12 hours ago, Smok_91 said:

ehkm no.

AKM was developed since early 50s and came to mass production around 1958. AK-47 mas made in only few thousand rifles for TESTING by army. original AK-47 had problems with mechanisms and trigger assembly (and little bit with accuracy). thats why soviets at first did not give up with SKS production. since AKM, this rifle became basis of land forces arms in CCCP.

Wrong again, like I said the AKM, aka the Type 4 pattern of the AK-47 rifle design did not even enter production until 1959, The AK itself was accepted into service with the USSR by 1949. the Type 1 and earlier Type 2 pattern AK rifles were the "test" variants, but later Type 2 and Type 3 were made in such numbers by the USSR that the only reason more AKMs exist that Type 2 and Type 3 patterns in the world isn't because of the USSR themselves, but the combination of their own manufacturing + the massive amount of countries and illicit workshops who copied the design pretty much all copied the Type 4 "AKM" pattern, licensed or otherwise.

• Upvote 3

5a08cc06b5de9_2017-11-1217-07(0).thumb.png.6aec34329f04541c94a5bc56e9f8a8f1.png@TarkovEscaper the SKS tactical usage it broken, doesnt work for any laser sight or flashlight. when pressing T it shows a cursor for a split second and thats all.

also, the animation is broken with the combination of the Eotech 553 holographic sight and the pso scope. looking through the pso scope should be blocked by the holo but for some reason you can still see through it. any other holo sight blocks the scope. <example below>5a08cc14bad59_2017-11-1217-31_-40.1-3.3-137.3_-0_10.60_10.8(0).thumb.png.ff025bc5d0ec000310d7240e29338e63.png

5a08cc1f1b25f_2017-11-1217-32_-46.8-6.3-123.1_-0_10.80_10.5(0).thumb.png.069d8a9d4836bb49bd7c173a6ed1770e.png

On 11/2/2017 at 1:11 PM, DrakeVanders said:

It's likely because the two different variants are Civilian version and a Military Surplus Version. The one used by Scav's is the Molot SKS-OP which is an SKS tailored for Hunting, the one Skier sells is likely an old surplus variant and incompatible with many attachments.

Furthermore when will we see the actual stripper clipped variants of the SKS? I presume around the same time Scav's will start carrying them in regular combat instead as a sniper weapon?

I'd love to see the SKS with the stripper clip! The Tapco conversions are reliable... but horribly slow, since the bolt locks the magazines inside while in the forward position. The SKS with clips would load much faster. It doesn't make sense that Scavs use the Tapco SKS anyway, but I'm sure it's a placeholder for now.

On 11/16/2017 at 2:29 AM, Sushi said:

I'd love to see the SKS with the stripper clip! The Tapco conversions are reliable... but horribly slow, since the bolt locks the magazines inside while in the forward position. The SKS with clips would load much faster. It doesn't make sense that Scavs use the Tapco SKS anyway, but I'm sure it's a placeholder for now.

It was mentioned that Tapco is a placeholder. Furthermore somewhere there was info that upon purchase of the SKS from the trader - we will get a randomized version. Meaning - some will be Tapco type and some - stripper type.

• Like 1

I love the SKS but would enjoy seeing the different mag variants in game one day or more interesting stock types like solid black or something along those lines. SKS needs a bayonet mount it would be absolutly sick to charge someone with a bayonet. :)

1 hour ago, ghostZ06 said:

not in 2028 it wouldnt 

Yes because it's not like the USSR produced over 6 million alone or anything, they just all vanished. so did all the clones.

Which is why they appear in insurgencies and warzones to this day.

On 4/26/2016 at 3:26 PM, Patfast said:

30 rounder doesn't work as well since the bipod is rendered unusable. Seriously, look how short that damn bipod is lmfao.

Didn't read all of the thread yet... but basically you could still use that thing in a window, on a table, or ledge.. you just couldn't use it in prone. You dig? My guy? :D

On 7/20/2017 at 1:26 PM, PotatoWarriah said:

@chacalex34 I have dovetail mount and SKS and same problem :)

As far as I know, in current version of game you cannot put mount on standard SKS, you need to buy hunting version of SKS which comes with mount.

You need to buy the Axion Cobra Rail from Prapor level 1 then u can put a scope on it. This only applys to the OP-SKS.

2018-01-05[11-27] (0).png

16 minutes ago, Elektrooo said:

You need to buy the Axion Cobra Rail from Prapor level 1 then u can put a scope on it. This only applys to the OP-SKS.

2018-01-05[11-27] (0).png

You missed the topic. When you have OP SKS then you can put any rail/optic that attaches to dovetail mount (if there is no mount you can also buy one from Skier). His question was related to standard (non-hunting) version of SKS which does not have ability to attach dovetail.

Just bumping this. A tactical pistol grip base would be a nice addition. Or atleast the ability to add vert grips to the quad rail attachment!

edit cause i just seen the last post. There is a railed dust cover for the sks. !

Edited by eikotehmouse

On 4/26/2016 at 8:00 PM, TarkovEscaper said:

Name: SKS
Type: semi-automatic carbine
Country of origin: USSR/Russia
Produced: 1945(9) - 1950+
Variants: SKS, ОП СКС, МР-163 (ОП – СКС), another variants with external magazines.
Caliber: 7.62x39
Action:  short gas piston
Feed system: internal 10rds magazine (clip or manual loading), external box magazines in some variants
Customization: Muzzle devices, gas block, rear sight, magazine, mounts and rails for attachments. Another modules in some variants.

SKS (Simonov semi-automatic carbine) pretty popular weapon around the globe, because of its cheap price and simplicity.
Despite its honorable age and because of wide spectre of improvements it can effectively compete with modern weapons of its class.

Special thanks to:

@Sam_ for providing assistance and information.

GckkcfGG18M.jpg

NzqNYqE3RHQ.jpg

so will we see this fixed mag variant in the game? i think aesthetically this is more pleasing, but it could just be my inner dayz fan seeping out a little.

sorry if this question has been previously answered. i couldn't see it myself.

Thanks y'all  

This weapon needs to get nerfed - A DMR which is cheaper than all Sniper rifles & does more dmg and shoots faster than all Sniper rifles. Doesnt make any sence.

HOW ABOUT NERFING THIS ducking RETARDED OP GUN?!

I mean, it rapes your fort, obscore and what not. Cheap to buy, rapes anything on close range, no bullet drop on range.

Closeup point black shotgun, 4 shots in the head, before you kill a kiver equiped. But a SKS one shots a obscore.. Really?

Even a sniper riffle which is 150.000 worth is more shitty as its bolt action, and doesnt one shot anything. BALANCE! ducking BALANCE!

umadbro? Infuckingdeed.

I own a Yugoslavian SKS. Very similar stock color to the OP SKS in-game. However, The Yugo SKS has a grenade launcher spigot and sight. It would be neat to see that variation if it makes sense for the location and lore of Tarkov.