When is melee getting a nurf?

anthonysadler

anthonysadler

Does it make sense in a realism based game to have a man with a hatchet run at you full speed, taking 5 to 6 rounds before one shotting you in the head with his axe? The melee in combination with the desync is ridiculously over powered.

• Like 1

In a realism based game, exactly this is fine. People who are full of adrenaline tend to not die from a few bullets to non vital organs...

Police training says something about... a person with a knife will be able to reach you and do severe damage even if shot several times when he is closer than up to 10 meters if I remember correctly. (Distance could be less in the area between 6-10m)

IF this person would be a higly trained PMC my guess would be he could do even bigger distances..

A working countermeasure would be the proper implementation of expanding bullets / bullets with enhanced personel stopping power.

Edited by Jaxk

Well. if it wasn't for regular desyncing. and EVEN with desyncs. why don't you just aim for the head? that hard ? running up to someone with an axe ain't a simple task if that someone can ducking handle his gun :D

WackoDesperado

Also  a hatchet to the head would probably kill you. And I think the distance Jaxk is referring to is actually closer to 15-20 meters

In the military we teach that anyone within 20 ft can get to you and kill you if your weapon is not already drawn, if they have a knife. I had it proven by a ex army ranger sniper guy. He played a lot of WoW but in training he Jumped over a table and pulled a knife simulating killing both me (the sentry) and my partner who had a shotgun already loaded and ready for use with sim rounds. Just to prove it, he killed me then my partner and all he had to do was raise the gun.

5 hours ago, Akazen said:

Well. if it wasn't for regular desyncing. and EVEN with desyncs. why don't you just aim for the head? that hard ? running up to someone with an axe ain't a simple task if that someone can ducking handle his gun :D

Spoken like a true hatchet-runner 

21 hours ago, rix5 said:

Spoken like a true hatchet-runner 

I have done like total of 10 hatchet runs and only because i had hit rock bottom with my gears and miserably failed in scav run.

1 minute ago, Akazen said:

I have done like total of 10 hatchet runs and only because i had hit rock bottom with my gears and miserably failed in scav run.

If i run low on gear i'll run shoreline, woods or customs the slow way. Works just as good. 

Edited by rix5
Psykotik556

That is realistic, you underestimate the power of adrenaline if you think anything less than one to the head and two to the heart is gonna work, or you've never experienced a full adrenaline rush and been damaged in some way. Lungs, kidneys, gallbladder, even gut shots wont drop a man at full adrenaline rush and a big factor to that is they wont feel it until the adrenaline wears off. After hundreds of thousands of years of adaptation, the human body can withstand A LOT of punishment. Hell the worst place to shoot a man is in the forehead, I know a soldier from Somalia during the "Blackhawk Down" thing and he survived a headshot, one of my most cringey and painful memories is from asking him about it. I also happen to know a Marine that survived a claymore. Everything I've seen in this game that isn't Desync related is pretty darn realistic.