Jump to content
HerpDerpVonJerp

Spawn camping has to be stopped

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Deathviper said:

Well hmm I'm kind of divided by that. Some computers just take longer to load maps and when you go in with a group most of the time it seems someone will load almost instantly every time and always have to wait on the others. So what takes map so long to load for some players? Is the most likely culprit ram, internet connection, or solid state hard drive vs standard hard drive? I hear everything listed above as a problem but I am curious how I can increase my map load speed and I imagine all 3 could contribute. Sorry for going off topic.

Preload the game before the first round. Go into offline raid and woula.

The problem is that game files are not being unpacked on entering the game but loading the map. After that they are in your ram until you leave the game.

So always pre-load the map in offline mode ( any map ) to unpack the game files and makes all other raids after that load faster. 

Edited by sYs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sYs said:

Preload the game before the first round. Go into offline raid and woula.

The problem is that game files are not being unpacked on entering the game but loading the map. After that they are in your ram until you leave the game.

So always pre-load the map in offline mode ( any map ) to unpack the game files and makes all other raids after that load faster. 

I've tried that, going into offline and loading in, then exiting and going into lobby and going into raid but I'm doing something wrong it still loads the map (same map were playing) and it still takes 3 minutes approx for me to get into game. (This is on customs). And wouldn't you have to preload every time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Deathviper said:

I've tried that, going into offline and loading in, then exiting and going into lobby and going into raid but I'm doing something wrong it still loads the map (same map were playing) and it still takes 3 minutes approx for me to get into game. (This is on customs). And wouldn't you have to preload every time?

Every time you start the game. After that it's all in the ram.

How much ram do you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sYs said:

Every time you start the game. After that it's all in the ram.

How much ram do you have?

12 I made the fatal mistake of choosing the rog laptop with the full size arrow keys over the MSI that had the half size up and down arrow thinking the rog had more ram. My critical error the other had 16. Saving for an upgrade to 24g asap. Too bad that's the max it can hold but alas the life of a truck driver can't run a desktop in the truck. LoL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why this would be an issue and hatchet ninjas aren't? I go in full gear all the time with friends and even with all of it you get some ninja trying to axe  you down because its no risk to them. Pretty lame. But the spawns are a hue issue. A few minutes ago on shore I spawned near the northern town and had 3 other players within 100 yards of me. These maps are huge just saying..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had the worst one yet for me.

Fully kitted (PACA, fully modded AK with silencer, TriZip, nades, 60/60mags) no helmet, because no luck getting one for a long time :(  ... wait 2 minutes for server, spawn in... first thing as I go from black screen to grass and stuff is someone shooting me with three-four shotgun rounds.

 

Like... 

Please, BattleState... this spawn system is not doing you any favours... please add a function to the spawn finder to check for other players within 200m and have it picking another spawn if so, and keep rotating until a valid spawn point exists, or hell... generate a new one or something. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Battlestate, enjoy my $75USD - I'm done with this game. 3x in a row I lost all my gear within seconds, literally seconds. I don't even have time to do a 360 to see whats around me and I'm destroyed by a spawn camper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like somone mentioned "spawns are planned to be adjusted later on".  But...

Lets just hope its sooner™ rather than later. Right mjau, the spawns and the beginning of the raids are pretty mutch one big clusterfaWk3000. The spawns really need to be adjusted at the same time as the implementation of the "karma-system" , but I would not mind a temp fix before eighter. I can allready forsee the huge amount of sodium-heavy tears washing over this forum if its not fixed before karma hits the fan.

Teams and groups need to spawn together, and further apart from the enemy. Preferably on opposite corners form eachother IMO. I think that would make for a lot more interesting gameplay, teamplay and tactics. (when "karma" is ON ofc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2017 at 1:22 AM, HerpDerpVonJerp said:

Really ruining the game for me right now, cant spawn into any map without having someone camping outside a spawn and just killing me as soon as i spawn or only making it 20 steps and getting lit up. really wanted to like this game and i hope they fix all the problems it has but this is just crazy.

 

On 25/08/2017 at 2:22 AM, necuja said:

spawns are already planned to be adjusted later on. the problem is people know the spawns and players spawn in late at times so it gives other a chance to camp

should be either 1 of 2 things

1 - upon spawning you have an invisible shield over you that lasts a few seconds once you start moving. if in a group then you are all spawned close to each other like 10 meters or so

2 - all players spawn in at the beginning, only late spawns should be the scavs. so if the game has 7 players then all 7 spawn at the start only

3 - in the pvp "Arena" bears should be one side with their exits at the customs area etc and usec should be as they are now spawning around customs with usual exits. then all would know they are in a safe area for a while, can group and then fight

exit campers is frustrating but part of the game, it happens in real life where would camp an area they knew people tried to escape to so we should have to put up with that if someone has that much patience. makes the game too boring for me like sniping does having to wait potentially ages for someone to come along

 

yeah i know i said 1 of 2 things but 3rd is for the later arena map lol

Edited by Surviv0r1969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2017 at 7:35 PM, sYs said:

Srsly counter it - use your brain.

Does it take you 100 deaths to understand how to counter?

How does one counter getting shot in a fraction of a second? 

Granted, for me, getting shot that quick has been a fairly rare occurrence, but it does happen.  The player has their sights on exact spawn location and the person on the receiving end can't even move in time.

3 hours ago, Surviv0r1969 said:

 

should be either 1 of 2 things

1 - upon spawning you have an invisible shield over you that lasts a few seconds once you start moving. if in a group then you are all spawned close to each other like 10 meters or so

2 - all players spawn in at the beginning, only late spawns should be the scavs. so if the game has 7 players then all 7 spawn at the start only

3 - in the pvp "Arena" bears should be one side with their exits at the customs area etc and usec should be as they are now spawning around customs with usual exits. then all would know they are in a safe area for a while, can group and then fight

exit campers is frustrating but part of the game, it happens in real life where would camp an area they knew people tried to escape to so we should have to put up with that if someone has that much patience. makes the game too boring for me like sniping does having to wait potentially ages for someone to come along

 

yeah i know i said 1 of 2 things but 3rd is for the later arena map lol

I thought I read somewhere that eventually you can move between zones (maps), which should help with the exit camping.  It's a cheap tactic, but something we have to live with I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funniest part about complaints like this is that you're fully aware this tactic exists, yet you cant seem to create a counter tactic to combat this issue effectively.

Dont get mad about tactics and the people that deploy them, be mad at yourself for the lack of counter tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sweatshirtolympics said:

The funniest part about complaints like this is that you're fully aware this tactic exists, yet you cant seem to create a counter tactic to combat this issue effectively.

Dont get mad about tactics and the people that deploy them, be mad at yourself for the lack of counter tactics.

How does one counter getting shot the second the world loads in?  How is this a "tactic"?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stewart458 said:

This guy gets it

Definitely.  Unfortunately, for some of us, where we don't get perfect game synchronization, and/or faultless software performance, a delay of whatever may bring about one's speedy death on arrival at the map.  I too have been whacked as the game screen has gone from black to map.

It's a bummer... :(

No accusations, just sayin'.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stewart458 said:

This guy gets it

It isn't that they don't get it, they want to continue to exploit it as a tactic.  All the defenders saying you should find a counter are most likely the ones doing the griefing.  I mean, it's easy money, so why would they want to stop?

On 8/26/2017 at 1:01 PM, sYs said:

Preload the game before the first round. Go into offline raid and woula.

The problem is that game files are not being unpacked on entering the game but loading the map. After that they are in your ram until you leave the game.

So always pre-load the map in offline mode ( any map ) to unpack the game files and makes all other raids after that load faster. 

This isn't going to work beyond beta, so the devs should just fix it.  Good for now I guess, but doesn't solve the problem long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 11:25 PM, sYs said:

so you always be on your toes.

I suppose you would be after you get a bullet through the head before you have enough time to rack a gun. Haivng it where people spawn in up to 10 minutes late, means that the first 2-3 people to get in get free kills, and the 2-3 people who couldn't quite get in as fast might as well never had loaded in the first place.

You can't stay on your toes if you're dead before you're on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ApexAZ said:

How does one counter getting shot in a fraction of a second? 

Granted, for me, getting shot that quick has been a fairly rare occurrence, but it does happen.  The player has their sights on exact spawn location and the person on the receiving end can't even move in time.

I thought I read somewhere that eventually you can move between zones (maps), which should help with the exit camping.  It's a cheap tactic, but something we have to live with I guess.  

In a fraction of a second? Shouldn't happen at all - as far as i know - customs map is using proximity spawns. So if someone is in area or spawn - nobody spawns there. 
Factory is broken map overall 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TechoverMana said:

I suppose you would be after you get a bullet through the head before you have enough time to rack a gun. Haivng it where people spawn in up to 10 minutes late, means that the first 2-3 people to get in get free kills, and the 2-3 people who couldn't quite get in as fast might as well never had loaded in the first place.

You can't stay on your toes if you're dead before you're on them.

It boggles my mind how people know the choke points but somehow still die knowing where enemy might be. 

Last night - customs two of us.

With some scouting we notice we have 5 man squad camping other side of river.

2 by T72 tank (garage bushes / pipes ) 

1 middle crossing ( small black rock )

1 construction top ( in prone )

1 under bridge ( we assumed that someone is there and were correct ) 

All it took to break the camp was 3 well placed shots ( -1 / 4 left ) and some covering fire that helped my teammate cross over. ( right side ) Covering fire is good distraction cause all the eyes are searching for you - totally not noticing a guy crossing. Friendly cross over and killed from behind the other guy camping T72. (-2 / 3 left) Camp is broken and we freely cross over. Naturally the guy from the under bridge and middle land bridge are moving towards construction. One of us goes inside construction from T72 side and make some pot shots at the guy camping on top - other enemies guys want to get inside construction by holes - friendly is there and two enemy combatants die. ( -4 / 1 left ) Last guy jumps down and runs to extraction. Sadly didn't catch him.

Didn't have place for all the loot.

Wish we had smoke grenades tho.  Sometimes i wonder how people break camps when on customs the only crossing was the railroad bridge :P before the map expanded. 

If you play like a retard - you die like one. 

Edited by sYs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, sYs said:

It boggles my mind how people know the choke points but somehow still die knowing where enemy might be. 

Last night - customs two of us.

With some scouting we notice we have 5 man squad camping other side of river.

2 by T72 tank (garage bushes / pipes ) 

1 middle crossing ( small black rock )

1 construction top ( in prone )

1 under bridge ( we assumed that someone is there and were correct ) 

All it took to break the camp was 3 well placed shots ( -1 / 4 left ) and some covering fire that helped my teammate cross over. ( right side ) Covering fire is good distraction cause all the eyes are searching for you - totally not noticing a guy crossing. Friendly cross over and killed from behind the other guy camping T72. (-2 / 3 left) Camp is broken and we freely cross over. Naturally the guy from the under bridge and middle land bridge are moving towards construction. One of us goes inside construction from T72 side and make some pot shots at the guy camping on top - other enemies guys want to get inside construction by holes - friendly is there and two enemy combatants die. ( -4 / 1 left ) Last guy jumps down and runs to extraction. Sadly didn't catch him.

Didn't have place for all the loot.

Wish we had smoke grenades tho.  Sometimes i wonder how people break camps when on customs the only crossing was the railroad bridge :P before the map expanded. 

If you play like a retard - you die like one. 

I really don't know what you're on about since we're talking like you spawning in and then immediately getting shot in the head and having a total raid time of 2 seconds because you spawned in late and some dude just waited for your body to appear and open fire before the screen even faded in. It's not a failure of some strategy or positioning, it's just people knowing where the spawns are and then waiting for people to 'pop' in and killing them when they appear right in front of you for an easy kill. This has already been a problem for player scavs spawning inside each other or only seconds apart so one guy can just gun the other one down before they're even fully loaded in, but it's spreading to just the normal PMC spawns when people get familiar with those as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TechoverMana said:

I really don't know what you're on about since we're talking like you spawning in and then immediately getting shot in the head and having a total raid time of 2 seconds because you spawned in late and some dude just waited for your body to appear and open fire before the screen even faded in. It's not a failure of some strategy or positioning, it's just people knowing where the spawns are and then waiting for people to 'pop' in and killing them when they appear right in front of you for an easy kill. This has already been a problem for player scavs spawning inside each other or only seconds apart so one guy can just gun the other one down before they're even fully loaded in, but it's spreading to just the normal PMC spawns when people get familiar with those as well.

I mentioned proximity spawns somewhere.

This was issue 3 patches ago. Now personally i have never nor friends that i know never been spawned killed except in the instances of factory ( bad spawn locations  with no proximity detection ) and occasional fly hacker or aimboter.

On maps like customs, shoreline, woods even if you stand closer than 50 meters next to a spawn point - nobody should spawn there as there is proximity spawn detection ( not for scav players tho ). This leads to situation like if you move away from spawn point somebody might spawn behind you in the same exact spawn - which kinda sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've definitely experienced it more as a scav, but I've had a few instances of woods where people would spawn inside each other, or one right on top of the other like player scavs are known to do.

But I've also had it where I've spawned in, not even have time to look around and figure out where I am before getting a bullet. Maybe there is a proxy spawn system, but then again, 50 m in a lot of spawns doesn't mean anything since you can have good line of sight and snipe someone from over 50m away when they spawn in with a rifle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TechoverMana said:

I've definitely experienced it more as a scav, but I've had a few instances of woods where people would spawn inside each other, or one right on top of the other like player scavs are known to do.

But I've also had it where I've spawned in, not even have time to look around and figure out where I am before getting a bullet. Maybe there is a proxy spawn system, but then again, 50 m in a lot of spawns doesn't mean anything since you can have good line of sight and snipe someone from over 50m away when they spawn in with a rifle.

100% agree about the scav experience. I only play scav on factory now since I have a chance to play. When I play as scav on shoreline its the worst - seem to always spawn on the island or at the gas station and I'm dead within 2-3 seconds. 

Woods and Customs are where I've gotten wrecked as a PMC and lost all my stuff instantly upon joining. 

Hopefully it gets sorted out since this game looks great and has tons of potential, but if not oh well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sYs said:

In a fraction of a second? Shouldn't happen at all - as far as i know - customs map is using proximity spawns. So if someone is in area or spawn - nobody spawns there. 
Factory is broken map overall 

To be fair, it really only happens to me on woods. I don't play customs all that often.  It does happen on woods though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/08/2017 at 8:29 PM, ApexAZ said:

How does one counter getting shot the second the world loads in?  How is this a "tactic"?

Tactic, exploit WHAT EVER you want to call it the fact still remains that you allow it to happen to you by participation in that spawn region. You don't see any "old boys" crying on here about it because we don't allow it to happen. Generally what we do is sweep spawns and if you're unlucky enough then you get shot, simple. Why do we do this? Because we don't want you to come up and flank us in combat. It's as simple as that and if you think it's anything else then you're playing the wrong game. Clearing sectors and then the map is the difference between losing everything and survival. One thing that this game excels at is the expectation of self, if you're dead then you only have yourself to blame. Much love ❤️ bring me a trizip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2