Peek-A-Boo

Make it random

Peek-A-Boo

Why not make the spawns random,why people have to run to dorms to get the factory key or to get the wallts ?is it fun ??no its not,the game would be much more chalanging if the players take more time and try to search and loot evrywhere,same is for the scavs,they wont have any chance to loot all the good stuff cuz they spwan in next to it nah they have to look for it too,tell me if u share my opinion and thx.

• Upvote 6

alex8xela

Yeah, I agree with you

• Upvote 2

Cypherdrene

caaause... you could spawn closer to exit/loot and camp the crap out of it and have an unfair advantage. Since the exits are at the edges (linear) and not the center, it's not like spawns can be spread out all over the map.

Loot on the other hand should be random, that alone will force box sniffers to take a greater risk.

More loot, randomized location, spread out.

smellyPVT

random loot would be a total game changer. You would actually have to look around for stuff, opening up the maps instead of everyone rushing the same spots every raid. Gives more purpose to exploring. I never understood the static loot spots but maybe there's a reason for it. Can still have it where theres a greater chance for good loot to spawn at the hotspots, just make the rest of the map worth looking around at least.

• Upvote 1

impectorum

Simply a "lazy" mechanic for the devs to make the loot table easier to work with. A static spawn point is necessery to make items have a "place" to spawn. Tough there is no "reasons" to always spawn an item on a set location. As the items spawning in the "specific" location is as of now "random" This can be achived with making a spawn location be "active" or "disabled" on start of a new game. How ever this might be a complicated procedure. By my limited knowledge in programming games in unity. I dont see how this is not achivebole. As I made a system where u teleported to one of 5 set locations when ever u entered a portal. This was made random. Something simular should be doable from a loot spawn perspective. 

How ever this an assumption from my personal experience aka "gestimaiting" made on the limited experience i have making games in unity. 

gremadier
2 hours ago, Cypherdrene said:

caaause... you could spawn closer to exit/loot and camp the crap out of it and have an unfair advantage. Since the exits are at the edges (linear) and not the center, it's not like spawns can be spread out all over the map.

Loot on the other hand should be random, that alone will force box sniffers to take a greater risk.

More loot, randomized location, spread out.

Fair enough, but as things stand, I would argue that even with the current fixed spawn system, there are already some spawns that give you a greater advantage than other spawns. Some spawns put you in a very dangerous area, other spawns put you in a relatively safe area. Some spawns put you right next to the exit, some spawns put you farther away from the exit. Some people are already getting an unfair advantage.

I like you idea about randomized loot, but if loot was randomized, then randomized (or at least, semi-randomized) spawning wouldn't necessarily give you an advantage in terms of loot, since it too would be randomized. Randomized spawning might make the game a bit more dynamic/interesting and force you to adapt to your current spawn situation a bit differently, and it might help with the spawn camping/everyone spawning together in a small cluster that the game currently suffers from.

Of course, with randomized spawning, squad spawning would need to be fixed more than ever...even with fixed spawns, it's a pain right now.

FLP

good idea, spawn random maybe it would be difficult to implant, but a larger spawn number would be ideal

• Upvote 2

-snom-

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this.

First off, I have to say loving the game and how hard and challenging it is. Glad it hasn't been dumbed down. 

The one thing that I too would really like to see, is it being more randomised.

You should have to look and check everywhere, more places, buildings and locations, not just 1 or 2 specific spots for loot. 

You should have to check all/more of the shelves, cabinets, buildings, etc in hope you find something worthwhile.

I have also noticed there are many locations that could be incorporated a bit more and really are just wasted.  

Randomised spawns + randomised loot and use of other places could really make things feel fresh every round.

Having to find your bearings, look everywhere in hope you find find something special makes for a continually challenging and playable game, IMHO.

On 8/30/2017 at 7:36 AM, SultanOfSwerve said:

Fair enough, but as things stand, I would argue that even with the current fixed spawn system, there are already some spawns that give you a greater advantage than other spawns. Some spawns put you in a very dangerous area, other spawns put you in a relatively safe area. Some spawns put you right next to the exit, some spawns put you farther away from the exit. Some people are already getting an unfair advantage.

I like you idea about randomized loot, but if loot was randomized, then randomized (or at least, semi-randomized) spawning wouldn't necessarily give you an advantage in terms of loot, since it too would be randomized. Randomized spawning might make the game a bit more dynamic/interesting and force you to adapt to your current spawn situation a bit differently, and it might help with the spawn camping/everyone spawning together in a small cluster that the game currently suffers from.

Of course, with randomized spawning, squad spawning would need to be fixed more than ever...even with fixed spawns, it's a pain right now.

Sums it up well.

VarmintCtrl

This really is needed.  It makes the difference between a survival/scavanger and a csgo shooter.   Can't say how much Im down with this tweak.  I feel like it would really cut down on the camping, make each round significantly more varied and really add to the intended? Game mechanic.  At the moment I'm taking breaks due to the repetition in eft and going to pubg.  If eft could make this work I'd be done with pubg in a heartbeat.

FLP

the respawns will be rework, I had forgotten that:D

On 29/08/2017 at 10:53 PM, Kleanuppguy said:

Q: Will the spawns be reworked at all?

A: Yes—we will rework the spawn system, especially for scavs (we'll add special extraction points for them later).

Ash_Whole

all maps should have 5 or six exits, on start the server selects 1 or 2 at random.

player spawns should have 15 or so spawn points set, and again the server selects half of them at start. at spawn you have invincibility and no damage from you weapons for the same duration. once the preset timer is off, fair game. killing at spawn should have cumulative effect, where a point is added to a hidden karma. carries from match to match with the points lessening over matches where no spawns are killed. when the points are exceed a preset limit,  the server spawns several AI near that player.

high value/rare weapons should spawn in specific crates, and the server only selects a few of the spawn points at the start, corresponding with the exit locations. not near them specifically.

keys should be on random AI scav's, and make them slightly more aggressive/geared.

my two cents