Sandsii

Broken leg as I spawn in?

I just spawned into shoreline and had a broken leg and barely any health? I don't think someone shot me as I was loading in as I didn't wasn't taking fire when my raid eventually loaded.

Luckily I was only running a pistol but with no meds, if I came in fully geared and that happened i wouldve been pissed. Known bug?

3 minutes ago, Sandsii said:

I just spawned into shoreline and had a broken leg and barely any health? I don't think someone shot me as I was loading in as I didn't wasn't taking fire when my raid eventually loaded.

Luckily I was only running a pistol but with no meds, if I came in fully geared and that happened i wouldve been pissed. Known bug?

By any chance do you have tarkov installed on your HDD? The only  m8s who always spawn in with damaged legs/broken legs are the ones with tarkov installed on HDD, also often happens when the server catches up from desync to normal, and your on elevated ground.

3 minutes ago, weeping-pirate said:

By any chance do you have tarkov installed on your HDD? The only  m8s who always spawn in with damaged legs/broken legs are the ones with tarkov installed on HDD, also often happens when the server catches up from desync to normal, and your on elevated ground.

yes its on my HDD..which is my only option lol

Interesting about this bug--sounds like it might(?) be related to other broken leg issues players have encountered in random in-game situations. My copy of EfT (like all my games) is installed on my Crucial SSD, so I guess I'm fortunate I haven't encountered it..!

However, I know it's been made clear that when playing as a Scav, it's possible to spawn with random, deteriorated health; it's just that it's never actually happened to me yet in all the times I've played as a Scav.

7 minutes ago, Sandsii said:

yes its on my HDD..which is my only option lol

Yah I'm pretty confident it mostly happens when your spawning in waaaay later then the rest.
If  anyone else with the damage/broken legs (at spawn specificly)  can confirm they installed on their hdd, could be quite helpfull.

16 minutes ago, weeping-pirate said:

Yah I'm pretty confident it mostly happens when your spawning in waaaay later then the rest.
If  anyone else with the damage/broken legs (at spawn specificly)  can confirm they installed on their hdd, could be quite helpfull.

Is this likely to be fixed or is it just the reality of not having an SSD?

52 minutes ago, Sandsii said:

Is this likely to be fixed or is it just the reality of not having an SSD?

If its the case that indeed HDD's cause this issue or rather spawning in late , it has to be known before they can attempt and solve it.

I have an SSD and it's happened to me as well. Guy killed me right after. It was really unfortunate lol. Hard to tell if:

1. Game messed up while loading, took too long to spawn us in + spawn killer

2. Hacker and/or spawn killer

3. The placing of your character on the map glitched and "dropped" us.

i have the game installed on SDD and it happen to me twice already.. today, on factory, and a week ago on customs.. without painkillers the 2nd time, i would probably have lost all my stuff..

i survived the 1st time it happened on customs, but it took me 55min to reach the exit xD