How Does the wipe reset the inventory

Wagonfixin

So I just bought this game and caught wind about the wipe. Now all I was wondering was does the wipe reset the ineventory to default with the 6 pistols couple backpacks and bandages. Or does it just reset it 

JAGUAR1950

On a patch update and wipe your inventory is reset to your original settings on purchase depending on your package and contents. This will happen each and every time a NEW patch is uploaded by the Developers during the BETA testing phase. Unless stated otherwise by the Dev’s.

16 minutes ago, JAGUAR1950 said:

On a patch update and wipe your inventory is reset to your original settings on purchase depending on your package and contents. This will happen each and every time a NEW patch is uploaded by the Developers during the BETA testing phase. Unless stated otherwise by the Dev’s.

Alright thanks for the clarification have a nice day comrade

PhineasWhipsnde

I know I asked this elsewhere, but since we're on the topic, what benefit(s) does it serve to wipe inventory?

Not being critical--just curious; I'm sure it must have some advantages for the dev process or something?

ShiroTenshi
4 minutes ago, PhineasWhipsnde said:

I know I asked this elsewhere, but since we're on the topic, what benefit(s) does it serve to wipe inventory?

Not being critical--just curious; I'm sure it must have some advantages for the dev process or something?

Changes to item spawning, loot economy, loot tables, rarity of items, trader standings and inventories and most importantly new features that tie into the above can be best tested from a fresh start, as re-balancing, changing or adding one of those affects the player experience.To get the best data on if it has improved or not compared to previous iterations, you need to observe the progression from the start all over again.

For example, the next patch will most likely add the quest system. Since this is heavily tied to the traders and the reputation you have with them (Do missions for one you get some rep with him, but lose it for one of the other traders for example), it would not make any sense to not wipe when people are already running around with maxed out trader levels and not be able to properly test.

• Upvote 2
PhineasWhipsnde

OK, that helps--thanks!

Would be nice if we could at least keep a few keys, but...I know, I know. ;) I just need the skill set of Kotton, and then no wipe will ever bother me. :)

Edited by PhineasWhipsnde