Thezzang

Would it be possible to rename Factory to "Get past the extraction camper"?

Thezzang

Currently it seems there are three ways to get out of Factory alive. 

1. Be the extraction camper, or

2. Find a stupidly rare Factory key, or 

3. Open the door, pray he isn't behind the pipes on your right, and have enough hand grenades to flush the bastard out.

Neither is particularly fun.

In literally every single Factory game I've been in over the past week, it's been impossible to get out due to some scumbag camping in various places around the exit, and why not? It's the easiest way to free loot, and people will without fault always take the easiest way to free loot. I don't assume that this is the gameplay you actually intended, so perhaps this issue could be addressed? Perhaps getting rid of the closed doors in front of extraction rooms or preventing weapons to be fired inside them. 

Thanks

SPT_molchanoviv
8 минут назад, Thezzang сказал:

3. Open the door, pray he isn't behind the pipes on your right, and have enough hand grenades to flush the bastard out.

In literally every single Factory game I've been in over the past week, it's been impossible to get out due to some scumbag camping in various places around the exit, and why not? It's the easiest way to free loot, and people will without fault always take the easiest way to free loot. I don't assume that this is the gameplay you actually intended, so perhaps this issue could be addressed? Perhaps getting rid of the closed doors in front of extraction rooms or preventing weapons to be fired inside them. 

Thanks

Learn to play dude. It's easy to get out from factory with the full bag of loot. Just check the camping points before going to camper shooting line.

Thezzang
1 hour ago, molchanoviv said:

Learn to play dude. It's easy to get out from factory with the full bag of loot. Just check the camping points before going to camper shooting line.

Yep, I'll just use my x-ray vision to see exactly where the guy inside the first room is before opening the door and getting a load of buckshot in the eye. It's not an issue of "lolz just be better k", it's an issue of people using the easiest route to get gear, ie. camping spawns and exits, and that the current model allows for it by forcing people into a campable bottleneck. Sure, you might go in guns blazing and come out on top in some situations, but the constant camping doesn't make for particularly entertaining gameplay. 

Deepockent
2 hours ago, Thezzang said:

Thanks

Clear the pipes to the right of main extraction by looking above them or from wood bridge - You can see people's heads as long as they aren't prone. Clear them from behind the tanks beside long glass hall if you're uncertain. Clear the shed facing the door by shooting through it a few times, or check it from the balcony that looks right into it (door from second floor office towards main).

I'm level forty. I've got god knows how many factory runs under my belt since Alpha, and I've used maybe a half dozen grenades on that map during all of that time. Don't freeze up 'cause there might be somebody camping the exit. Clear the common points, get through the first door and clear the extraction room, and get out successfully with more XP than you might have otherwise because you killed the dumbshit thinking they'd be able to TT someone in the back of the dome as they're going through the door.

Xoxo

• Upvote 1

Ravenhawkhero

Open the door and wait for a second. if they dont rush you straight away pull out a pistol and pop off a shot. the LISTEN. 99% OF PEOPLE will flinch after the shot and you will hear them turn. If theres no sound that should be ok.

Works for me, hope it helps!

Voldirs

I have extracted from factory for like ... 30 times or even more. I was caught by no camper, not a single time. Whats wrong with me?

d12ddd

Never encountered one, lol. The only time i saw someone "camping" at the extraction is when i was a scav and i pursued a fully looted guy into the exit, so he waited for me to come, but i was so fast he didn't even saw me come in and go behind the blue container in the middle of the room. Then i killed him. Maybe it's the problem with your region, because i am playing in Russia and there is no one camping the exits here. Or i'm just ridiculously lucky. I had 30+ successful extractions from Factory if you count the scav ones and i never saw a camper.

Also, how much time do you spend on the map before extracting? It takes me 7 minutes to get to the third floor and completely loot it. I usually go to the exit after 10-15 minutes after i started the raid.

Deepockent
Just now, d12ddd said:

Never encountered one, lol. The only time i saw someone "camping" at the extraction is when i was a scav and i pursued a fully looted guy into the exit, so he waited for me to come, but i was so fast he didn't even saw me come in and go behind the blue container in the middle of the room. Then i killed him. Maybe it's the problem with your region, because i am playing in Russia and there is no one camping the exits here. Or i'm just ridiculously lucky. I had 30+ successful extractions from Factory if you count the scav ones and i never saw a camper.

Also, how much time do you spend on the map before extracting? It takes me 7 minutes to get to the third floor and completely loot it. I usually go to the exit after 10-15 minutes after i started the raid.

Keep in mind that factory also exists to farm the scav waves for helmets and fort armor, depending on what you're looking for. Doing a full wave clear in Factory can be more lucrative than a quick in-and-out.

Second point - The factory key has four spawns on customs. You can get in and out of that map in under ten minutes, before player scavs spawn, while checking all of those spawn locations. While there might not be an enormous point to doing it right now, you can bet that's going to be one of the first things on my docket for the next update.

Dunkurtin

Personally I think the issue of extraction camping in factory is that there is currently no way to open doors from the side. Currently when you open a door you are locked to standing straight in the opening locke din an animation, which allows campers to close the extraction doors, prone and kill anyone coming through. Give players an option to reach and open doors from the side and this problem is solved. If you're not properly peaking open doors before going through that's on you. 

garderoben

Stupid thread, i only encountered a exit camper 1 time since beta started.
Also there is several ways to counter this already.

D4YDR34M

Well bud, that's how the EFT player base is like :/ they're pussys,.. simple.

Your reward by wiping whole fac and being to lazy to take the key extracts is getting killed by exit camper after 30min and you ask youself, where are the last 2 guy if not extracted? Then you realize, one is on top of the blue container and 2-hits you through your M2/GEN4. RIP 1mil set-up. RIP EFT-community. Full of pussys crying for 50k rubel loot as I cry for dying 4x 2day.

- magic hs while jumping...

-m61 hunter scav 1-tap through fort

-Speed hacker

-exit camper

I played 5h 2day and made 1.5 mil profit. Now imagine me not dying to those stupid deaths.

This game rly fucks me up st.

A toxic ventilation in Gate 3 where you die within 3min would be a "realistic" solution.

But ey! realism? noooooooo, not in eft ^^

• Upvote 1

Samael_O66

Exit camping is a legit strat...in real live people would do this too.
BUT I see the pain and where you are coming from. I've got approximately 1500 hours in this game and multiple hundreds of Factory raids. In the beginning the exit campers were a pain in the ass. After a while I found ways (described in the other answers) to stir them up and kill them first. Most of the time those aren't skilled players and are easily killable.

Particularly on this map with just one open extract it really is a problem.

One solution would be like mentioned kind of a toxic gas in the exit rooms and in this case in the room before.
But unfortunately just a mechanic is not yet implemented and maybe will never come.

Other solution:

Don't split the main extract on factory into two separate rooms. Make it just one and as soon as you enter the exit room you will beginn to extract. Not at the wall in the back.

Yazi77

Look man Most of the REEE EFT community are ducking pussies,
They will continue to factory camp .
And if you raise this issue in the Forums then these Factory campers will start giving you unusable strats that will work only with perfect conditions . 

Scionti

Dismissing this legitimate grievance is an issue...as exfil camping here and on larger maps as a whole, is particularly cancerous.

D1M4
On 8/23/2017 at 8:30 PM, Thezzang said:

Thanks

Yea,  people sit there 35 minutes sometimes, I've seen it fortunately for me tho he didn't see the end of raid thanks to a 7.62x51 in his face. But seriously its becoming a huge problem, especially for the guy spawning closest to the exit. I've seen people opening the red iron doors and camping there just to get the guy coming from the glass corridor or player scavs camping there.. it's just so cheap tbh yea I know we have grenades etc for this kind of thing  but one might not have any grenades left after an intense firefight. So there is the problem of single extraction and limited use factory key(which is an entire something else on its own) but factory seems getting worse and worse over time. Because of these situations we now have the grenade spammers, possibly cheaters with impossible kills, frustrated future wallhackers, people who just run around like maniacs kill a couple scavs or players get the gear and run away etc. Where is the tension of cqb combat? Where is that noise when you accidentally step on some shattered glass and the guy next wall silently goes hehe got you mofo. All we get instead of that is campers or instakill escapers. Map needs a rework and a serious one as well.