In-game key combinations

DerpingWork

DerpingWork

Hello I've been thinking about one thing, i've seen in trailer many things and actions (like head nods, changing sights, checking watches, knife attacks etc) and i wanted to ask, will this gamehave many key combinations to learn? (Plus dem skills which i think will have their own keys assigned.)

I'm asking because of how keys were problem in Arma 3 (when it was modded) and i wonder if it will be better made here, also, it would not be good to have two actions for which you would have to press 5 keys in certain combination, making it look like Mortal Kombat fatalities.

i think there will be modifier keys,

like ctrl + mouse scroll to crouch > the more you scroll the more you crouch. But dont quote me.

Also, not sure how many different types.

The only modifiers I know for the moment are Shift + Scroll (UP/Down) to change your movement speed,

Ctrl + Scroll (UP/Down) to change your stance like in arma (thinking about it now, I think I'm going to use that key bind in ArmA too, basic ArmA keys are a pain in the ass to map but it hell on earth with mods.)

Devs want to have the less keybinds possible to avoid ArmA syndrom.

I guess we will have w a s d for movements, q and e to lean, R to reload 2xR for fast reload and other basic stuff like b to open your backpack and other keybinds to open menus for skill and poo. 

I doubt skills will have their own keybinds since they are not like "spells" from your basic RPG.

Edited by Drekal
DerpingWork

Well by these skill i meant for example that your character wont know how to kick doors and opening doors would have E key assigned, then, after you research on Kicking Door skill you will be able to after LMB+E kick doors open, that's how I'm seeing the use for these keybindings

I see. There is indeed a lot of ways to open a door. We saw the slow one where the character opens the door slowly, the normal one and the violent one where he kicks down the door. I wonder how it'll be ?

Maybe crouched + E Open the door stealthily, and to kick it down you have to hold E ?

There seems to be a lot more required keybind then I thought, let's hope it won't be a clusterfuck :D