Will there be female characters?

HerrSpray

And if so, (because I know women are becoming a thing in modern militaries across the globe, or are otherwise existent period) could they NOT be scantily clad and actually have gear made to fit them?

I ask because in survival games all around, and even in games not based around survival, women are rarely seen, and are usually just background characters, or have no gear options. Probably the only notable survival game in the mainstream with female survivors is DayZ, but that game is not exactly up to par with expectations and is very downtrodden compared to this game. I mean Escape From Tarkov already looks ninety times more functional and more developed / otherwise detailed compared to DayZ.

I'm not really a feminist SJW looking to get social equality and that nonsense, just curious on if there will be playable ladies at some point in the game's life, if ever. I'm rather interested.

suspect572

I don't think they have planned for a female model and I don't think it will have one either. I think the different cultures between russian developers and western developers confuse us western customers. Many western people are used to developers listening to much on social media and often feminist and other organizations complains. Western games are often controlled to much by politics. I think Russian developers have a different fundamental view on how to make their game because of a different culture in Russia. And by that I mean feminism and other like minded organizations doesn't have as much control in Russia like in Europe.

• Upvote 2
Patfast
9 minutes ago, suspect572 said:

I don't think they have planned for a female model and I don't think it will have one either. I think the different cultures between russian developers and western developers confuse us western customers. Many western people are used to developers listening to much on social media and often feminist and other organizations complains. Western games are often controlled to much by politics. I think Russian developers have a different fundamental view on how to make their game because of a different culture in Russia. And by that I mean feminism and other like minded organizations doesn't have as much control in Russia like in Europe.

Ooh, I think now would be a good time to post this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/tracer-gets-new-victory-pose-still-has-butt-world-hopefully-moves-on/

I know this isn't stringently related to EFT, but TL;DR - someone complained about one of the characters in Overwatch being oversexualized, and as such Blizzard caved and changed the problematic pose.

All I'm saying is that if Overwatch were made by Russian devs, I guarantee you they would've laughed in that guy's face and told him to piss off.

• Upvote 2
suspect572
2 minutes ago, Patfast said:

Ooh, I think now would be a good time to post this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/tracer-gets-new-victory-pose-still-has-butt-world-hopefully-moves-on/

I know this isn't stringently related to EFT, but TL;DR - someone complained about one of the characters in Overwatch being oversexualized, and as such Blizzard caved and changed the problematic pose.

All I'm saying is that if Overwatch were made by Russian devs, I guarantee you they would've laughed in that guy's face and told him to piss off.

I have read about this thing. To tell you the truth I think that the people complaining about that pose are overreacting. Tbh I liked that pose for an unknown reason.. ;)

Patfast
1 minute ago, suspect572 said:

I have read about this thing. To tell you the truth I think that the people complaining about that pose are overreacting. Tbh I liked that pose for an unknown reason.. ;)

The guy's "argument" wasn't even remotely valid. He was saying it's okay for Widowmaker (another female character) to have a "sexy pose" because "her personality is defined by sexualization" (notice I'm using a lot of quotation marks), but Tracer couldn't have a sexy pose because her personality isn't defined by her sexuality.

People are seriously just so ducking weird, to think that in a videogame about murdering people en masse somebody would have a problem with "sexualization". Jesus ducking Christ.

HerrSpray
50 minutes ago, Patfast said:

No females, they confirmed this back when the cinematic trailer came out.

That's odd because who would sexualize the women in EFT? It'd be impossible.

And quite frankly I'm getting awfully sick of the sausage fests in gaming simply because "well if we did it it'd be sexualized and stuff". It's all bullshit just so they don't have to do a little extra work on modeling.

Edited by HerrSpray
Patfast
Just now, HerrSpray said:

That's odd because who would sexualize the women in EFT? It'd be impossible.

Life finds a way. There was a similar issue in Killing Floor 2, the devs ended up freaking out over it and SHTF. It happens in pretty much every shooter with females, especially Asian ones.

• Upvote 1
HerrSpray
4 minutes ago, Patfast said:

Life finds a way. There was a similar issue in Killing Floor 2, the devs ended up freaking out over it and SHTF. It happens in pretty much every shooter with females, especially Asian ones.

Regardless, if people want something they should have the option to get it. I'm not saying everything should be available, but the simplest of things, female characters, should be there. People like choices. There are gonna be people who complain, so what? No point in ruining immersion capabilities because SJWs go about saying everything's sexualized. 

• Like 1
Patfast
2 minutes ago, HerrSpray said:

Regardless, if people want something they should have the option to get it. I'm not saying everything should be available, but the simplest of things, female characters, should be there. People like choices. There are gonna be people who complain, so what? No point in ruining immersion capabilities because SJWs go about saying everything's sexualized. 

Like suspect572 said, it's not about the sexualization per se, but the fact that Russians (and Europeans in general for that matter) have a completely different view on what should and shouldn't be allowed as far as explicit content goes. Females aren't allowed in the military in real life (in Russia at least), and as such BSG wants to keep the game as authentic as possible.

Edited by Patfast
Elitepwnsface

Seen similar post in the past. While i personally would like it not to be a cok fest. I hear there are only male toons available. Would be nice to be able to make a female character, but heard from the devs only Males.

GabrielLoza
2 hours ago, HerrSpray said:

You're poo if you do include women, you're poo if you don't. Regardless, the devs have made their decision, therefore this question has been answered. Do you have any further inquiries about the game?

Drakkaar

Firstly, it's already answered in the FAQ.
"Q: Are there going to be female characters? 
A: No female characters are planned."

Second, two separate posts on this already:

First one: http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/1931-female-character-models

Second one: http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/2531-female-characters/

So unfortunately it looks like there will be no female characters.

Dragonslayer6160

Why the big fuzz about female characters? DEVs have already said no.

There is a reason why female characters are rarely seen in any shooters-women just aren't as good in combat as men are. Now I'm not a sexist, and I believe in gender equality, but that just doesn't apply in here.

Besides, I don't see such a grand future for women in PMCs. The fact that there aren't many working in one already tells us a lot.

StormyFM

I think the most important fact, why many shooters don't have female character is that women would have a smaller hitbox. (Or the player model would lookk pretty awkward)

PutinIsLove
17 minutes ago, DerpingWork said:

It will be like "Boys, i gonna undress if you will stop fighting each other!" in raids :D

Yeah, 49 years old male.

1 час назад, Europoor сказал:

If only they make it realistic

wyryBAQ.jpg

1460293669955.jpg

May I ask you about a source of this information?Just curious....