Nikita is comrade, read pls

Bravo6Delta

Bravo6Delta

Will the character voice overs make it into the final game or do you intend to change/remove them?

It kills the ''hardcore'' and ''realistic'' element of the game for me that you are striving for. The American voice over acting sounds super goofy and kinda BF4-esque, especially the things that they actually say. I can't speak for the Russian ones but I assume they're similar.

I mean if you're going for hardcore realistic private contractors, have them sound like it and talk like it, rather than the generic comments they make while under fire? 

thanks

p.s.
nikita is comrade

DerpingWork

TBH I think it's russian parody for US soldiers, russian hardcore soldiers go on enemy like "URRRAAAAA FOR MOTHER RUSSIA" and US soldiers are crying out loud.

Just some influence parodyzing the voices of USEC soldiers.

• Upvote 1
Cryptic Gamer

I just hope they remove the audible hit markers as seen on the stream.

Characters saying "Got One" and "Target Hit" etc is just as bad as a visual indicator on the HUD. Kinda takes away from the realism especially when it's heard after firing blind through a bush.

• Upvote 2
Bravo6Delta
42 minutes ago, Cryptic Gamer said:

I just hope they remove the audible hit markers as seen on the stream.

Characters saying "Got One" and "Target Hit" etc is just as bad as a visual indicator on the HUD. Kinda takes away from the realism especially when it's heard after firing blind through a bush.

Exactly what i'm talking about dude

nikita, comrade, pls. pls listen community, stop nonsense audio. saviour of game, putin approves.

I think I'll respond in an orderly fashion that appears to have been adopted in this topic.

What?! You don't like the voiceover? But it's... heavenly. Purrrfect! Godlike!

And now seriously:

Your character's VO can be switched off. Every player is free to do the same and just use radio. The AI-controlled Scavs will have it anyway, but, since they are Russian, they sound quite authentic.

As for voiced hit indication - seems like a valid point, and I'll be sure to bring it up for reconsideration.

• Upvote 4
Bravo6Delta

this news is welcome of VO, great advancement. appreciation greatly. and as always, nikita is comrade.

As for the scavs VO i think that is a great idea, keep it for the scavs is brilliant.

Perhaps for the voiced hit indication, sounds of injury and pain? Thank you for your reply Claus, I appreciate it man.

Claus is also comrade now

• Upvote 1