normal player too high are mostly the games that are made to rob people on the internet 

Edited by j4ckdaniel07