TheCrippler

Expand PvE: A.K.A.:How to make everyone happy.

TheCrippler

Before i start, sorry for making the same post in the General section, i only noticed this section after i already made that one. 

I haven't posted here since my big post where i threw my bucket and shovel and left the sandbox. 
I kept true to my word and uninstalled the client and game and haven't played since. 
But i have been watching videos (mostly ShoSho) and kept having the wish that i will one day play a fully functioning, no nonsense version of this game. 
And then it hit me. We could, right now. So here's my idea how to make everyone happy. 

Please keep the PvE and actually expand on it. Ok, hear me out. 
I think i can speak for a pretty big portion of the game population, when i say that i'm not here for the brutality of the competitive PvP part of the game. 
I play other PvP games and i hoped this game could be the game i unwind to and just loot, explore and shoot some scavs and have fun with my friends. 
No amount of arguing is going to change PvP and i think it's pointless for me to even try. 
But there is PvE and i think it would be a shame to discontinue it, as was rumoured for the near future. 

Why not make a separate character slot, inventory, just a whole separate thing for PvE? 
You could make it co-op, so we could play PvE with friends in groups and not have to worry some antisocial stranger will gank us at the nearest bush. 
You could keep the loot, just as you do in PvP, but it would be separate. You couldn't carry over anything between the inventories, to prevent unfair farming. 
You could keep the whole economy the same for PvE as is in PvP, you could put in all the quests and everything that is in PvP, just without the problematic P, which is killing this game in my opinion. But that's okay, because we'd be getting rid of that P. 

Nobody would be at any disadvantage, nobody would be sold short. The people who want to live out bully revenge fantasies in PvP could still go and do their thing. 
And the rest of us could enjoy the game by ourselves. Maybe even eventually get better and carefully try dipping our toes back into PvP. 

How about that? 

I honestly can't think of a single problem with this suggestion. You could even test out ideas in this PvE mode before putting it into the PvP. 

• Upvote 13

pimba224
1 hour ago, TheCrippler said:

Before i start, sorry for making the same post in the General section, i only noticed this section after i already made that one. 

I haven't posted here since my big post where i threw my bucket and shovel and left the sandbox. 
I kept true to my word and uninstalled the client and game and haven't played since. 
But i have been watching videos (mostly ShoSho) and kept having the wish that i will one day play a fully functioning, no nonsense version of this game. 
And then it hit me. We could, right now. So here's my idea how to make everyone happy. 

I think i can speak for a pretty big portion of the game population, when i say that i'm not here for the brutality of the competitive PvP part of the game. 
I play other PvP games and i hoped this game could be the game i unwind to and just loot, explore and shoot some scavs and have fun with my friends. 
No amount of arguing is going to change PvP and i think it's pointless for me to even try. 
But there is PvE and i think it would be a shame to discontinue it, as was rumoured for the near future. 

Why not make a separate character slot, inventory, just a whole separate thing for PvE? 
You could make it co-op, so we could play PvE with friends in groups and not have to worry some antisocial stranger will gank us at the nearest bush. 
You could keep the loot, just as you do in PvP, but it would be separate. You couldn't carry over anything between the inventories, to prevent unfair farming. 
You could keep the whole economy the same for PvE as is in PvP, you could put in all the quests and everything that is in PvP, just without the problematic P, which is killing this game in my opinion. But that's okay, because we'd be getting rid of that P. 

Nobody would be at any disadvantage, nobody would be sold short. The people who want to live out bully revenge fantasies in PvP could still go and do their thing. 
And the rest of us could enjoy the game by ourselves. Maybe even eventually get better and carefully try dipping our toes back into PvP. 

How about that? 

I honestly can't think of a single problem with this suggestion. You could even test out ideas in this PvE mode before putting it into the PvP. 

i agree , why delete this feature that helps new players?

TheCrippler

Not just new players. I'd want this to be my main game mode. Add more scavs, make them more random so they're not in predictable locations. Make it co-op with your friends.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Klaus_Quarter

I suppose there are issues with IAs and the desync odds or the devs are so much overflowed they need to cut features to make the game in time.

Whatever is the problem here the game is so broken rigth now that I admit I prefer to play offline or scav (and that's painfull in most of the time because of bad spawns).

Because I'm tired to been killed in odd situations where the gunplay is crippled by a poor hitbox or hit registrations.

Even if there are desync in offline mode (and they're there), even if I could loose my gears, I would prefer to go offline because the IAs can't use glitchs/game abuses or hacks...

Ika_Doc
5 hours ago, TheCrippler said:

How about that? 

I really like the idea, hope they will implement the option to just play with friends PvE.

• Like 1

TheCrippler

Yea, i mean, what's the harm? It would not interrupt their PvP in any way. They could just keep doing their thing. 
While the rest of us could have fun in PvE. Nobody would be sold short. Nothing would be interfering with each other. 
I don't see why not. There's no good reason why not. 

• Like 1

Oranje
5 hours ago, TheCrippler said:

I think i can speak for a pretty big portion of the game population

Alright, ima going to stop you right there.

The game ISN'T FINISHED, and i for one (and all my buddies) like the game and where its going, YES there are issues, but so far most of the things are either not as they are going to stay, or already mentioned as being worked on.

This game is meant kind of exactly how its played atm, barring starting points and goals during a raid, and i hope they wont listen to the whining about how people cant relax during the game, because its to hard.

TheCrippler

But why do you care? This wouldn't affect you at all. You can have your hardcore hell, we could have our casual fun. Why do you react as if someone's trying to ruin YOUR fun?!

• Upvote 3

Oranje
2 minutes ago, TheCrippler said:

But why do you care? This wouldn't affect you at all. You can have your hardcore hell, we could have our casual fun. Why do you react as if someone's trying to ruin YOUR fun?!

This is where you're wrong, this WOULD affect me, since there would be less players in the real game.

TheCrippler

No. That's not true on two counts. There are quite a lot of players now that aren't playing because they're unhappy with the PvP. Also, why should these players be forced to be victims of your ganking target practice? You're not going to play with them, you're just going to kill them on sight. Why should we be your loot pinatas!? 

You can stay in your PvP and fight other vicious players hunting you, we can stay in PvE, playing together and having fun. 

• Upvote 2

Saudi
2 minutes ago, TheCrippler said:

No. That's not true on two counts. There are quite a lot of players now that aren't playing because they're unhappy with the PvP. Also, why should these players be forced to be victims of your ganking target practice? You're not going to play with them, you're just going to kill them on sight. Why should we be your loot pinatas!? 

You can stay in your PvP and fight other vicious players hunting you, we can stay in PvE, playing together and having fun. 

Don't try to change the dev's vision of the game . Why did you bother buying the game in the first place ? in FAQ it says there is no offline mode. If you don't like the dev's vision of the game .. then please don't cry on the fourms.

• Upvote 1

TheCrippler
1 minute ago, Saudi said:

Don't try to change the dev's vision of the game . Why did you bother buying the game in the first place ? in FAQ it says there is no offline mode. If you don't like the dev's vision of the game .. then please don't cry on the fourms.

And who are you to tell us that? Who gave you the moral high ground? This arrogance is really ruining the game more than any gameplay aspect ever could. It's a simple suggestion to help them retain unhappy customers and possibly even attract more new ones. 

People like you seem to have this assumption that this is your private little club of toxicity and you want to dwell in it like a...well you finish this thought for yourself. 

• Upvote 2

Ravenhawkhero

Seeing as there is a lot of people like you its probably not a bad idea. I myself love the PvP but there could mabe be a coop scav horde mode? it wouldent be that hard to implement surley

• Upvote 1

Dwannamonsta

I mean they did say this game isn't for everyone. They already have a plan for the game and the fact that you are trying to change the game for casual kinda makes me think you don't understand that they are going for hardcore sense

• Upvote 1

Saudi
5 minutes ago, TheCrippler said:

And who are you to tell us that? Who gave you the moral high ground? This arrogance is really ruining the game more than any gameplay aspect ever could. It's a simple suggestion to help them retain unhappy customers and possibly even attract more new ones. 

People like you seem to have this assumption that this is your private little club of toxicity and you want to dwell in it like a...well you finish this thought for yourself. 

Who gave me the right to say this ? dude i'm a tester just like you no high grounds or anthing lol .But i understand that this game is only PVPVE and Oranje is right it will effect all of us.

Edited by Saudi

TheCrippler
2 minutes ago, Dwannamonsta said:

I mean they did say this game isn't for everyone. They already have a plan for the game and the fact that you are trying to change the game for casual kinda makes me think you don't understand that they are going for hardcore sense

Nobody's trying to change the game, i'm suggesting ADDING to the game. Do you have trouble with reading comprehension or logic? ADDING is not CHANGING. Those are two different terms. Your precious PvP would stay whatever hell you want it to be. 
PvE would ADD a game mode for people like me and we'd never cross paths or interfere with each other. 

1 minute ago, Saudi said:

Who gave me the right to say this ? dude i'm a tester just like you no high grounds or anthing lol .But i understand that this game is only PVPVE and http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/profile/16748-oranje/ is right it will effect all of us.

That is absolute nonsense. You're just happy you have victims to gank and you don't want that to change. 

• Upvote 1

Saudi
Just now, TheCrippler said:

Nobody's trying to change the game, i'm suggesting ADDING to the game. Do you have trouble with reading comprehension or logic? ADDING is not CHANGING. Those are two different terms. Your precious PvP would stay whatever hell you want it to be. 
PvE would ADD a game mode for people like me and we'd never cross paths or interfere with each other. 

That is absolute nonsense. You're just happy you have victims to gank and you don't want that to change. 

lol .. i'm a lonewolf . i play solo and it's fun killing geared guys with only pistol :)

and there is no logic here .. you are trying to change the dev's vision of the game and that would effect everybody. This game is pvpve like it or not .

TheCrippler

No, it wouldn't. It wouldn't in any way at all. You just want easy kills. What you're actually achieving is speeding up the death of this game. At this rate, the game is going to be DOA by the time they release. Good job.

• Like 1

Saudi
1 minute ago, TheCrippler said:

No, it wouldn't. It wouldn't in any way at all. You just want easy kills. What you're actually achieving is speeding up the death of this game. At this rate, the game is going to be DOA by the time they release. Good job.

Q: Suggestions about offline mode…

A: Sorry guys, EFT is only played in an online mode. There is no offline mode planned. It is only available for testing.

TheCrippler

Again, what are you trying to achieve?! 
Your motivations seem to be exclusively selfish, unless you're just brown nosing for the devs. 
You fight this suggestion as if someone suggested to take your toys away. 

• Like 1

Dwannamonsta

Well if it were to add a pve i feel like it would be more like Russia 2028. Which is a singleplayer game am i not correct? Maybe make suggestions about that topic

• Upvote 1

Saudi
1 minute ago, TheCrippler said:

Again, what are you trying to achieve?! 
Your motivations seem to be exclusively selfish, unless you're just brown nosing for the devs. 
You fight this suggestion as if someone suggested to take your toys away. 

lol .. you are the one trying to change the game for everybody .. does that make me selfish :P ?

TheCrippler

NOT FOR EVERYONE YOU....F!)="#()#"=$!!!!!!!

Stop replying here you troll!

• Upvote 1

2legs

I'd love a PVE coop mode. But I get what the devs are after. So will watch and enjoy the game.

• Upvote 3

Saudi
Just now, TheCrippler said:

NOT FOR EVERYONE YOU....F!)="#()#"=$!!!!!!!

Stop replying here you troll!

i'm not a troll .. i'm a positive guy who likes the dev's vision of the game .. that's all . i don't understand why you want to insult me.

• Upvote 1