Sign in to follow this  
ImSpray

When will the weapons finally get balanced?

ImSpray

So lets get a few things straight, if someone is not even wearing armor with a pistol it can still take 3-5 shots to kill someone. I'm pretty sure with how some things work in this game they want it to be realistic but with that low of damage this game seems pretty far from realistic.

Another thing is grenades in this game, theirs the mini nuke and the worthless trash one. These are better known as the F1 grenade (Mini nuke) and the RGD grenade (never kills anything). Both grenades can do damage from massive distances and through walls. I tested on an offline game mode and if you throw either grenade into a room with no windows and the door is closed and stand about 10m away the grenades can still do damage to you (taking health away) and will give you the shakey screen affect. The F1 grenade can kill from 0-20m and the RGD can't even kill if you throw it on someones head.

Please tweak the damage to guns to make them how they should be, increase damage fall off on pistols. Also with m4's not sure about ak's they still take about 3-4 shots into and un-armored player which doesn't seem right at all.

With the melee weapons in this game even with no head protection they cannot one shot to the head and usually mean you have to headshot someone with the melee weapon and then bodyshot but by then you are most likely dead.

If you want the game to stick with a realistic theme don't make people seem like they all wear body armor.

BritishActual

Eh, I can understand the frustration here. I've not used grenades all that much, but when I have it's been an entirely hit or miss experience. The RGD usually does a bit of damage, but it's never been enough to kill a player. The F-1 on the other hand, I quite like. To what I've been told; the reason you get hit from such distances is something to do with fragmentation, and it really makes you think before throwing. Purely because of the risk of injury to yourself. I've had legs blacked out due to the F-1 after throwing it 25m away from the top of factory.

I can really understand the devs in terms of the multiple hit sidearms and melee weapons. Having sidearms with the same damage stats against unarmoured players as the higher tier weapons removes incentives to use the higher tier weapons. I'd choose a cheap Makarov over an M4 for factory if they were to do similar damage, and whilst I play as a hatchling frequently, I'm quite happy the melee weapons aren't a one-hit sort of thing. I'd be frustrated as hell if I were to be using gear collected from my last raid, to be one-hit by a hatchling in the back of the head.

The game has a steep learning curve which is similar to that of ArmA III or Squad. The low damage of the lower tier weapons provides an incentive for the new players to level up traders, earn the higher tier weapons and improve their chances overall. Improving damage stats on the sidearms and melee weapons would remove that incentive - at least on maps such as factory.

Grenades, on the other hand, despite my original argument, are broken as hell.

Carl_Wheezer

look up law enforcement shootings 

look up gunfights in general

you will see people dont drop in 1-2 shots to the chest irl and they dont in this game either which is the only thing seperating this game from having an insurgency damage model.

the only problem with this game damage system is the torso takes way to much to kill without armor and it is imposible to defeat fort armor

and leg shots are way to damaging not just because of the cripple but they seem to kill faster for some reason

when i play and hit centermass it can take as many as 10 hits to actually kill them but in the legs its like 4-5 and we are talking 30 feet distances. if you ask me it should be 4-5 to the chest and more for limbs since they are not vital organs.

you are right about the grenades though