How does that work?

http://plays.tv/video/599f2c970897b4b11e/wot

Not really sure how/why I died here. I threw the grenade far over the obstacle infront of me, yet somehow still died to the explosion? Is there something I am missing or is there a bug involved here?
I assume at the end that's saying I killed myself. Just not sure how it managed to happen

Edited by kdogg99

There's no way the blast would reach around the corner and to me from where I threw it. I didn't throw a bloody tactical nuke.

Edited by kdogg99

If basically any of your body is somewhat close and is open to a grenade blast, you will die. I don't personally it should kill you from that far away, but it does.

xCookieSlayer
2 minutes ago, Apex_ said:

If basically any of your body is somewhat close and is open to a grenade blast, you will die. I don't personally it should kill you from that far away, but it does.

Has nothing to do with the proximity of the body parts. It's simply that the server or game thinks you have the grenade in your hand and also at the location of wherever you threw it. Again, welcome to alpha

Edited by xCookieSlayer

Yeah I really hope they change that @Apex_. Though grenade blasts should obviously be very powerful, there should be a decent balance involved. 

Just now, xCookieSlayer said:

Has nothing to do with the proximity of the body parts. It's simply that the server or game thinks you have the grenade in your hand and also at the location of wherever you threw it. Again, welcome to alpha

I would be totally fine dying to a bug as long as they fix it IF I didnt lose my first M4, trizip, and Alpha rig. pretty salty but hey, its early access. 

xCookieSlayer
1 minute ago, kdogg99 said:

Yeah I really hope they change that @Apex_. Though grenade blasts should obviously be very powerful, there should be a decent balance involved. 

I would be totally fine dying to a bug as long as they fix it IF I didnt lose my first M4, trizip, and Alpha rig. pretty salty but hey, its early access. 

Yeah it's annoying that is why I never use grenades. I don't mind dying to small bugs but this is stupid. Although it is a lot more of a rare bug to occur.

SmokingSlim

Seems like the blast was way more to the right then expected, so could be partly desync. But also you were standing still when you threw the nade, and if that was an F1 and you have taken some earlier damage its very possible to die. Looks like 12-15 meters with direct LOS. Shrapnel to the face and ur toast