Jump to content

instant death? hack or bug?


Recommended Posts

hey,

is anyone else experiencing instant death? i mean walking along (or chilling) and bam.. dead.. no shots fired, no stab, no nothing just dead. It's not exhaustion, or dehydration or any game mechanic i can make sense of. It happens at the start of games, in the middle, and right before i'm about to extract (most annoying), is this someone using a hack? or is it a game breaking bug? i have quit the game several times and not returned until the next day because of this issue. If its hackers, ban them, ban them all please, if its a bug.. please fix it, im growing real tired of this issue that happens once a day minimum (in about a 1-2 hour gaming session)

Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I also confirm this has happened to me, 

just recently my mate and I were walking around in woods, I was fully kitted. Head armour and paca.

dropped instantly next to him,

no armour degraded at all.

got my gear back but just +1'ing this post

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LethalsLoaded

Try and capture a video of it. You usually hear the grenade landing but not the explosion if that's the case.

Also silenced headshot one-tap is usually hacker-like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AngryBear37

Happens to me on all maps, noclip hackers and aimbots, 2 tap pistoliers as i tend to call them.. hell even the AI is legit cheating in that way with uber reflexes because 'realism' which doesnt work in any game.. as human players you can never match that type of precision or speed.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem

This has happened to me once, but after some irritation, and going back to the spot where I died I think I've realized what it was. 

Just like you I just died out of nowhere. I had scanned my sectors, cleared the SCAV's nearby, and was sitting behind cover (on Customs) and I just died. It even said "Missing in action" (even though the timer still had a good 30 minutes left on the raid). 

My first hypothesis was that I simply died to dehydration or lack of energy, but I had recorded it, and in my inventory check I had 81 water and 100 energy. My second hypothesis was that I had been shot by the sniper SCAV on the roof. 

But now I think I know what it is.

It's the sudden inescapable depressing realization that we're all going to die, now made manifest. :P

  • Cold 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lewisuk said:

Grenades can sometimes make no noise. 

What maps do you play on/does this happen?

i play factory a lot, happens there mostly, but has happened on customs too.

 

5 hours ago, LethalsLoaded said:

Try and capture a video of it. You usually hear the grenade landing but not the explosion if that's the case.

Also silenced headshot one-tap is usually hacker-like.

i will certaining try to capture some video

 

5 hours ago, AngryBear37 said:

Happens to me on all maps, noclip hackers and aimbots, 2 tap pistoliers as i tend to call them.. hell even the AI is legit cheating in that way with uber reflexes because 'realism' which doesnt work in any game.. as human players you can never match that type of precision or speed.

 

 

lol.. i feel you on the AI, their reaction time is super-human

 

5 hours ago, African_Plz said:

No your just bad at the game

don't need you here, troll.. thanks for your useless comment

 

5 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

This has happened to me once, but after some irritation, and going back to the spot where I died I think I've realized what it was. 

Just like you I just died out of nowhere. I had scanned my sectors, cleared the SCAV's nearby, and was sitting behind cover (on Customs) and I just died. It even said "Missing in action" (even though the timer still had a good 30 minutes left on the raid). 

My first hypothesis was that I simply died to dehydration or lack of energy, but I had recorded it, and in my inventory check I had 81 water and 100 energy. My second hypothesis was that I had been shot by the sniper SCAV on the roof. 

But now I think I know what it is.

It's the sudden inescapable depressing realization that we're all going to die, now made manifest. :P

haha i like your conclusion

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
theonefreeman91
9 hours ago, African_Plz said:

No your just bad at the game

Quality post there.

OP, I've had a couple istances of this, mostly ending with it saying I killed myself. I attribute it either hacking, or desync. But I make no such hard claim on the former as I have no solid proof.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Protodead

I too have experienced this. No sound, all alone and dropped dead. The death screen just had my name, no" killed by" such and such. Just my name.... Either a hacker or a bug. I'm guessing the former from what my friends have experienced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Verrucht said:

same and would have thought the same but the after action review says i just died no cause...

 

2 hours ago, theonefreeman91 said:

Quality post there.

OP, I've had a couple istances of this, mostly ending with it saying I killed myself. I attribute it either hacking, or desync. But I make no such hard claim on the former as I have no solid proof.

 

3 minutes ago, Protodead said:

I too have experienced this. No sound, all alone and dropped dead. The death screen just had my name, no" killed by" such and such. Just my name.... Either a hacker or a bug. I'm guessing the former from what my friends have experienced.

same happens to me, no 'killed by' on the death screen. i have seen plenty of people die to a single headshot with a silenced gun, which could explain the death, but in that case you'd surely have the 'killed by' player named on the death screen as you have mentioned. at this point i dont know what to think, going to try and get some video of this phenomenon tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...