teleblister

Completely Silent Guns

teleblister

Far too often do I find myself up against people with guns that make far more noise on bullet impact then they do when they fire, this would be fine if they were using a little .22 pistol with subsonic ammo and a suppressor, not so much so when they are using standard ammo in an suppressed assault rifle.

• Upvote 1

teleblister

And I'm talking Factory distances from the shooter, as in right next to them.

Edited by teleblister

Lewisuk

They are planning on reworking ammo to make sub sonic ammo required, for now supressors can act a little funny sometimes. I can still usually hear the shots if they are nearby.

DatBruh
10 minutes ago, Quo said:

Silencers are WAY too silent. they should only suppress the sound.. 

LOL god i love it, playing hardcore game then complaining how close to real life it is.

tobiassolem
11 minutes ago, Quo said:

• Upvote 2

Quo
1 minute ago, tobiassolem said:

You're trying to tell me you wouldn't be able to hear that in a gigantic metal building mate?

tobiassolem
4 minutes ago, Quo said:

You're trying to tell me you wouldn't be able to hear that in a gigantic metal building mate?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Quo

^ I love the mag OCD :P

I know we can't hear them ingame.. that's my point.. we should be able to this close to target.

marqs
vor einer Stunde schrieb Quo:

Didn't they record all weapon sounds on a shooting range? 

Quo
25 minutes ago, marqs said:

Didn't they record all weapon sounds on a shooting range? 

But that doesn't take into account how sound waves travel through concrete/metal buildings? Just the initial sound

marqs
vor 3 Minuten schrieb Quo:

But that doesn't take into account how sound waves travel through concrete/metal buildings? Just the initial sound

If the initial shooting sound is close to zero, it would be still close to zero in the distance right?

Wagonfixin
4 minutes ago, marqs said:

If the initial shooting sound is close to zero, it would be still close to zero in the distance right?

Well suppressed weapons still have an explosion when they are fired off so yes On a map like customs it would be damn near impossible to pinpoint suppressed shots but in a factory it would reverb and echo you still might not "pinpoint" their location but you could get a good idea of where he is 

• Upvote 1

itsaboutime

suppressed weapon (like an AK-74)  are 125-130DB with a suppressor ... (a normal shot is around 160 DB)  which is very loud.They are not supposed to be silent. They suppress SOME of the sound, alot of flash but they don't suppress the supersonic crack, the spring and moving parts in the gun and the gas escaping from the piston.

using subsonic ammo will tone it down a little but then you get lower velocities, which mean lower damage, penetration and massive drop at distance.

IRL, a suppressed gun is heard from FAAAAAAAAAAAAR away, stop believing movies!

ATM, suppressed weapon are too silent with full power ammo, they need some rework. 

• Upvote 1

marqs
vor 12 Minuten schrieb itsaboutime:

suppressed weapon (like an AK-74)  are 125-130DB with a suppressor ... (a normal shot is around 160 DB)  which is very loud.They are not supposed to be silent. They suppress SOME of the sound, alot of flash but they don't suppress the supersonic crack, the spring and moving parts in the gun and the gas escaping from the piston.

using subsonic ammo will tone it down a little but then you get lower velocities, which mean lower damage, penetration and massive drop at distance.

IRL, a suppressed gun is heard from FAAAAAAAAAAAAR away, stop believing movies!

ATM, suppressed weapon are too silent with full power ammo, they need some rework. 

Sounds pretty much like in the game for me, especially the first one, of course not the same silencers as ingame.

Edited by marqs

itsaboutime
1 hour ago, marqs said:

Sounds pretty much like in the game for me, especially the first one, of course not the same silencers as ingame.

yeah and that sound you will hear it from miles in open terrain when its dead silent (like tarkov) 

first video is also subsonic ammo, in game we have full power ammo (supersonic) Using subsonic ammo is quieter and less lethal (penetration/range are significantly reduced)

Camera and mic don't pic up how loud supressed weapon are. 130 DB is like a jack hammer. Would you not notice a jackhammer or car alarm from 10 meters? ... 

here's a little something understand how loud firearms are. Suppressed rifle play in the 125-135 DB range ... on the edge of earing damage.

0 dB    refrigerator 
50 - 75 dB washing machine
50 - 75 dB air conditioner 
50 - 80 dB electric shaver 
55 - 70 dB dishwasher 
60 - 85 dB vacuum cleaner 
60 - 95 dB hair dryer 
65 - 80 dB alarm clock 
75 - 85 dB flush toilet 
80 dB ringing telephone 
110 dB baby crying 
90 - 115 dB subway
95 - 110 dB motorcycle 
110 dB symphony concert 
110 dB car horn 
110 -120 dB rock concert 
112  dB CD player on high 
117 dB football game (stadium)
130 dB jackhammer, power drill 
130 dB Vigilant Personal Alarms
140 dB airplane taking off 
150 dB firecracker 
157 dB balloon pop 
162 dB fireworks (at 3 feet) 
163 dB rifle 
166 dB handgun 
170 dB shotgun

• Upvote 1

Wagonfixin
2 hours ago, marqs said:

Not to be rude or anything but in case you can't read the first video states the AK is cycling SUBSONIC ammo. The Tarkov devs have shot all these guns and recorded k get the sounds as close as possible to real life I do believe so I think they might have shot suppressed weapons with subsonic ammo and not realizing it. Considering how quiet suppressed are and all 

InfectedBrute
18 minutes ago, Wagonfixin said:

Not to be rude or anything but in case you can't read the first video states the AK is cycling SUBSONIC ammo. The Tarkov devs have shot all these guns and recorded k get the sounds as close as possible to real life I do believe so I think they might have shot suppressed weapons with subsonic ammo and not realizing it. Considering how quiet suppressed are and all 

it's more likely that they just haven't gotten around to forbidding suppressors with ultra sonic ammo or haven't given ultra sonic ammo their own sounds yet when silenced

TanithScout

I think what the OP is getting at is when you get killed by certain hackers. It's happened a lot to me lately (and my bro as we play together and sometimes they'll get both of us).

Certain hackers can lockon from insane distances and 1-2 shot you and within a second change targets and do the same to another player. I've noticed that you cannot hear these gunshots at all.

I've been killed by a hacker 5 times, and twice I have been able to get 100% proof. So I understand the OP however, the sound engine is too realistic at times and that confuses matters.

• Upvote 1

FunYun

Sound is buggy and footsteps often don't register, I would not be surprised is gunshots suffer the same problem.