EFT Problems that Make Me Rage Quit

Lemonsmith

Lemonsmith

You can read the full article here, but this is the bulk of it.

My friends and I love this game, but we'd caution others to purchase the game unless they're willing to put up with these three issues. I'm still glad we have the game, but I've definitely had to turn off the game after dying to one of these three problems.

Escape from Tarkov Problem #1 – Hackers/Glitchers

Without a doubt this game is suffering from abusers who hack and manipulate glitches for their advantage. It has been confirmed that it is possible for individuals to aimbot, use ESP, and even fly around the map. This isn’t just a problem with EFT, but other FPS games as well, but it still needs to be addressed. Our worst experience involved getting shot and killed while crouching silently in a position that was impossible to be seen. We don’t like to cry hacks, but in this case it was obvious. Currently you can fight back against hackers by reporting them through the bug report system.

Secondly, there’s an annoying glitch that players are abusing to be able to die with a gun, but not drop it. Nothing is more frustrating than killing a player who who was shooting a badass gun only to not see it on their corpse. Blegh.

Escape from Tarkov Problem #2 – AI Scavs

In our first podcast episode we grumbled about how insane the AI was in EFT. They were super human death machines. The game has since been patched and the AI is much better. We’re glad to see the developers work hard to create smart and challenging AI while not making them wall hackers. Even with the new patch the AI need to be continued to be reworked. The most upsetting situation we have experienced is watching an AI face a different direction and then getting shot by them. You can watch an example here.

Escape from Tarkov Problem #3 – Lag/Desync

If there’s one problem that has made this game unplayable it is desync issues. Common examples include shooting a player directly in the head and nothing happening, waiting for five minutes to finally be extracted, coming around a corner to be instantly killed by a player you put bullets into. Additionally during primetime playing hours it is impossible to have a non-laggy raid in Factory. The only option if you want to continue playing is finding a map that’s not a complete lagfest.

We’re certain that the dev team is working at addressing these issues, but we caution players who are prone to rage quit to really think before purchasing this game. You may want to let the game develop more before getting on the EFT train.

What are your thoughts on EFT problems? Are they that serious?

• Upvote 1
Ravenhawkhero

1. amen to hackers, they are annoying

2. AI is easy as now xD they are meant to be hard. Its a nice balance I think atm.

3. Oceana servers hit today so no more desync today!!

• Upvote 1

Or when the bslauncher stops working mid game so I get killed with good gear or playing as a scav this kitted guy was looting so I got behind him put 5 in his head then stands up turns around one taps me , thank you battlestate for this wonderful game I do hope this is going to be really successful , this game make me want give up on competitive gaming completely 10\10 bullshittery to tha max

I've played for few hours since yesterday and are seriously considering to request a refund. I don't mind bugs and desyc (it is a BETA after all), but amount of HACKers and exploit in the game is insane and mind you, game costs over US$50. So before this thread is going to be closed (#Hacker report etc) by the moderators, I would like to ask one question.

What about US genuine players? OK, eventually you are going to catch up with hackers etc and ban them. But what about everyone else?