Discharging while reloading

Elemetsup

Suggesting that you should have the ability to fire you gun while reloading as in real life PMC & Military Personnel usually leave a round in the chamber of their gun to shoot at someone midst of an reload to keep them safe & etc.

• Upvote 3

6 минут назад, WackoDesperado сказал:

Agreed, also cancelling shotgun reloads

If you press fire button during reload pomp shotgun, it will stop reloading.

52 минуты назад, Elemetsup сказал:

Suggesting that you should have the ability to fire you gun while reloading as in real life PMC & Military Personnel usually leave a round in the chamber of their gun to shoot at someone midst of an reload to keep them safe & etc.

How in the middle of a fight you can count remaining bullets in a mag? If you can count bullets in AR you are not in an intense gunfight and could reload safely... Snipers don't have such problem I guess (as well as any kind of usage in EFT).

1 hour ago, skyf1re said:

How in the middle of a fight you can count remaining bullets in a mag? If you can count bullets in AR you are not in an intense gunfight and could reload safely...

I've seen a bunch of methods, depending on the military or contractor. Some count the bursts (say you have a 30 round mag, fire in 4-5 round bursts, count to six before reload). The more experienced you are, the less bullets will be left unused.

Others advocate smart placement of tracer rounds, first two tracers to show your squadmates where you're shooting at, another tracer at half-empty, and the final tracer before last two ball rounds.

Not to mention, transparent mags or side slits or holes help with this.

• Upvote 1

13 минуты назад, mockingbird сказал:

I've seen a bunch of methods, depending on the military or contractor. Some count the bursts (say you have a 30 round mag, fire in 4-5 round bursts, count to six before reload). The more experienced you are, the less bullets will be left unused.

Others advocate smart placement of tracer rounds, first two tracers to show your squadmates where you're shooting at, another tracer at half-empty, and the final tracer before last two ball rounds.

Not to mention, transparent mags or side slits or holes help with this.

My position is still the same - if you can notice tracer bullets, have time to check transparent mag (or special window at a mag) - you are not in intense gunfight and can reload in cover safely (without keeping a bullet in chamber just in case). In real warfare you definitely would not reload a gun in any harsh situation. And I recommend not doing this in game as well :) 

1 час назад, WackoDesperado сказал:

Yes but I mean like drop the shell and fire not finish the current one

If you mean dropping shell in hand yes, that kinda can be implemented, but not that necessary. If you mean hand with loading shell already in a mag, you will loose your fingers if you start firing right away, if shotgun will shoot ofc (without jamming).

23 minutes ago, skyf1re said:

My position is still the same - if you can notice tracer bullets, have time to check transparent mag (or special window at a mag) - you are not in intense gunfight and can reload in cover safely (without keeping a bullet in chamber just in case). In real warfare you definitely would not reload a gun in any harsh situation. And I recommend not doing this in game as well :) 

If you mean dropping shell in hand yes, that kinda can be implemented, but not that necessary. If you mean hand with loading shell already in a mag, you will loose your fingers if you start firing right away, if shotgun will shoot ofc (without jamming).

Why wouldn't you reload a gun in a harsh situation? In a life or death situation I want bullets in my gun to protect myself so yea I'm going to reload while i'm getting shot at. Being able to cancel shotgun/revolver load animations is extremely important, maybe you only got time to put 2 shells in before someone comes around the corner. Without a reload cancel your stuck putting in the other 2-6 shells until the gun is fully reloaded and you are screwed. If you struggle to see tracer rounds then you need to expand your tunnel vision, even in a 2v2 firefight they stick out like a sore thumb.

Edited by CTWombat

It is.

If your life is on the line you would drop whatever.

You should be able to shoot at a moments notice to save your life

8 часов назад, CTWombat сказал:

Why wouldn't you reload a gun in a harsh situation? In a life or death situation I want bullets in my gun to protect myself so yea I'm going to reload while i'm getting shot at. Being able to cancel shotgun/revolver load animations is extremely important, maybe you only got time to put 2 shells in before someone comes around the corner. Without a reload cancel your stuck putting in the other 2-6 shells until the gun is fully reloaded and you are screwed. If you struggle to see tracer rounds then you need to expand your tunnel vision, even in a 2v2 firefight they stick out like a sore thumb.

In a life and death situation one bullet in a chamber definitely would not help you after burning up a whole mag. That's why you have a pistol in a holster and a belt on your rifle :) Most special forces (afaik) trained to drop the rifle and unzip the pistol in such scenario (when enemy approach your cover while you reloading).

Edited by skyf1re

In a life and death situation one bullet in a chamber definitely would not help you after burning up a whole mag. That's why you have a pistol in a holster and a belt on your rifle :) Most special forces (afaik) trained to drop the rifle and unzip the pistol in such scenario (when enemy approach your cover while you reloading).

I know one wouldnt help. Im saying you should drop your rifle on the ground but they dont have a way to do that

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, skyf1re said:

Ever heard of 1 taps? all you need is 1 bullet to kill someone would it be you shot them in the heart & etc.

On 9/4/2017 at 0:12 PM, skyf1re said:

How in the middle of a fight you can count remaining bullets in a mag? If you can count bullets in AR you are not in an intense gunfight and could reload safely... Snipers don't have such problem I guess (as well as any kind of usage in EFT).

Well, in this game, mastery will allow you to know exactly how many rounds are in your mag when you alt+t.

OP:

This is a good suggestion. It does not attempt to make the game easier, for those who didn't research what they were getting into. :P 

13 minutes ago, Elemetsup said:

Ever heard of 1 taps? all you need is 1 bullet to kill someone would it be you shot them in the heart & etc.

Yeah, single taps are amazing. Those poor bastards in Britain had it rough with either freezing cold and scalding hot water.

Instead, here's what you actually do to make sure the other guy is neutralized in CQB, you will notice that one bullet does not cut it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozambique_Drill

4 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Yeah, single taps are amazing. Those poor bastards in Britain had it rough with either freezing cold and scalding hot water.

Instead, here's what you actually do to make sure the other guy is neutralized in CQB, you will notice that one bullet does not cut it:

One bullet does not cut it? you sure there or have you experienced getting shot in the brains?

It's weird how people are giving a negative image towards this amazing suggestion that can save many lives it's almost as if their giving a reason for the game developers to forget & abandon such a suggestion

7 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, skyf1re said:

4 minutes ago, Elemetsup said:

One bullet does not cut it? you sure there or have you experienced getting shot in the brains?

I know redding is teh hard, but if you actually bothered to read the link you would learn that this is indeed the case. Hence people actually trained to kill with guns tend to go for a double tap at least.

Furthermore, the head is a difficult target and it's possible for the skull to deflect the bullet unless you hit it just right, and no shooter aside from Konter Strike can guarantee that. This doesn't even take into account drugs and armor.

The "negative image" is there to show that we're talking about niche scenarios. It's not a supermove that is utterly necessary to have in the game, it's more of a hail mary that works maybe once in a thousand tries.

1 minute ago, mockingbird said:

I know redding is teh hard, but if you actually bothered to read the link you would learn that this is indeed the case. Hence people actually trained to kill with guns tend to go for a double tap at least.

Furthermore, the head is a difficult target and it's possible for the skull to deflect the bullet unless you hit it just right, and no shooter aside from Konter Strike can guarantee that. This doesn't even take into account drugs and armor.

The "negative image" is there to show that we're talking about niche scenarios. It's not a supermove that is utterly necessary to have in the game, it's more of a hail mary that works maybe once in a thousand tries.

This is a discussion & suggestion about having the ability to shoot a gun ONCE in 1 second after the reload is done, not about shooting MULTIPLE times & etc.

Hopefully I don't have to repeat this Reply to anyone else

Yes. I am sorry that not everyone is enthusiastic about the idea and would rather the devs focus on something else. I also hope we helped to clear some misconceptions about the practicality of the "one tap." It's called discussion, look it up.

30 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Yes. I am sorry that not everyone is enthusiastic about the idea and would rather the devs focus on something else. I also hope we helped to clear some misconceptions about the practicality of the "one tap." It's called discussion, look it up.

Don't know if your trolling, not understanding or a Narcissist a headshot is the 100% most reliable and practical way to Kill another with a Firearm and said headshot can be performed with one shot and all the guns in this game Kill on a headshot
or hitting their facial if they have a bullet-resistant helmet

Your way off the discussion and it is starting to feel like your doubting or against the thought of a headshot killing a person
ONE TAP means when your first shot on your opponent land in their head causing a Headshot which is a sudden death

and this discussion once again is about having the ability to discharge a round while reloading be it in a chamber if you'd like
we can have a check box for you to disable this lifesaving feature at your consent

this is not the discussion where we talk about Tactics where you have a full magazine and multiple rounds to perform a said Mozambique Technique & etc. but about having one round left in the chamber

3 часа назад, Elemetsup сказал:

It's weird how people are giving a negative image towards this amazing suggestion that can save many lives it's almost as if their giving a reason for the game developers to forget & abandon such a suggestion

What you are trying to suggest is shooting 1 bullet from chamber while reloading. This is NOT an amazing suggestion because :

1) In a large-scale warfare average bullet count on 1 soldier kill is 10.000, if wikipedia is not wrong. Your 1 bullet in chamber barely do so. Ofc in local conflicts (as Tarkov is) it is way lower, but still.

2) If you are in a middle of a gunfight IRL you will NOT reload your gun without cover, you will take pistol OR run for cover, mostly second one.

3) If you are hiding behind the cover reloading and enemy approaches you - you probably would miss that 1 kept bullet in the chamber. Because you are engaged. Anyway while RELOADING, you are putting your finger OFF the trigger. It's called trigger discipline. And your gun DEFINITELY not pointing corner, where enemy could be. Can you imagine reloading while pointing gun on possible enemy engaging position? It will make swapping mag very uncomfortable.

4) Some firearms have lock on firing without a mag. Just so you know. Don't ask me why it was implemented, I don't know.

We are not giving a negative image for this feature, it is just not THAT necessary right now in the game. As well as it is really not that amazing and definitely not saving many lives (as IRL, as EFT point of view).

To recap:

You need to be able to cancel a reload by either shooting or switching guns.
You need to be able to stand up (from proned position) while reloading: this should cancel the reload.
Whenever opening your inventory, opening/closing door or pressing F (default interact hotkey) in general, the reload should be cancelled. 

At the moment you can, for example, unlock a door with a key, while reloading a shotgun. I tried to unlock a door with a key, while both my hands were occupied. Impossibru.
Any action you do or take, other then moving (except prone to stance) should cancel the current reload. Not because it's making the nubs being able to shoot more, but because it's reallife. And "omg EFT is so realistic".

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:39 PM, skyf1re said:

What you are trying to suggest is shooting 1 bullet from chamber while reloading. This is NOT an amazing suggestion because :

1) In a large-scale warfare average bullet count on 1 soldier kill is 10.000, if wikipedia is not wrong. Your 1 bullet in chamber barely do so. Ofc in local conflicts (as Tarkov is) it is way lower, but still.

2) If you are in a middle of a gunfight IRL you will NOT reload your gun without cover, you will take pistol OR run for cover, mostly second one.

3) If you are hiding behind the cover reloading and enemy approaches you - you probably would miss that 1 kept bullet in the chamber. Because you are engaged. Anyway while RELOADING, you are putting your finger OFF the trigger. It's called trigger discipline. And your gun DEFINITELY not pointing corner, where enemy could be. Can you imagine reloading while pointing gun on possible enemy engaging position? It will make swapping mag very uncomfortable.

4) Some firearms have lock on firing without a mag. Just so you know. Don't ask me why it was implemented, I don't know.

We are not giving a negative image for this feature, it is just not THAT necessary right now in the game. As well as it is really not that amazing and definitely not saving many lives (as IRL, as EFT point of view).

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, Elemetsup said:

On 9/4/2017 at 3:24 PM, skyf1re said:

What wars have you fought in?

42 минуты назад, SirSnipeys сказал:

What wars have you fought in?

Shimonoseki Campaign (1863–1864). How would you check if something Iam saying is true? You have access to all military archives? 

P.S. You know why military vets blur faces on photos from conflict locations?