TarkovEscaper

SKS

promokis

Whats best scope for this short range on woods?

Ajacklee4
On 4/26/2016 at 2:00 PM, TarkovEscaper said:

Name: SKS
Type: semi-automatic carbine
Country of origin: USSR/Russia
Produced: 1945(9) - 1950+
Variants: SKS, ОП СКС, МР-163 (ОП – СКС), another variants with external magazines.
Caliber: 7.62x39
Action:  short gas piston
Feed system: internal 10rds magazine (clip or manual loading), external box magazines in some variants
Customization: Muzzle devices, gas block, rear sight, magazine, mounts and rails for attachments. Another modules in some variants.

SKS (Simonov semi-automatic carbine) pretty popular weapon around the globe, because of its cheap price and simplicity.
Despite its honorable age and because of wide spectre of improvements it can effectively compete with modern weapons of its class.

Special thanks to:

@Sam_ for providing assistance and information.

I love both mine. Please add the 10 round mag and bayonet soon. :)

Also I've noticed an issue in game, when you go to reload the magazine, it automatically locks the bolt back, but this is impossible in real life as only an empty magazine will lock the bolt back. I'd recommend talking to the team about making a new reloading animation that requires the PMC to hold the bolt back when reloading. Also, the magazine changes should take a bit more time, as duck bill magazines IRL are very hard to insert into the gun quickly. Another fix would be to add the Chinese SKS-D & SKS-M versions that accept AKM magazines, then the reload would be as quick as an AK.

20180818_202957.jpg

Edited by Ajacklee4
Added info

Ajacklee4
On 4/26/2016 at 4:44 PM, Patfast said:

Well the render shows the clips, soooo I'm assuming that'd be a yes.

Underbarrel bayonets seem fairly arbitrary to be honest. Like yeah it makes your weapon look pretty badass but it also:

A) extends the total length of your weapon, making it less useful in CQB (especially important in EFT)

B) makes the weapon heavier (not by a ton but it also makes mounting a suppressor difficult/impossible)

C) sacrifices the underbarrel slot which could've been used for a grenade launcher/shotgun/grip/LAM/maybeaflamethroweridk

But it definitely does look nice on old guns so I'll give you that.

ALL SKSes come with an underbarrel bayonet from factory, they're supposed to be there.

KhandE
13 minutes ago, gromta said:

can somebody tell me why an sks can oneshot a fast MT helmet? 

Helmets aren't rated for rifle fire in reality?

• Like 1

KhandE
7 minutes ago, gromta said:

u talking about real life. and this game has nothing to do with real life.

Have you read anything about this game? They're modeling it to be realistic as possible.

otherwise a shooty would kick you back if you infront of someone

What in the ever living......? Is this a troll post? Where in gods name has this ever been thought to be remotely plausible let alone true!?!? Looney Toons is not based on real life sorry to say.

GreekAndProud7

Are we going to see the 10-round internal magazine with stripper clips soon?

And if so when?

Titan65

need stripper clips

Kuzkula
On 8/20/2018 at 6:34 PM, Ajacklee4 said:

I love both mine. Please add the 10 round mag and bayonet soon. :)

Also I've noticed an issue in game, when you go to reload the magazine, it automatically locks the bolt back, but this is impossible in real life as only an empty magazine will lock the bolt back. I'd recommend talking to the team about making a new reloading animation that requires the PMC to hold the bolt back when reloading. Also, the magazine changes should take a bit more time, as duck bill magazines IRL are very hard to insert into the gun quickly. Another fix would be to add the Chinese SKS-D & SKS-M versions that accept AKM magazines, then the reload would be as quick as an AK.

I came here specifically to address this. I don't own the game (yet), and am a proud SKS owner and proficient shooter. The SKS loading/reloading animation is wrong, and will hopefully soon be fixed. 

I suppose you could consider me... triggered over this.

Ajacklee4
On 6/6/2019 at 5:59 PM, Kuzkula said:

I came here specifically to address this. I don't own the game (yet), and am a proud SKS owner and proficient shooter. The SKS loading/reloading animation is wrong, and will hopefully soon be fixed. 

I suppose you could consider me... triggered over this.

Same man. Maybe I'll email them.

Lupien
On 4/27/2016 at 11:13 AM, Patfast said:

12229707.jpg

Nice gun. Beautiful

vekongmaster

Dear BSG Weapon Department,

As I said in the other thread...

SKS reload animation is totally wrong (especially the Tactical Reloading animation when we reload non-empty mag). When reloading non-empty mag, our PMC character will pull back the bolt carrier ejecting a round outta the chamber and magically the bolt carrier stays locked to the rear, then he'll insert a new magazine (or rounds) and he'll pull the bolt carrier further back to let it go forward chambering new round. It seems like somehow the bolt catch inside SKS magically hold open the bolt carrier. You can see SKS goofy reload animation here in this video (starts at 1:01:06).

Afaik SKS doesn't have any Bolt Catch Release so we can't lock the bolt carrier to the rear when the magazine is still loaded with bullets (coz the bolt catch won't hold the bolt open until the magazine follower pushes it up when all the rounds are out). SKS bolt carrier will get locked to the rear only when the mag is out of rounds (when magazine follower pushes the bolt catch up locking the bolt carrier to the rear).

So what's the correct animation for SKS Tactical Reloading? Our PMC character should HOLD the bolt carrier back with his hand while reloading new mag or rounds. You can't just pull it back and "it'll magically stay that way".  The bolt catch won't hold the bolt open while you still have rounds in the magazine.

The animation should be like when you put a round into the chamber of a AK:

First you brace the buttstock of SKS against your shoulder, then hold the bolt back with right hand, and then insert rounds or mag with your left hand. 

So here's a  video demonstrating how the SKS works (what's inside an SKS):

With all due respect, please fix the animation!

Thanks in advance,

-Vekongmaster-