crouch/walk glitch bug

DMZ_Ranger

DMZ_Ranger

Hey ,

Im having an issue where when i engage an enemy, soon as i do i can no longer walk at speed and actually walk slower like i have a fractured leg but have not taken any damage at all. My walk speed becomes the same speed if not slower than crouch for the rest of the map.

Any ideas, having the same issue?

I have that from time to time... somewhat into the raid it occures that i need to sneak rather than walk normally and i am not able to switch back.

Changing walk troggel key midraid doesn´t help either.

Lay down stand up,  run a short sprint .. crouching and stand up normally and via c+mwheel ... nothing seems to change my new gained superpower "turtlespeed"

on very rare occasions it will resolve itself by chance but mostly i am either doomed to sneak through the map or run through it makeing more sound than an airstrike.

BTW even changing the key from Keyboard to a free key on the mouse doesn´t do the trick either. What leeds me to the conclusion that its not my hardware that bugs me out.

Sometimes (very rare) i have this with sneaking and kneel position. I sneaked with sneak button activated and deactivated. I could always solve it with strg + mousewheel or c (kneel) + mousewheel.

DMZ_Ranger

i get it every time without fail. Once i fire a shot im in fractured legs mode. I can run and i can crouch but i cannot stand and walk faster than crouch like my legs are broke.

Up until firing my weapon everything works as it should. But soon as i fire, im in slow mode.

JamjarTheFail

I get this sometimes at the start of the raid on Factory and have resorted to crouching and then holding C and using the scroll wheel to stand back up. after that my stance is sorted for the rest of the raid. Same with the walking glitch, you just have to reset it manually with the scroll wheel back up to a faster speed and it will set that as the default.

• Upvote 1
DMZ_Ranger

yep thanks for your help. I changed mouse wheel back to default and its fixed the problem. Its a shame because i like to cycle my weapons that way.

PhineasWhipsnde

Hmm; I wonder if this is related to the gun anim freeze bug--where your character's weapon gets stuck in the middle of an animation, leaving you unable to either use any weapons, loot, or search for loot. All you can do is open and close doors (as well as walk/run):

eft_weapon_anim_bug.png

Edited by PhineasWhipsnde
LethalsLoaded
4 minutes ago, PhineasWhipsnde said:

Hmm; I wonder if this is related to the gun anim freeze bug--where your character's weapon gets stuck in the middle of an animation, leaving you unable to either use any weapons, loot, or search for loot. All you can do is open and close doors (as well as walk/run):

eft_weapon_anim_bug.png

To fix that rejoin the raid by ALT F4'ing and reconnecting.

PhineasWhipsnde

OK, thanks--will keep that in mind for when it happens again. I'm thankful that the rejoining system seems to work quite well, putting you back into the game very close to where you were...just that sometimes, your character has been shot and killed in the time it took to exit and reload the game. :-\

PotatoWarriah
2 hours ago, LethalsLoaded said:

To fix that rejoin the raid by ALT F4'ing and reconnecting.

I plug power from my switch for 1 second. It is faster, you don't have to reload game, just get "reconnect" button ;)