TarkovEscaper

SKS

Perilous

Oh, SKS, my favourite gun from Vietcong game, the sights were the best in the game, super stable, fast fireing..., I'd take it over almost anything. Good old times :D

Spoiler

600px-Vietcong_sks_aim.jpg

LePatrick

That weapon look like Kreygasm

Sam_

I'm going to pick up an SKS I had shipped to my local FFL today :) can't wait to get my hands on it! Such a lovely, down to earth rifle. 

• Upvote 1

Adamsan

I want to shoot from that weapon now! I'll get responsibility for it :P 

• Upvote 1

Sam_

I just got back from the shop. Their background check system is down today for whatever reason! D': - so needless to say I am a very sad Sam. However, I didn't leave completely empty handed. The associate behind the counter asked if I'd like to see it, and I said sure. He came back and unwrapped it, and told me the wooden stock was in very good condition, no cosmoline, looks clean, cleaning kit is included in butt of stock, spike bayonet, its all there full package baby :). One thing is different though, the handguard is aftermarket :S. It's a black one with the normal 3 slits near the bottom parallel to the barrel. However, he said it isn't such a bad thing after all since it can get hot there and sometimes burn you. Anyway, I'm about to buy a wooden handguard just in case I want to put it on in the future. It looks great the way it is now. Really glad he confirmed it's in good condition as it's my first rifle I've ever bought! Can't wait to start pumping some 7.62x39 outta her!

I will post a picture here tomorrow, as a little update if you will.

• Upvote 2

Adamsan
12 minutes ago, Sam_ said:

I just got back from the shop. Their background check system is down today for whatever reason! D': - so needless to say I am a very sad Sam. However, I didn't leave completely empty handed. The associate behind the counter asked if I'd like to see it, and I said sure. He came back and unwrapped it, and told me the wooden stock was in very good condition, no cosmoline, looks clean, cleaning kit is included in butt of stock, spike bayonet, its all there full package baby :). One thing is different though, the handguard is aftermarket :S. It's a black one with the normal 3 slits near the bottom parallel to the barrel. However, he said it isn't such a bad thing after all since it can get hot there and sometimes burn you. Anyway, I'm about to buy a wooden handguard just in case I want to put it on in the future. It looks great the way it is now. Really glad he confirmed it's in good condition as it's my first rifle I've ever bought! Can't wait to start pumping some 7.62x39 outta her!

I will post a picture here tomorrow, as a little update if you will.

Sure thing, I'm looking forward :D

• Upvote 1

BrandonS101
7 hours ago, Sam_ said:

I'm going to pick up an SKS I had shipped to my local FFL today :) can't wait to get my hands on it! Such a lovely, down to earth rifle. 

Your getting a real sks? What country do you live in? lol

• Upvote 1

Sam_
4 hours ago, BrandonS101 said:

Your getting a real sks? What country do you live in? lol

Yupyup! As real as can be. There are a few different variants such as Russian original of course- SKS-45 (the quintessential ;) ), Yugoslavian 59/66 (has fixed grenade launcher attached at the end of barrel & grenade sights), East German, Chinese Norinco Type 56, there's Albanian , Romanian , Polish, North Korean, NVA, and even a fully automatic Chinese Type 81.  :D

I'm getting the Norinco Type 56. It brings back memories of Battlefield: Vietnam haha. I wanted a Yugoslavian one, but they tend to be a little more obscure and expensive here where I live, which by the way , to answer your other question is - State of Maryland, USA. 

Can't wait to show you guys! Tomorrow can't come quick enough! 

Edited by Sam_
To add
  • Upvote 1

Sam_

Hey everyone - I'm back, and I've got a pretty SKS with me! :D. So happy with her; it's an absolute beauty.

Attached are several pics of it. One thing I'm going to change is the handguard; it isn't the stock wooden one. I'm going to attempt ordering one closest to the color of my stock and hope I'm not colorblind as poo (even though I actually am a deutan :S ) Otherwise, looks great to me. All numbers match as well. Took a few macro shots to get up close and personal with it.

Enjoy!

FullSizeRender.jpg

sks.jpg

serialbuttstock.jpg

sksboltcarrier.jpg

stamp.jpg

stock1.jpg

stock.jpg

• Upvote 4

BrandonS101
On 11/4/2016 at 5:12 PM, Sam_ said:

FullSizeRender.jpg

When did you get it?

Sam_
2 hours ago, BrandonS101 said:

When did you get it?

Purchased it about a week ago, it was a few states away from me so they had to shop it to a store near me, and I picked it up and took her home yesterday (Friday) :)

• Upvote 1

Sam_

Hey guys! Me again! So today I went to a gun show near me and guess what I found and bought?...

yeah you guessed right — an SKS! (Again! Heheh) but this one is different from my other one. It's a Yugoslavian variant! It has a grenade launcher fixed to the end of the barrel, grenade sights of course, & a blade bayonet (instead of spike on my Chinese SKS) 

I'm so proud of this SKS, it looks to be in amazing condition. The guy said it was unissued. :) I can't wait to share pictures with you all. Once I get home and get the lights set up and all that, I'll take a few and post again for you all to see. 

Sam_

As promised , here are the pictures of my new Yugo m59/66 SKS I got today! :) 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sam_

Thought I'd post again; since my last post of the Yugo SKS, I've gotten three more :). Here's the collection so far. (With a TTC included)

Top to bottom: 

Sino-Soviet Paratrooper 

Yugoslavian M59/66A1

Russian 1953 Tula (Ex-DDR/Lisky refurb)

Albanian "Independence Carbine"

Chinese Type 56

The Albanians original mag isn't feeding properly so I am working on that and have a Chinese mag in there at the moment. And as for the Type 56, I will finally be installing an original wood handguard to replace the black one it came with when I bought the gun.

Hope you all enjoy! Would love to see pics of anyone else's collections or SKS' you may have :)

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

Kiba_Stream
1 минуту назад, Sam_ сказал:

Thought I'd post again; since my last post of the Yugo SKS, I've gotten three more :). Here's the collection so far. (With a TTC included)

Top to bottom: 

Sino-Soviet Paratrooper 

Yugoslavian M59/66A1

Russian 1953 Tula (Ex-DDR/Lisky refurb)

Albanian "Independence Carbine"

Chinese Type 56

The Albanians original mag isn't feeding properly so I am working on that and have a Chinese mag in there at the moment. And as for the Type 56, I will finally be installing an original wood handguard to replace the black one it came with when I bought the gun.

Hope you all enjoy! Would love to see pics of anyone else's collections or SKS' you may have :)

This is awesome!

• Upvote 1

Sam_
41 minutes ago, Kiba_Stream said:

This is awesome!

Thanks! The SKS is my favorite firearm & I'm so excited to see it in game! 

Meanwhile, with my growing collection, I still have a few more variants I want to get such as the Romanian, North Vietnamese, East German, North Korean, and the other Chinese variants like the SKS-M, SKS Sporter, and SKS-D. I'm probably going to turn my attention toward the Chinese ones I don't have. 

Which brings up a question: would there be a possibility of an SKS-M or SKS-D (they accept AK magazines) making an appearance/being in-game? ^.^  That'd be amazing! But, I feel like I already kinda know the answer to that, and since those variants were made for commercial export one may wonder how they ended up in Tarkov. 

Either way though, I'm more than happy to be able to use the one that started it all, the Russian SKS :). Just waiting for it to be added in game! 

Edited by Sam_
Wording

Kiba_Stream

3 часа назад, Sam_ сказал:

Which brings up a question: would there be a possibility of an SKS-M or SKS-D (they accept AK magazines) making an appearance/being in-game? ^.^

В 26.04.2016 в 23:00, TarkovEscaper сказал:

Feed system: internal 10rds magazine (clip or manual loading), external box magazines in some variants

• Upvote 1

Sam_
On December 21, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Kiba_Stream said:

Ah, thanks, missed that bit. I am so hyped for them. Any idea when SKS will be in game? So far all I've seen is the stock. 

Kiba_Stream
15 часов назад, Sam_ сказал:

Ah, thanks, missed that bit. I am so hyped for them. Any idea when SKS will be in game? So far all I've seen is the stock. 

Sorry cant tell that now

Xike

Neat, it seems like some of the Chinese SKS models had 20 round fixed magazines.

I've been meaning to pick up an SKS for myself, I wonder if these mags are easy to come by.

sks-20-rd-mag.jpg

Edited by Xike

Sam_
10 hours ago, Xike said:

Neat, it seems like some of the Chinese SKS models had 20 round fixed magazines.

I've been meaning to pick up an SKS for myself, I wonder if these mags are easy to come by.

sks-20-rd-mag.jpg

Hey! You are correct, but while they were made by the Chinese, I'm fairly certain they never specifically came installed in any sks variant; rather, the Chinese created it as an after thought. (A very useful afterthought at that!) 

As for rarity, they are definitely harder to come by than a regular 10rd or any aftermarket box magazine; be wary though, some people may try selling them for $150-$200. They're hardly worth that much. An acceptable price is more like $75-100. (Im even iffy about paying $100 for one), but in my experience they are a bit more difficult to come by and even if you do find one/some, the asshole selling them is trying to make a killing off it or rip you off. 

My most recent purchase was my 1953 Tula (EX-DDR/Lisky) refurb SKS and lucky for me the gentleman selling it included a 20rd Chinese magazine for free! :)

Goodluck on your search for a nice SKS and the magazine! Which country's SKS/variant are you interested in? There are Chinese variants such as the SKS-M & SKS-D that natively accept AK mags. 

Here's a pic of my 20 rounder Chinese magazine. (Sorry, was just a quick snap). Don't have it in any of my SKS' at the moment but probably gonna see how it looks in my Chinese Type 56 now that I finally got an original wood hand guard on it. (Came with a black polymer one. It was alright but since buying my first SKS. (The Chinese type 56) I've become somewhat of a purist :0. Aaaaand I'll shut up now ;P. 

IMG_0002.JPG

• Upvote 1