PhineasWhipsnde

Request for better AS Val ammo access

PhineasWhipsnde

If I may, I would like to make what I feel is an objective suggestion regarding improved access to the 9x39 ammo for the AS Val. Here's why:

I recently managed to "snipe-buy" an AS Val from Fence's inventory a few days ago--felt very fortunate about it, actually, seeing as it's a highly-sought after gun. But at level 21, no ammo is available from Prapor for it. Yes, I'm working on my leveling, but it takes a fair amount of time--that some players don't always have a lot of, but still want to enjoy the game and what they've legitimately acquired (esp. before stash wipes, etc.). I managed to snag 30 rounds of ammo for it (again, from Fence), but it's taken two days (read: many hours of Fence camping) since 9x39 ammo crate loot spawn is so rare, it's practically non-existent.

Now, just last night, while playing as a Scav, I was doubly lucky and found an AS Val sitting on the desk in the gas station extraction room. This isn't a sob story, but again, no ammo for it.

My point is: I don't think it's an unreasonable request to make the 9x39 ammo a little more accessible somehow for players who legitimately obtain one or more of this weapon (or VSS) and yet are not yet at level 29. What point is there in a new player who gets lucky and finds an AS Val via player Scav run only to let the gun sit there and collect dust until weeks or months later when he manages to get to level 29?

If the AS Val's damage level is such that it's too high for new players to have much usable access to via ammo, then remove it completely from ever being sold via Fence, and don't spawn it on the table in the gas station extraction room. Or, make ammo access easier, but slightly reduce the damage it does, since many players consider it an OP gun anyway. IMO, it could still be adequately powerful and fun for everyone without limiting usable access to it via its ammo availability.

Edited by PhineasWhipsnde

FenrirInu

Well the original setting is "Everything is scarce, weapon and ammo."

But since the economy is bloated, everyone has an arsenal and easy access to traders, things didn't turn out as it should.

Scav AI has ridiculous ammo for shotguns, and pistol. (Being the main shotgun and shotgun ammo supplier)

There should be a "Should i bring m4 with FMJ ammo, 1-2 mag maybe".

Not 2x60 mag full a nd 400 rounds in chest. Every ammo (expect pistol) should behave like AS Val ammo does now. Scarce and important.

But i don't believe things will change, specially after release (no more wipes).

Currently the game is a sandbox shooter with RPG elements, but with many many issues.

ComradeBurris
8 hours ago, PhineasWhipsnde said:

If I may, I would like to make what I feel is an objective suggestion regarding improved access to the 9x39 ammo for the AS Val. Here's why:

I recently managed to "snipe-buy" an AS Val from Fence's inventory a few days ago--felt very fortunate about it, actually, seeing as it's a highly-sought after gun. But at level 21, no ammo is available from Prapor for it. Yes, I'm working on my leveling, but it takes a fair amount of time--that some players don't always have a lot of, but still want to enjoy the game and what they've legitimately acquired (esp. before stash wipes, etc.). I managed to snag 30 rounds of ammo for it (again, from Fence), but it's taken two days (read: many hours of Fence camping) since 9x39 ammo crate loot spawn is so rare, it's practically non-existent.

Now, just last night, while playing as a Scav, I was doubly lucky and found an AS Val sitting on the desk in the gas station extraction room. This isn't a sob story, but again, no ammo for it.

My point is: I don't think it's an unreasonable request to make the 9x39 ammo a little more accessible somehow for players who legitimately obtain one or more of this weapon (or VSS) and yet are not yet at level 29. What point is there in a new player who gets lucky and finds an AS Val via player Scav run only to let the gun sit there and collect dust until weeks or months later when he manages to get to level 29?

If the AS Val's damage level is such that it's too high for new players to have much usable access to via ammo, then remove it completely from ever being sold via Fence, and don't spawn it on the table in the gas station extraction room. Or, make ammo access easier, but slightly reduce the damage it does, since many players consider it an OP gun anyway. IMO, it could still be adequately powerful and fun for everyone without limiting usable access to it via its ammo availability.

AS Val and VSS are elite Spetsnaz weapons access to 9x39 is very scarce the Russians are quite tight lipt about it in real life since this is tactical access to that kind of hardware should be made rare! Technically speak AS Val is the best gun in the whole game! 82 damage per shot with SP5.

It's usability is very smooth you unlock it at rank 29 it's a high end gun it isn't ment to be unlocked early? You should sell it or wait till your 29.

PhineasWhipsnde

The argument of scarcity is totally negated when the weapon itself is useless.

Anyway, I just lost it thanks to another <expletive> cheater who insta-spawned right next to me inside a closed guard cabin. Shooting him at literally point-blank range with the AS Val of course does no damage to him; he shoots me and kills me. He'll get banned, I'm sure--but what does he care? He's already had his fun screwing up yet another player's game.

Seriously. What else is new for this game?

Cfxsquad

Same here :). Still haven't got the ammo.. 

• Sad 1

rix5
On 7.9.2017 at 8:24 PM, FenrirInu said:

Well the original setting is "Everything is scarce, weapon and ammo."

But since the economy is bloated, everyone has an arsenal and easy access to traders, things didn't turn out as it should.

Scav AI has ridiculous ammo for shotguns, and pistol. (Being the main shotgun and shotgun ammo supplier)

There should be a "Should i bring m4 with FMJ ammo, 1-2 mag maybe".

Not 2x60 mag full a nd 400 rounds in chest. Every ammo (expect pistol) should behave like AS Val ammo does now. Scarce and important.

But i don't believe things will change, specially after release (no more wipes).

Currently the game is a sandbox shooter with RPG elements, but with many many issues.

Our casual gamers of 12-years-old won't be able to handle the scarcity. They'll throw fits over it. A lot of them. Sure it would be the MUCH better game but people just aren't ready for it. Maybe next decade ... right now they want another Battlefield or something along those lines. But real inovation is too hard to handle for many. Now let's see what the devs will do; stick to the original genius vision, make a legendary game or cave in to popular demand and make a shallow game? This will be interesting to watch. 

But then again: the anticheat isn't good enough to support such a scarce economy right now  because such a scarce environment needs to be airtight for cheaters and other suckers of that kind which isn't the case right now. Also the hatchet needs a nerf before that can happen. 

Edited by rix5

PhineasWhipsnde

Hey, I get it--it's supposed to be "hard to get" ammo, but I think it's been taken a bit too far.

The AS Val that spawns in the gas station extract room could at least come with 20 rounds of SP-5 ammo; or they could just bump up the random ammo crate spawn rate from 10% chance to 15- or 20% chance...would still tick off your COD players while giving serious players a chance.