Tilde Key dissable option

Please can you make an option so that the tilde key function that opens the console ingame can be dissabled.

This key sits right next to the number 1 key on most keyboards and it is very annoying when you try to hit the number 1 key but press the tilde key by mistake, and the screen  becomes obscured by the console. I have tried a few things to stop this from happening but nothing I have tried sofar has worked.

Many Thanks.

@-FUZION- In most keyobards you can take cap off that button ;) 

Or, you can rebind that key using some software:

http://www.askvg.com/customize-any-key-in-your-keyboard-using-sharpkeys/

Or finally, they should make console for debug/dev clients only (but then, they need to add checkbox in settings to make fps shown, coz now it's achieveable through console only)

@Forien, Hi, rebind is not an option for me as my keyboard is plug n play, no software. If I remove the key cap I can still hit the cherry mx button underneath the keycap and removing the actual cherry mx button would mean not having the the other functions of that key when typing. I think I have seen in other games an option in settings to dissable the tilde key from opening the console ingame altogether. Having this option would just make it so much easier. Cheers.

Edited by -FUZION-
10 minutes ago, -FUZION- said:

@Forien, Hi, rebind is not an option for me as my keyboard is plug n play, no software. 

Have you even checked the link I've provided? There is generic software that rebinds keys on the OS level, no matter what keyboard.

I checked it, but like I said, having the option would just make it much easier. A lot of people are quite wary of installing and using unkown software,myself included, but thanks for the tip.

Edited by -FUZION-