Vopo

Friendly Wiggle

I took a risk on a wiggler the other night... lol.

Factory raid with only a pistol. Soon after spawning I find myself in the large room with the shipping containers and the metal stairs that take you up to the third floor offices through the hole in the wall.

At the base of those stairs I look around an make eye contact with a hatchet runner. Aiming my pistol at him, he wiggles. I know he's gonna kill me the first chance he gets, but I only have two mags, and can also see he's just spawned and has nothing I want. So I think what the hell, turn an run up the stairs.

I get to the hole in the wall and at that moment a player with an AK and some other goodies is looting a body. I shoot him, take his stuff, and run towards the exit. Going down the stairs at the other end of the corridor I take out a scav. I still hear shouting, gunfire and footsteps, so I don't stop running until I reach the exit.

At that moment I turn around to see my old friend Mr Hatchet Wiggler stood in the doorway. A stun grenade exploded seemingly from nowhere. I loose vision and hearing so I empty my magazine in the direction of the door just as the countdown reaches zero.

Trust wigglers at your own risk.

Two Wiggles succeed (we all go our separate ways), two fail (one straight up shot down by handgun, face to face, and one seemingly successful Wiggle, then killed from behind by shotgun).

Fairly normal day in "The Zone".

Sorry, I meant "Tarkov".

YMWV

On 28. 8. 2017 at 3:02 AM, OmegaStarAlpha said:

The friendly dance to me is a sign of weakness. And I vow to stomp it from there sole. This game has no room for being friends. Sometimes I'm nice and allow those dancing fairies to loot farm for me and then stomp the loot out of them as they attempt an exit.

baby of the day m8

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

To the first ever scav friend I made.

he was looting and I thought to myself 'Hm, The scavs don't loot at all, this must be a player.'

he was clearly in his inventory screen unable to see me wiggling left to right in his face.

After some time he was done, our eyes locked as gunshots filled our eardrums alongside scav bodies dropping to the floor, we both knew what we had to do.

we had to kill this Bear who was killing all our Scav AI.

I peeked, copped a bad wound from him;

you peeked and died with a single bullet.

It's moments like this that make you love the game, 

I love the game without microphones, you have to telepathically communicate to each other.

the constant fear behind knowing if he's gonna turn on you is great.

dont be one of those 'omega star alpha' guys, enjoy your time playing it,

dont try-hard :)

Edited by Verdex

Tarkov is as much as game of the mind as it is a game on the PC. That is the entire point... you need to be smart and have your wits about you at all times. There is no hand holding by the game to ensure you enjoy your time playing. This is a hardcore game, it is marketed as a hardcore game, and it is fun because it is a hardcore game.

At the end of the day, trust noone and you won't be complaining.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:22 AM, AvoidsTheVodka2 said:

Two Wiggles succeed (we all go our separate ways), two fail (one straight up shot down by handgun, face to face, and one seemingly successful Wiggle, then killed from behind by shotgun).

50% ain't bad, it'd be no fun if it was all one way or the other. A huge part of what's making some of the wiggle thing fun is just the not knowing and having to constantly stay on your toes and seeing how loyal they'll stay with some guy they just met.

It's super satisfying helping a little hatchling or pistol guy and getting them super geared up on dead scavs and occasional player and extracting with them, as well as a big downer if they just shoot you in the back as soon as they got good gear and feel they can get the drop on you. But that lack of knowledge, that risk and reward, that emotional rollercoaster is such a rare thing in games and its very awesome to experience naturally just as an extension of the people who play. 

13 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

50% ain't bad, it'd be no fun if it was all one way or the other. A huge part of what's making some of the wiggle thing fun is just the not knowing and having to constantly stay on your toes and seeing how loyal they'll stay with some guy they just met.

It's super satisfying helping a little hatchling or pistol guy and getting them super geared up on dead scavs and occasional player and extracting with them, as well as a big downer if they just shoot you in the back as soon as they got good gear and feel they can get the drop on you. But that lack of knowledge, that risk and reward, that emotional rollercoaster is such a rare thing in games and its very awesome to experience naturally just as an extension of the people who play. 

At this stage, I can take the good with the bad.  It's only Scav gear (plus some bits and pieces) I lose anyway.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:20 PM, SommerTheViking said:

I feel like the friendly wiggle isnt respected since beta, i remember when you could wiggle to a guy and he wiggled back, and then BOTH would get hands on guns but they would work together because of that moment they wiggled at each other.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:22 AM, marqs said:

Once there was a time when scavs played together, killed PMC's together. Almost no infight. Well..good old times but then the Beta waves arrived. And now almost everyone is writing here "just shoot at everything". I understand why it is like that now, i also do it because every wiggle attempt failed.

But i can tell you, the most fun in this game is when i play scav round with my two mates. There is nothing better than killing a PMC group which already looted half of the map just to get killed on the last meters till extraction. Priceless. Try it, it is much more fun than just killing your scav mates and get some bad loot like shotguns and t-bags..

Totally agree. Alpha was a different story, a good one. The best gameplays I've had was when I managed to team up with some random and to get out geared up together. Especially when you team up with a random scav and drop some geared players, nothing better than that :D.

Then Beta arrived and madness began. Hardly found any friendlies since Beta, and I am literally looking for friendlies. The real unbelievable thing: those hatchling even attack you when you're fully geared... lol?!?!? I play mainly solo and was getting kind of bored a bit so I've tried to play "shosho" style (YT), to look for some hatchling noob and help him gear up and extract. Damn... I don't get where shosho finds all those friendlies in his YT-videos... That's a real challenge... I usually approach them hatchlings doing the wiggle to them, me fully geared and armed. Guess what, a 95% of them hatchlings will launch an attack at you, even from distance... I can only wonder... imagine you play as hatchling, someone fully geared looking at you and not shooting, maybe even wiggling at you, and all you do is run towards him and try to knife him down... lul? rly? srsly? Literally giving you no other choice than shooting them, and if desync is on there side you can get into real trouble with them...

Since beta I've found less than 10 friendlies yet, out of which I could help about half to gear up and extract, dropping them all I had, those were some of most fun gameplays... to the other estimated 200 hatchlings to which I wiggled and still they launched an attack at me: you could have very likely survived and got out with more gear than you could carry, but instead I had to down you and keep going on solo... I really don't get it!?!?!?!?! 

But that's Beta and it's new playerbase, all crying to be shot at sight, but in reality not much of a choice... :D

Edited by tullowitsch
grammar, as usual, sry :)

if you aren't going to follow iff protocol, then you have no right to complain about exploiters, hackers, or anyone who plays their own way without following "your" rules either. as far as i'm concerned any of these no honor kos players deserve whatever happens to them. what goes around comes around.

just a friendly reminder from the member of the no interact with human players in game crew. way too toxic and selfish. waiting for storymode/coop/friendly ai squad crew

I met you in customs. You had but a hatchet. You wiggled, knowing you are in my full mercy. For some reason i did not just pop you once in the face, even though i had one of your kin just attempt a lobotomy on me. I had just popped an aggressive hatchling that i caught searching through filing cabinets. I gave you his gun. We proceeded out of the red spawn area hangar. I trusted you and led the formation, when suddenly i feel shots in the back. I quickly spin around already lamenting my generous heart, et tu, brute? As i start frantically popping off hipshots from my P226, i realize it is not you shooting at me, but a fully decked M4 wielding Kever bucket-headed Fort wearing SOB from a crack in the wall just meters from you.

As i fell, im certain i put a few in him, you were still alive in prime position to ambush him. The long dark took me not knowing your fate. My friend, i hope you managed to drop that motha and get flush. o7

Need. Voice. Over. IP. Now.

Edited by Esso

On 8/28/2017 at 9:02 AM, OmegaStarAlpha said:

The friendly dance to me is a sign of weakness. And I vow to stomp it from there sole. This game has no room for being friends. Sometimes I'm nice and allow those dancing fairies to loot farm for me and then stomp the loot out of them as they attempt an exit.

I'd love to poke a bullet hole through that brain of yours, but then again thats your play style. Cheers! :bewhink:

13 hours ago, Reahs said:

This is my first scav player encounter.

Kudos to ya! I'd love to make a raid with you of possible.

there are only few players that wiggles at you cuz they want to be friendly,most of them wiggles just cuz they have a hatchet,that's why u need to kill them no matter what,and if it's as a scav i didn't encounter that many wigglers :) that backstabbed me.

but in this stage of the game if u want to avoid frustration u just kill everything that moves,avoid killing scavs as a scav but me personaly when i see a player scav i will kill him in 99% of the time, maybe he'll be friendly for a while but imagine u encounter a fully geard player with your new wiggle buddy, you get the kill and start looting, what are the chances for your buddy to actualy cover u? in 99% of the time he will kill u while u're looting, you can be friends while looting dead scavs or cabinets but if u manage to kill a player u need to kill your buddy to :)) that's how it works for now.

i love the ideea that devs had with the karma, but until it will be implemented i cannot trust no one,and even after it will be implemented i'm sure there will be cases where i will be forced to kill my mates

for example yesterday i was doing shorline as a scav,spawned at gas station,i've heard a player scav shooting AI's, when i was close enough to engage the player scav killed all the AI in area and he was looting,i was sure he will be not friendly after he killed all the AI's so i 1 tapped him while he was looting, and guess what he looted a fort, do you guys think i've regreted even 1 second?or today same thing spawned heard a lot of scav on scav violence and i saw 3 player scavs alive so i needed to make justice and kill the players that killed the AI and karma even if it's not implemented hited me hard :)) after i killed all 3 looted 100k roubles more or less another player sacv 1tapped me when i was looting last body

i like playing as a scav with the AI's it can be very rewording but i cannot trust the players scavs, i'm sure this will change soon

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:55 AM, ynefel said:

Crying on the forums because someone was dishonest in a videogame.

I love it.

The psychology of cheating in a video game,..and cheating someone in the real world is the same my friend,......

• Like 1

hmmm i wouldnt say that you will get betrayed most of the times when u wiggle. When i make a comparison to dayz (but i havent played tarkov for such a long time, so comparison might not be right) i have the feel that you get more times killed in tarkov. Lets say in Dayz you do 10 friendly approches (and shouting trough voice "Friendly Friendly) then you will get 5 backstabs (depends totally on the server, but just to give an avarage value for all the hours i played dayz). In Tarkov i have the feeling you get more times backstabed, sth. like 7 from 10. But there have been many friendly scav encounters and the deadly pmc encounters where mostly hatchlets wo betrayed you after you signalised : "yeah loot the save, you can have it, yeah im not a danger for you" .

But just a little story i can give on the way: Spawned into factory, machinery room with those pallet transporters, right where the long hallway is. Instantly looked for the door on the other side, heard some steps, my m4a1 was changed to full auto, ready to shoot. Door opens, shot everything in controlled burstfires towards the door, but it was only a hatchlet who wiggled at me. The funny thing is i didnt kill him (think i didnt even wound him? Still im not able to explain this, the only option is desync. But However, he took a sidestep behind the wall, but immediately moved again back and wiggled to me again.

I said myself: "why again just doing a shootout, lets try it again to be friendly" So i signalised with a wiggle back "Hey no problem. I wont kill you"  Then we started weird moves, symbolising "Yes" head moves or stuff like that. Still get a smile on my face when i remember those movements.

Then we moved trough the tunnel, towards the direction of those big gastanks standing in the middle of the map.

There has been a scav having a backpack, sks and a good chestrigh, i shot him and signalised him "Go loot him".

After he looted the scav we wanted to move on to get some fight but then a massive firefight started in the factory. It really sounded like it would be 2 Players working together and shooting everything what is living in this factory. Those are those massive Shootouts even skilled Players get scared, just hearing constant fire of suppressed weapons and exploding grenades everywhere.

I thought myself: "So or so he will die but not today in a firefight where he has no chance"

So i signalised him to follow me and we ran back towards the factory exit right under the pallet transporters. I unlocked the door for him and he understood (i think he was scared too by the massive gunshootings)

He gave me a last, crazy "Yes" moving and went to the exit. It was really fun for me and he even had the chance to kill me right next to an exit spawn, but he didnt. :)

To make this post a bit more longer: The reason "players betray players"-situation happens so often in tarkov is the reason that you really gain something and can invest the weapons on other raids or can sell stuff for money. Its beneficial to betray your friendly Player you just met. But in dayz after a time you get pretty bored to always shoot something "So or so, when i die i have lost everything, my base can get raided every day by a hacker or normal player, so why not trying a friendly encounter. But without backstabbing my opponent."

And communicating trough voice helps a lot to build a bridge between you and the stranger you just met. You can hear many times, in the way the person is talking to you if you can trust her or not. In Tarkov this option is missing at the moment.

Edited by blue_utopia

It makes me sad that people don't trust the wiggle, and people abuse the wiggle..  What happened to the friendly days of hatchet wiggeling and forming gangs to get everyone loot.. Oh wait its tarkov, nevermind!

I had a good wiggeling experience on the weekend. I was a scav looking for my loot. I was busy looting and I hear footsteps so I drop out of the looting menu but it was too late! Infront of me was another scav, SKS in hand pointed at my head. I wiggled like my life depended on it. He wiggled back and walked away... As far as I know we both left that raid with scav loot in hand (not that it did me any good, it was slim pickings)

On 8/27/2017 at 8:04 AM, Gramstaal said:

I was once betrayed by a Hatchling after I managed to get him some good gear.

He shot me in the head with a shotgun while I turned my back onto him.

Nowadays after many unpleasant experiences with Hatchlings, I generally kill them on sight, because if you're too stupid to even bring a pistol on a raid, which dramatically increases your chance of getting something out of the raid, then you deserve to learn a lesson.

Yeah it's stupid of me to come into a raid with absolutely nothing to lose, kill an AI Scav or a player with a hatchet and now I'm geared enough to effectively kill most enemies. And now I sit on Factory as waves of AI and player Scavs come in and I rack up that EZPZ XP then sell extra garbage at the end, and go in again with what I want to keep. Rack up enough dough and go do a fully geared run. Wow I must be stupid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I like to go on a no risk hatchet run from time to time. I only really go for scavs though. Unfortunately I always seem to come across some fully geared cod wanker that kills everything on sight. I never kill hatchet runners unless they come at me. Infact a few times I've actually given hatchet runners my handgun if I had one on me.

This game just shows you how shitty humans really are.

i have both story.. but ye i always blame me if i help hatchet guy and he backstabbing me -.- but not all ppl "retard" :)

i always play friendly and try help others and sometimes we can make a good raid with random guy :)
Sometimes just ragequit..
I have lots of clips with backstabs and good raids too, so my opinion 30% backstab 70% friendly.

1) i found a hatchling who bleeding , i just throw a medkit and weapon for him then i showed " go" the guy show "okay" and " good job fella" then backstabbing me with my own weapon :/ and took my all gear.. 
After this one i promised myself.. just kill all human in this game scav npc hatchling whatever.. kill everyone.. fk this! 
Aaaand i fked up in custom map , the shotgun scav ofc oneshot my legs and stomach ( he just pop behind me or dunno ) 
Bleeding,dehydration cant move etc.. i meet one fully geared guy i thought.. okay this is the end :D just press 'Y' - im bleeeeding ' 
And miracle.. the guy throw morphine bandage water and medkit. So save my life. After this we make a grp and clear doorm boilers and everything :) one corpse is mine one is his (loot) perffect raid with random guy! 
2) same custom map, the hatchling.. he just pop behind me , i think spawn same place, hes a hatchling and i have everything.. so just throw my pistol.. " lest try it again.. " and the guy following me covering me.. and fight with me. same good raid with random guy :)

Sometimes , random hatchling can save ur life... sometimes he kill you .. 

I very much like the idea of the wiggle. The very trailer video for this game shows two opposing soldiers putting aside their differences to overcome a deadly situation. There isn't a real reason to not try, after all it's just a video game. There is always a chance you'll just get murdered, but in the offchance you don't, teaming up impromptu with a random other player can be extensively rewarding for both. This is something everyone should keep in mind.

As a long time DayZ veteran of both the ARMA 2 mod and standalone I've had my fair share of good experiences with random opposing players. Sure I've been shot in the back a time or two. But those moments where you team up with an otherwise would be killer and absolutely rekt all remaining opposition are so delicious.