p4miki

Mag Loading

p4miki

I think, for realism purposes, magazine repacking should be changed. Maybe add a timer when in a raid and repacking a mag, or add an animation that takes 20-25 sec, because now when your mags are empty you just drag and drop your bullets and it magically reappears in your mag.

Even 20-25 sec is unrealistic (it takes generaly about a minute when  trained to repack a 30 rounds mag). I think it would force players to bring more mags to a fight (2-3 at least) instead of only 2 or even one. 

This way you would have to think about food, water, your health and refill your mag after a fight.

Also, adding some kind of GUI for magazine repack (or a list of compatible ammunition) would be amazing. Having some kind of saved preset for filling a mag (I usually put 3 tracers, 6 reg, 1 tracer, 9 reg, another tracer and 10 reg) would be so awesome. Just click one button to fill your mag. 

Thanks you for taking time to read my suggestion.

I really enjoy your game, it's amazing.

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 2

JhBasil

Completely agree, this would also make more reason to have a sidearm with you. Just in case somebody catches you sitting with lap full of bullets and repacking. Now for those nibble fingered guys all they need is 2 mags and heap of bullets. Although normally one would walk with minimum 4 mags around.

Dunkurtin

I think it should be incremental, not a locked animation, so players can cancel midway through if they need and just have a partially loaded magazine. Maybe a bullet a second or 2 if they don't want it to take too long.

TechoverMana

I'd agree that magazine loading needs to take way longer than right now to be more realistic, and have the option of only partial loading if need be for whatever reason. Plus encourages people to take multiple magazines in, aka, more loot and not just a packet of ammo and one spare mag, slow down the pace since you couldn't do that on the fly either and would have to find somewhere safe if you needed to do it, ect.

I figure having it where it takes one second per bullet would pretty much be about right for these purposes. 30 round mag= 30 seconds, 18 round Grach=18 seconds and so on.

SabreOne

I think the most stylistic solution would be to treat it similar to reload.

Loading a mag activates the animation, you can hit r once to escape were your guy simply puts the mag away. Or you can double tap R to quickly drop the mag and draw your weapon in emergencies. 

This would make players A consider taking more mags when they can, and B pacing themselves to recover from intense fire fights. 

Edited by SabreOne

FLP

Charging mags will get longer and dependent on the skill, but not as long as in reality (30 seconds for 30-round AK mag

This stated here 

this is already being discussed in another topic.