• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anonymousREX

• DerpingWork

• JTGJackSparrow

• Davik_Heragon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do understand your concern. As a player myself and as person who regards people here as future friends, I can feel the anxiety perfectly. However, I'd like you to understand our position as wel

Bruh. GTA V PC got delayed 2 years after the initial console release. Duke Nukem Forever got delayed by almost a decade and came out looking a pile of garbage. Alan Wake got delayed by a sol

The reason the re-stream is taking so long is if you watched the initial stream you could see that there were some pretty catastrophic bugs in the system. I'm going to hazard a guess that there's a do

Posted Images

Patfast
18 minutes ago, anonymousREX said:

Only reason it hasnt run out is because im waiting for my mobo to get here. What say you fellas?

Bruh. GTA V PC got delayed 2 years after the initial console release.

Duke Nukem Forever got delayed by almost a decade and came out looking a pile of garbage.

Alan Wake got delayed by a solid 5 years.

STALKER came out in 2007 and we're still waiting for a sequel.

Half-Life 2 came out in 2004 and we're STILL waiting for HL3.

If you think waiting a few weeks for EFT is bad, I don't think you've been a gamer for very long.

Edited by Patfast
  • Upvote 7

Why do you think EoD is called EoD? You're on the front edge, facing darkness and silence. Be strong and endure it for a while more. Consider it a training of will, that shall lead you through all hardships of the escape.

Jokes aside, we're all eagerly awaiting the same things to happen. It's okay if you feel like you're at the patience end - I guess it's only natural. However, it would be a shame if you gave up now, after waiting so long.

It may be easy for me to say, since it's my job, and I have a superfluous source of optimism here, but... Nothing lasts forever, even the wait for the Alpha.

• Upvote 5
5 minutes ago, Patfast said:

Bruh. GTA V PC got delayed 2 years after the initial console release.

Duke Nukem Forever got delayed by almost a decade and came out looking a pile of garbage.

Alan Wake got delayed by a solid 5 years.

STALKER came out in 2007 and we're still waiting for a sequel.

Half-Life 2 came out in 2004 and we're STILL waiting for HL3.

If you think waiting a few weeks for EFT is bad, I don't think you've been a gamer for very long.

I never did understand the point of delaying an Alpha. Its NDA'd, which means nobody can stream it, or show gameplay anyways. It's not like Alpha/Beta will be a two week thing, either. This Alpha/Beta Test will most likely be a year long process. And that is fine.

The issue I am sure a lot are having is, this Alpha was the most expensive Alpha I have seen(Aside from the likes of Star Citizen) and we just aren't being told whats going on. Yeah, you can point toward Dev Diaries, but those are filler to what we really want to hear/know. I will admit, I too am losing patience, but I understand the end game. We all are going to work towards making this a great game. I am just anxious as hell to start this work.

• Upvote 1
Natalino
On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 10:28 PM, Bigfry said:

I never did understand the point of delaying an Alpha. Its NDA'd, which means nobody can stream it, or show gameplay anyways. It's not like Alpha/Beta will be a two week thing, either. This Alpha/Beta Test will most likely be a year long process. And that is fine.

The issue I am sure a lot are having is, this Alpha was the most expensive Alpha I have seen(Aside from the likes of Star Citizen) and we just aren't being told whats going on. Yeah, you can point toward Dev Diaries, but those are filler to what we really want to hear/know. I will admit, I too am losing patience, but I understand the end game. We all are going to work towards making this a great game. I am just anxious as hell to start this work.

Actually Alpha is expected to be a week or two and beta to be 1 to 2 month as far as I know. Even if its greater than that, its by couple of weeks or days. Not a year.

They want to release Alpha as almost a finished game and work on things to make it better. More like a BETA kind of ALPHA and END GAME kind of BETA and then add new stuff to the END GAME later on.

But like you said, I myself don't mind waiting for something I believe will be great.

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 10:10 PM, Claus said:

Why do you think EoD is called EoD? You're on the front edge, facing darkness and silence. Be strong and endure it for a while more. Consider it a training of will, that shall lead you through all hardships of the escape.

Jokes aside, we're all eagerly awaiting the same things to happen. It's okay if you feel like you're at the patience end - I guess it's only natural. However, it would be a shame if you gave up now, after waiting so long.

It may be easy for me to say, since it's my job, and I have a superfluous source of optimism here, but... Nothing lasts forever, even the wait for the Alpha.

Well Said!

• Upvote 1
Patfast
Just now, Bigfry said:

I never did understand the point of delaying an Alpha. Its NDA'd, which means nobody can stream it, or show gameplay anyways.

Lmao. NDAs mean nothing in 2016. Hitman 6 had an NDA but if you go on Youtube there are literally thousands of gameplay vids from the alpha. That sentiment can be applied to just about any other game with an NDA, because where there are rules, there are people who break them. And the last thing a publisher wants is for someone to leak bug-filled footage and have a big Youtube channel grab it and say "hey, this game looks like something that came out of my rectum after eating at Taco Bell, don't buy it"

1 minute ago, Bigfry said:

I'd view the $140 less as an alpha pass an more as a Kickstarter Lite. Game developers are starting to realize that Kickstarter is becoming less and less of an effective option due to the implications behind it, and as such they're turning to things like Steam Early Access.

• Upvote 1
TomatoDK

So, cause other games got delayed, its just fine to delay EFT ? :D
Lame excuses.
And you cay "a few weeks delay" ? This isnt just "a few weeks" anymore.
Stop defending them ffs and face the reality.

vicwiz007

im impatient for the restream. i dont think theres an excuse for whats going on; messing up the first one horribly due to no planning and then taking 2 weeks to make a new stream. im just so confused as to whats going on. its being handled very strangely.

i just hope beta is out before no mans sky or else ill be forced to choose betwene which 2 to play :/

DerpingWork

As i said once, patience is running out and in my opinion, whole Q1 and Alpha Release was a dumb move, which some of the devs may regret, some dont. The Q1 just split this forum into "Refund me devs" party and "Be patient" party, while most of people are impatient. 

Only thing that would be good to raise dying hype would be just a stupid video, or something like it. (Not meaning screens as they show only places)

So much for that, after my experience with delaying GTA V (from somewhere shortly after a start of new year to 4 months longer) I can pretty much feel if game is going to go out.

As for the devs, thanks Claus and TarkovEscaper for their communication with us, community cuz it would otherwise end badly.

As for the Alpha, the more delays, the more unhappy customers, more whining people, more refund parties and stuff.

I know we have to be patient but I'd really like to know what means the term "nearest future" in BSG Dev slang.

Most people pre-ordered EoD trusting Nikita Buyanov's honest words that alpha will happen in first quarter of 2016.

I still trust BSG, but broken promises remained.

anonymousREX
1 hour ago, Claus said:

This here is why some may feel the way I do. Yes, you being te developer knows exactly whats going on and of course you are also expected to be optimistic about it. But the problem you see, is us normal people that are clueless as to what's going on and why a re-stream is taking this long to push out. And theonly bit of information we do get is some screenshots and a skill detail list. All of this isnt really telling us about what is being worked on nor what has been accomplished or how close you are to being finished running whatever tests you are performing on the server/game/etc.. In conclusuion all WE want is a status update on whats being worked on while we wait. It's the least you all could do for us.

Edited by anonymousREX
  • Upvote 1
Cryptic Gamer

The reason the re-stream is taking so long is if you watched the initial stream you could see that there were some pretty catastrophic bugs in the system. I'm going to hazard a guess that there's a domino effect going on where they locate a bug, fix it, that fix breaks another portion of code and so on and so on. It's quite a common thing in programming.

As with anything with Pre-Order, if you can't afford to lose the money you put into it then don't put the money into it. Remember, just because you dropped some money doesn't mean they work for you. You know the T's & C's, you know that nothing they say is a promise and nothing is set in stone. They don't owe you or me or anyone else for that matter a damn thing. It's not even about patience any more, it's acceptance. Accept that this is how it's going to be and go about your life. When something noteworthy happens the information will be released.

And if you can't accept that then tough, you don't have a leg to stand on. Maybe think twice before making another pre-order, if something like this aggravates you then don't bother, life's too short to stress over stuff like this. 

And, so I don't have to make any edits. This is not aimed at any individuals in particular, this is aimed at the entire community. 

• Upvote 5
Drakkaar
48 minutes ago, Cryptic Gamer said:

The reason the re-stream is taking so long is if you watched the initial stream you could see that there were some pretty catastrophic bugs in the system. I'm going to hazard a guess that there's a domino effect going on where they locate a bug, fix it, that fix breaks another portion of code and so on and so on. It's quite a common thing in programming.

As with anything with Pre-Order, if you can't afford to lose the money you put into it then don't put the money into it. Remember, just because you dropped some money doesn't mean they work for you. You know the T's & C's, you know that nothing they say is a promise and nothing is set in stone. They don't owe you or me or anyone else for that matter a damn thing. It's not even about patience any more, it's acceptance. Accept that this is how it's going to be and go about your life. When something noteworthy happens the information will be released.

And if you can't accept that then tough, you don't have a leg to stand on. Maybe think twice before making another pre-order, if something like this aggravates you then don't bother, life's too short to stress over stuff like this. 

And, so I don't have to make any edits. This is not aimed at any individuals in particular, this is aimed at the entire community. 

Very well said.

Patiently waiting for the next bit of information :)

I'm currently waiting for Overwatch to open up for Beta and have other such things in life to keep me pre-occupied until the alpha's ready to be tested.

Hopefully the stream will show us some interesting stuff and we can ask and get some answers during it :)

ChaosTactical

It's such a shame patience is not a common trait in most people these days.

Alpha/Beta is going to come. You've waited this long, as mentioned above, it could be a helluva lot worse.

Stick with them and see your patience rewarded.

anonymousREX
33 minutes ago, ChaosTactical said:

It's such a shame patience is not a common trait in most people these days.

Alpha/Beta is going to come. You've waited this long, as mentioned above, it could be a helluva lot worse.

Stick with them and see your patience rewarded.

Its not just the waiting that people are upset about. Its the not knowing what's going on behind those doors since april 2nd. I'd even be satisfied with a weekly update. But nothing??? Theres 2 groups of people on the forums, the ones that ask questions devs have a hard time answering (witholding info, beat around the bush, etc) usually follows. And the ones that follow blindly and go with whatever the dev posts and not question it. Some of that actually correlates to real life. Im a person that wont take a generic answer as satisfying. Nor be overhyped by screenshots and some skill details.

• Upvote 3
Dragonslayer6160
10 hours ago, Patfast said:

So much this.

Seriously, to those that feel like they're running out of patience, get a life. Make it so that this game is not the only thing that matters or the only thing that you're looking forward to, and the wait would be so much easier. That's what I'm doing anyway.

The game would be ready, "when it's ready". I'm comfortable with this.

59 minutes ago, anonymousREX said:

Some of that actually correlates to real life.

I wouldn't go that far.

7 hours ago, Cryptic Gamer said:

It's not even about patience any more, it's acceptance. Accept that this is how it's going to be and go about your life. When something noteworthy happens the information will be released.

Now this is the attitude our community should have.

• Upvote 2
DerpingWork

Well there we go. 

Everyone has his own thinking that noone gonna change and everyone has his own level of hype and patience, which in some cases has decreased or increased. 

Everyone here arguments with that you should be patient but face it, finding a hobby in real life wont change a thing about thinking of a game which has no info about progress or upcoming streams. It's that everyone wants to play it already, those who have a lot of time are impatient and want it to happen, those who work hard and stuff dont care about release as long as it is going to be released.

14 hours ago, anonymousREX said:

why a re-stream is taking this long to push out

Like I mentioned so many times before, generic answers are given for a good reason. If we were the only game in the world, I'd be happy to make daily progress lists specifying to the last detail what the dev team has done today.

Right now I can only say that we are pounding the streaming build into shape it needs to be in for us to have a failsafe stream and Alpha soon enough afterwards. And by failsafe I do mean it. We don't want to have any more hangups, fillers, people going crazy in chat etc. We want to show the game just how it deserves to be shown. There are many aspects to cover - build stability, bug fixing, stream setup, testing, more testing, testing of stream quality on test channel, and a several more check runs after that to ensure everything goes well - and only after that we can make the announcement. Most likely, the weekend after, to be comfortable for most people.

As for the time, terms, dates: the development happens. Initial estimates get blown to pieces more often than not, sometimes because we lack in something and still learn, every day, even now. Sometimes just "for the glory of Satan". We have once made a mistake of giving the estimate dates (which were taken as promise by almost everyone), and, like failed stream, this is another mistake we don't want to repeat.

While I know that you are likely to take all of the above as just one more "beating around the bush", I still wanted to say that.

And yes, to everyone, both patient and impatient future players - you have believed in us and supported us so far, and we are really grateful to you for that. However your attitude will change, we will appreciate your attention to our game - it means you still care. 

Spoiler

Don't go breaking the rules, though. 

• Upvote 2
DerpingWork
34 minutes ago, JTGJackSparrow said:

Why does it seem no one has any patience anymore?

Look at it, they're feedig us with screenshots but no dates about alpha stream which like 95% of people care more than for just a few screens.

Also devs keep saying it will be soon but noone knows what this "soon" means.

People want refunds because of no game and they're being convinced to stay, and much, much more.

JTGJackSparrow

Projects do get delayed, at least the dev's are posting new info and status updates when possible, new screenshots of the current build and videos. If the project was just a few concept pictures and just a few words about the game then fair enough.

Independant games never make deadlines which is why they use the term 'approx' because there is always a bug or something that delays it. 

anonymousREX
1 hour ago, Claus said:

Like I mentioned so many times before, generic answers are given for a good reason. If we were the only game in the world, I'd be happy to make daily progress lists specifying to the last detail what the dev team has done today.

We're not asking for something to be uploaded daily. At least once a week where a dev says this is what we've accomplished so far. You've mentioned before that you wanted to restore the faith of the community. I guarantee if you try the above there will be a lot less angry people here. I've seen it happen before many times. Just take some time to let it soak in and see the bigger picture.

Edited by anonymousREX