AODqw97

The weather in Tarkov

AODqw97

This is some fanboy type love, so if you don't like the look of it, don't look at it..

I would like to commend and congratulate the devs for the weather effects in game and what I believe may be more recent improvements to it as well. 
Our group were in a few raids last night and this was a big subject of discussion. The weather effects never cease to amaze us, from beautiful red sunrises with the mist burning off over the horizon through the woods. To the wind effects and the swaying of the fauna and trees (albeit slightly too much sway at distance at this time we feel).
the raindrops on the guns and your screen are so immersive and well animated they look so beliveable.
Last night iced the cake for us, torrential rain, thunder and lightning with water running down the screen, a real droning noise to accompany which works both for and against you. We were just blown away with this, absolutely the best weather effects of any game, ever!
Weather systems and effects are something that so many other titles have never managed to recreate but BSG has really nailed it.

Well done devs, I look forward to much more of the same going forward.

Edited by AODqw97
  • Upvote 3

Usmarine1984

I agree, the weather they have implemented is amazing and feels real! I had a side question relating to the weather in regards to night time. Does anyone know how the AI "see's" you at night? I've tried a few offline night missions where its practically pitch black, I would creep up on a SVAV as quiet as possible, they would kill me before I could see them.. Any thoughts? But back to the weather, Great job with the Weather Devs! :)

AODqw97

I'd suggest they they dont 'actually' see you.. obviously, but it's an algorithm that has certain perameters reduced by low gamma, such as thier view distance, accuracy and aural detection.

Edited by AODqw97

slackpanda

You must have low standards or not played many games with proper weather systems. To clame this game has the best weather effects in any game ever is laughable in the extreme. There is nothing special about the weather effects at all. GTA 5 has impressive weather, this isn't even in the same ball park. I can think of countless other games with more impressive weather systems as well.

The rain looks lol, the sunsets are ridiculously over the top and always the same, the cloudy weather basically makes the entire game grey, and not in a good way like say GTA where overcast looks amazing.

Soz but you can't have played many games with weather if you were blown away by this 

Edited by slackpanda

Lightel
14 minutes ago, slackpanda said:

You must have low standards or not played many games with proper weather systems. To clame this game has the best weather effects in any game ever is laughable in the extreme. There is nothing special about the weather effects at all. GTA 5 has impressive weather, this isn't even in the same ball park. I can think of countless other games with more impressive weather systems as well.

The rain looks lol, the sunsets are ridiculously over the top and always the same, the cloudy weather basically makes the entire game grey, and not in a good way like say GTA where overcast looks amazing.

Soz but you can't have played many games with weather if you were blown away by this 

Just look at the game: It is impressive, here is the topic

PhineasWhipsnde

The weather effects are pretty good, I must say, but one minor issue I've noticed is rain drops coming through some buildings (e.g. portable/guard cabins--might be intentional)?

As to the grey skies making everything look grey--happens in real life. Here in Indiana especially, there is what they call "permacloud" where the skies (and everything around you) has a grey filter on it. Can happen for weeks at a time without sunshine:

https://jennifruit.blogspot.com/2008/11/south-bend-permacloud-has-arrived.html

Not saying I like the grey permacloud and rain in EfT; I hate it (as most people do) because it's almost too realistic for where I live. I would love to see the return of blue skies and sunshine in-game--just more pleasant to play in..!

Edited by PhineasWhipsnde
  • Upvote 1

Protodead
10 hours ago, AODqw97 said:

This is some fanboy type love, so if you don't like the look of it, don't look at it..

I would like to commend and congratulate the devs for the weather effects in game and what I believe may be more recent improvements to it as well. 
Our group were in a few raids last night and this was a big subject of discussion. The weather effects never cease to amaze us, from beautiful red sunrises with the mist burning off over the horizon through the woods. To the wind effects and the swaying of the fauna and trees (albeit slightly too much sway at distance at this time we feel).
the raindrops on the guns and your screen are so immersive and well animated they look so beliveable.
Last night iced the cake for us, torrential rain, thunder and lightning with water running down the screen, a real droning noise to accompany which works both for and against you. We were just blown away with this, absolutely the best weather effects of any game, ever!
Weather systems and effects are something that so many other titles have never managed to recreate but BSG has really nailed it.

Well done devs, I look forward to much more of the same going forward.

I concur my cohort, I can't wait to see the snow!!

AODqw97
5 hours ago, slackpanda said:

I've only played this and Mr.Do's Castle in 38 years, I've no idea.