Steam Version of Tarkov

profbonkars

13 hours ago, necuja said:

As stated, a steam version is planned after full release of the game

If we pre-ordered, will we get a steam key or something upon steam release?

necuja
16 minutes ago, DMentMan said:

If we pre-ordered, will we get a steam key or something upon steam release?

As of now that answer is a 50/50 chance.. the devs haven't said yes or no as to granting keys, so we shall wait and see what the future holds.

You can still add a non steam game to your library, but I know people look forward to achievements 

• Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

Well this is a no-brainer really - of course pre-purchasers  (PP:s) should get Steam keys. Or if the game is intended to go multi-platform, PP:s should be given a choice of platform(s) to activate the game on once it's up and running.

I really hope the devs realize that games hold more value to gamers that the game experience itself. For example the communities around it, forums, (and as in this specific case) Steam platform with in-game functionality; communications, achievements, card drops, Steamworks, etc. Yes, similar experiences might be available here, but not on the same scale and absolutely not as connected to the rest of gamers libraries, friends online, groups, and so on.

It can't really be that the group of people who really believe in this game - who by paying in advance (and lets face it, if you want in on the beta then this is by no means a cheap game) are taking a leap of faith, and are enabling the devs to create a better game - are going to be excluded from the biggest gaming community/platform there is once the game goes live for real?

For me personally not all of Steams functions are useful, I don't dabble in cards, achievements are only so much fun, etc, but still I do like the simplicity of use the platform offers (yes, Steam have issues, but in my opinion the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages). So to me it it's not the built in functionality of Steam that will be the cruncher, it will be devs thinking ''The ones that supported us when we needed it most will now be shafted out of the goods'' that's going to tip the scale to no-buy, and especially not pre-purchase which I was considering until I read this thread.

Now, my whole rant here might be in error, it's (if I am to believe what's written above) not clear what the outcome will be, devs might be providing keys for all PP:s, they just haven't been clear about what they are planning. I think clarity on this point would be something for devs to really consider, I believe a lot of us would appreciate this being clarified.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
TheQuagmire
1 hour ago, johncage213 said:

steam is garbage, i'd be happy if they use their own program.

No friend platforms like youdontplay or origin are garbage. Steam is the bastion of hope and broken wallets.. Plus a lot of people still don't know about tarkov simply because it's not on steam yet.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, johncage213 said:

i'd be happy if they use their own program.

Yeah, so would I.

You and I could probably argue the merits or evils of Steam for hours and perhaps not reach an understanding anyway (I'm a stubborn bastard, I'm not calling you one =), but it still does not change the initial standpoint; If they are going to use Steam, I would want a key if I had payed full price/more than full price for a Beta/Alpha version.

That's all I'm saying.

Edited by RCSWE
PEPINO999

So, is going to be a Different Vertion? players on Battlestage luncher will not play with players on Steam? if is that the case, this is wrong, even if you give keys to unlock the steam vertion it will split the community, at less it will be a "Full Migration" to steam...

MadMcardle

If my memory serves me right I believe the EoD package was only supposed to be available during Alpha? Which is why I grabbed it quickly, for £125. It was then extended to Beta, which was a bit annoying. I have my own community that plays together, helping get achievements, trading cards etc. If we aren't given a Steam key after lets face it, quite an expensive game, it really would be a slap in the face in my opinion.

I'm just hoping that the Devs appreciate that Steam keys are pretty normal now for backers/testers.

Yes

but probably the current pre-owners will have to rebuy it to be added on steam as steam licensing agreements are interesting none the least. Of course - devs can loose some money and gives us the keys so we can add it on steam. 

Natalino

Hello,

The plan on steam version keys is not set in the stone yet in either direction. What is known are the following things thus far:

• The game will be on steam after full game release
  • Servers will be the same and no difference will be there between steam and launcher version in any way
  • The possibility of getting steam version keys is still on the table but it will all depend on the agreements made with valve and how it all goes. But it is a matter to be looked into and possibly get done. Its 50/50 for now.

Any of this info might change completely or new ones might come out on this so please, stay tuned for that. Until then, this info here will serve you well. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
RobinoSVK
On 10/9/2017 at 2:02 AM, Natalino said:

Hello,

The plan on steam version keys is not set in the stone yet in either direction. What is known are the following things thus far:

• The game will be on steam after full game release
  • Servers will be the same and no difference will be there between steam and launcher version in any way
  • The possibility of getting steam version keys is still on the table but it will all depend on the agreements made with valve and how it all goes. But it is a matter to be looked into and possibly get done. Its 50/50 for now.

Any of this info might change completely or new ones might come out on this so please, stay tuned for that. Until then, this info here will serve you well. Thanks!

Thank you! finally I found some developer answered to forum thread about releasing on steam:)

Personaly I want to buy EOD edition if I know that I wil recieve steam code after its on steam. 

• Upvote 1