can reshade get u banned?

Coach_Koon

cypherflow
7 hours ago, Coach_Koon said:

thabnks for the reply guys im gonna give it a try

What program are you using? And let us know how it goes.

Here are a few reshade profiles for EFT. 

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1739/

Personally, I like the Next Gen Atmosphere profile, it's what I use- Albeit, I adjusted the levels slightly and added HDR, since I prefer the range of lighting it gives. Makes the darks darker, makes the brights brighter. 

8 hours ago, sYs said:

but if it was my say - it would be bannable as it makes the game visuals as not intended by developers.

Mate, I'm sorry to say this, but that's stupid reasoning. If you wanted to say that you dislike it because it can be used for cheating or what have you, that'd be understandable, even if most people wouldn't use it for that, but to say that you would ban people for making the visuals different from how the devs "Intended?" 

You do realize that the devs probably use monitors with a different resolution than you do, right? You do realize that their monitors are probably calibrated differently, too? Aaand, of course, they probably play the game and test it on the highest visual quality. . . 

So, do you mean to tell me that everyone who doesn't use the same monitor, with the exactly same calibration settings, and the exact same visual settings, should be banned? Because all of those things change the look and feel of the game as much as some of the lighter weight reshade profiles used for sharpening and so on. Heck, even the more moderate weight reshade profiles that alter saturation and color balance can have as much of an affect on the visuals as the calibration of your monitor- And a reshade profile will never do as much as to change the visuals of the game as playing on the lowest settings when compared to the highest settings. 

The fact of the matter is, no one plays the game with the visuals exactly how the developers "intended." Reshade changes the color and the lighting to look prettier. That's it. The models are the same, the textures are the same, the only thing changed is the colors and some lighting balance. It is not worthy of banning by any stretch of the imagination, and if you think it is. . . All I can say is that you must be extremely unpleasant at parties. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Keter said:

Here are a few reshade profiles for EFT. 

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1739/

Personally, I like the Next Gen Atmosphere profile, it's what I use- Albeit, I adjusted the levels slightly and added HDR, since I prefer the range of lighting it gives. Makes the darks darker, makes the brights brighter. 

Mate, I'm sorry to say this, but that's stupid reasoning. If you wanted to say that you dislike it because it can be used for cheating or what have you, that'd be understandable, even if most people wouldn't use it for that, but to say that you would ban people for making the visuals different from how the devs "Intended?" 

You do realize that the devs probably use monitors with a different resolution than you do, right? You do realize that their monitors are probably calibrated differently, too? Aaand, of course, they probably play the game and test it on the highest visual quality. . . 

So, do you mean to tell me that everyone who doesn't use the same monitor, with the exactly same calibration settings, and the exact same visual settings, should be banned? Because all of those things change the look and feel of the game as much as some of the lighter weight reshade profiles used for sharpening and so on. Heck, even the more moderate weight reshade profiles that alter saturation and color balance can have as much of an affect on the visuals as the calibration of your monitor- And a reshade profile will never do as much as to change the visuals of the game as playing on the lowest settings when compared to the highest settings. 

The fact of the matter is, no one plays the game with the visuals exactly how the developers "intended." Reshade changes the color and the lighting to look prettier. That's it. The models are the same, the textures are the same, the only thing changed is the colors and some lighting balance. It is not worthy of banning by any stretch of the imagination, and if you think it is. . . All I can say is that you must be extremely unpleasant at parties. 

Doesn't matter. Changes visuals. 

Example : Adjusting a little bit with reshade allow you to easier spot beer players in a distance on the dark patch of land.